The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Thats team strategy
:manny:
itā€™s been plenty times when Bottas had to take a L for Lewis (and rightfully so )

Hell last year every race was basically RB saying ā€œHey Albon weā€™re about to fukk you over for Max :unimpressed:ā€œ
The goal for a F1 team is to get a guy that's good enough to clean up after the team leader but not good enough to challenge him. Bottas (before this year) has been that to Lewis perfectly.

But when you have to manufacture the team leader ahead consistently then....why not just let the other guy win if it keeps on happening?

That's what we're saying here. This isn't going to be a one off like the rare times Bottas is outdoing Lewis. I think Checo has a legit 50/50 chance in a fight with Max. Red Bull is going to have to start making some questionable decisions. I think this situation is going to implode and it's going to happen soon. Checo isn't gonna go anywhere.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
The goal for a F1 team is to get a guy that's good enough to clean up after the team leader but not good enough to challenge him. Bottas (before this year) has been that to Lewis perfectly.

But when you have to manufacture the team leader ahead consistently then....why not just let the other guy win if it keeps on happening?

That's what we're saying here. This isn't going to be a one off like the rare times Bottas is outdoing Lewis. I think Checo has a legit 50/50 chance in a fight with Max. Red Bull is going to have to start making some questionable decisions. I think this situation is going to implode and it's going to happen soon. Checo isn't gonna go anywhere.
I think Checo is very good ,that was apparent last year with Racing point ,but I donā€™t know if heā€™s 50/50 with Max .

I donā€™t think heā€™s so far behind Max where he should be treated like a 2nd tier driver either though .

Both print money but Max is looked to as the wonderboy so heā€™ll get favor ..will Checo be good with that ? Iā€™m assuming they had that talk before signing

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And thats trash then ,just because shyt happened in the past doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not garbage . :gucci:

If Hamilton lost a race like Max did today the energy in here would be 100000% different
It is. Guys here watched China in 2007 and the Malaysia failure. We watched Vettel fukk over Hamilton right here in Baku. We get pissed then we remember that's racing and we move on. Go and do likewise.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Nah Gasly held up Lewis. Checo had a mysterious tire gun error in his pit-stop. That resolved itself in perfect timing to get Verstappen by and still a gap ahead of Lewis.
4.3 seconds for Checo a lot slower than Max's perfect 1.9. But somehow just fast enough to be better than Hamilton's 4.6 :jbhmm:

Pure coincidence :skip:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
It is. Guys here watched China in 2007 and the Malaysia failure. We watched Vettel fukk over Hamilton right here in Baku. We get pissed then we remember that's racing and we move on. Go and do likewise.

So you saying the Malaysia failure isnā€™t a trash way to lose/gain a victory ? Bc thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying

I just prefer everyone competing at full strength in all sports ..now does that happen all time ? Nah...so I get it :manny:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

I don't see it happening, at least not this year.

Checo is experienced enough to read the room and is doing all he can to get another contract. You can see it during the interview.

Paul di Resta: absolutely fantastic victory Sergio :krs:

Checo: :whoa: First I want to say I'm very sorry for Max :whoa:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Lewis got a really good start and was alongside before braking, it's not like he made a bad decision
It was a mistake of being too eager and greedy, Vettel did the same thing few years back when his brakes didn't hold up and Botta let him sail past to the run off. Lewis should've just accepted 2nd.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you saying the Malaysia failure isnā€™t a trash way to lose/gain a victory ? Bc thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying

I just prefer everyone competing at full strength in all sports ..now does that happen all time ? Nah...so I get it :manny:
Just saying don't expect sympathy when it happens. Those are the breaks.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It was a mistake of being too eager and greedy, Vettel did the same thing few years back when his brakes didn't hold up and Botta let him sail past to the run off. Lewis should've just accepted 2nd.
Again, he hit the Magic button, brake balance went 100% front, and he locked up.

Had he not hit the button, he would've made the turn. Nothing to do with being greedy.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It's beyond just being at Baku. He's had podiums here before because this was the place that Racing Point, with their Mercedes engines, had a power advantage over the Hondas and Renault's. It's the only place where he had a car that matched his ability. Checo is flat-out the truth.

is the "24 hours" up yet :ld:?

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
My niece just beat me. I taught her too well. :snoop:

197127489_4907591042589662_5982816528624140092_n.jpg

calh45

Cal
Daps
I think Checo is very good ,that was apparent last year with Racing point ,but I donā€™t know if heā€™s 50/50 with Max .

I donā€™t think heā€™s so far behind Max where he should be treated like a 2nd tier driver either though .

Both print money but Max is looked to as the wonderboy so heā€™ll get favor ..will Checo be good with that ? Iā€™m assuming they had that talk before signing

I'm just now catching up to the highlights, but if they didn't fukk up Checo's pit stop he would've come out of the pits ahead of Max. They did a 1.9 second pit stop for Max and a 4.3 second stop for Checo. It's pretty safe to say he was going to be comfortably ahead if he got the same pit stop service, but he didn't and he ended up being a rear guard for Max with Lewis.

He's catching Max up pretty quickly on race pace. If he ever gets qualifying figured out Marko is probably going to start slashing his tires pre-race. I don't think Horner cares who wins between the drivers, as long as RB wins the constructor championship, but Marko is invested in Max being #1.