The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just now catching up to the highlights, but if they didn't fukk up Checo's pit stop he would've come out of the pits ahead of Max. They did a 1.9 second pit stop for Max and a 4.3 second stop for Checo. It's pretty safe to say he was going to be comfortably ahead if he got the same pit stop service, but he didn't and he ended up being a rear guard for Max with Lewis.

He's catching Max up pretty quickly on race pace. If he ever gets qualifying figured out Marko is probably going to start slashing his tires pre-race. I don't think Horner cares who wins between the drivers, as long as RB wins the constructor championship, but Marko is invested in Max being #1.
I doubt it. Redbull always had a favorite driver and in a tight battle, they can't afford their drivers taking points away from each other. Perez will be expected to play his position.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I doubt it. Redbull always had a favorite driver and in a tight battle, they can't afford their drivers taking points away from each other. Perez will be expected to play his position.

Yes. IF it's a tight battle, but I don't think there's going to be a tight battle later in the season. If Checo got the same pit service as Max he was going to be 2 seconds AHEAD of him. That's not tight. There's no position to play if he would be 2 seconds ahead. At that point they'd look like jackasses to tell him to slow down to let Max by.

Checo, for his part, after the stop happened played blocker like he was supposed to, and Max's accident was good fortune for him, but he was going to win if the team comes through with even an average pit stop.

Checo is the first driver since Mark Webber to not come from Marko's RB driving program. I genuinely think it's a sign that Horner is taking more control of the team and I don't think Horner cares about having a favorite driver. Marko does. Horner cares about beating Toto.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Lewis pulled a Leroy Jenkins on this shyt today. Welp, see ya'll at French GP.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. IF it's a tight battle, but I don't think there's going to be a tight battle later in the season. If Checo got the same pit service as Max he was going to be 2 seconds AHEAD of him. That's not tight. There's no position to play if he would be 2 seconds ahead. At that point they'd look like jackasses to tell him to slow down to let Max by.

Checo, for his part, after the stop happened played blocker like he was supposed to, and Max's accident was good fortune for him, but he was going to win if the team comes through with even an average pit stop.

Checo is the first driver since Mark Webber to not come from Marko's RB driving program. I genuinely think it's a sign that Horner is taking more control of the team and I don't think Horner cares about having a favorite driver. Marko does. Horner cares about beating Toto.
It's going to be a tight battle with Mercedes. Redbull isn't going to run away with this title, and if Verstappen and Perez take away points from each other, Hamilton will profit.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I finally got the nerve to check the post race interviews. Damn. A simple accidental button press ruined a potential 99th win. Tragic. But it seems like the racing gods want this championship battle to play out properly. So be it.

• Dap
Reactions: F K

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Max 7 tenths clear. Lewis, nowhere.

Not looking good. Merc were supposed to be strong on this track.

And Merc have no plans to bring upgrades. Every resource is going into 2022.

They have some decisions to make.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

They may have already made the decisions and chose to just take this year at it comes even if they drop both championships so they can come out as dominant next year.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They may have already made the decisions and chose to just take this year at it comes even if they drop both championships so they can come out as dominant next year.
Probably never looked up how that worked out for BMW, but let's see how it goes.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

You have to wonder the engine mode RBR is running. It must be aggressive. Aero adjustments canā€™t account for that. I feel good about Mercedesā€™ race pace, particularly on the medium. But thereā€™s going to be endless talk about what might be wrong with the chassis Lewis is using. Merc has picked the wrong season to act like some goofies.