The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have never actually seen such universal excuse making as to why Verstappen lost.

The media really have a built in bias.

Whether it is them being tired of Lewis' success or :mjpls: I find it all very interesting.

Also lots of 'Verstappen will learn from this' comments like he just joined F1 a couple years ago. He may be young, but at this stage he is a veteran.

Seems like a lot of people want to see the Prince kill the King, but I expect that's the nature of competition.

Still feels very :mjpls:

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have never actually seen such universal excuse making as to why Verstappen lost.

The media really have a built in bias.

Whether it is them being tired of Lewis' success or :mjpls: I find it all very interesting.

Also lots of 'Verstappen will learn from this' comments like he just joined F1 a couple years ago. He may be young, but at this stage he is a veteran.

Seems like a lot of people want to see the Prince kill the King, but I expect that's the nature of competition.

Still feels very :mjpls:

While there is obvs an :mjpls: element to it...that can't be ignored or disputed. F1 is a white mans sport, with a mixed race (black) man dominating it and by the end of his career, ending as the GOAT (minimum 3rd on the all time list at a stretch armstrong)

BUT

a big portion of it is people being massively bored with seeing the same sh't over and over again. that type of complete dominance isn't really entertaining unless you're a hardcore fan of the sportsperson doing it....people hated barcelona fc in the late 00's early 10's, dismiss the german and french football(soccer) leagues because of bayern munich and psg's dominance. People wouldn't hate lewis as much if he still won but had 2-3 rivals legit challenging him over the past couple years (non of this is lewis' fault or his concern btw)

a good form of complete sporting dominance from a overarching entertainment perspective is the federer/nadal/djokovic era

This isn't me handing out passes btw :whoa: believe you me, I think F1 has one of the top 5 b'tchmade, ungrateful and cancerous sporting fanbases but this sitch isn't as cut and dry as you made it out to be :manny:

F1 as a sport will find out what's really good once Lewis retires though :ufdup:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While there is obvs an :mjpls: element to it...that can't be ignored or disputed. F1 is a white mans sport, with a mixed race (black) man dominating it and by the end of his career, ending as the GOAT (minimum 3rd on the all time list at a stretch armstrong)

BUT

a big portion of it is people being massively bored with seeing the same sh't over and over again. that type of complete dominance isn't really entertaining unless you're a hardcore fan of the sportsperson doing it....people hated barcelona fc in the late 00's early 10's, dismiss the german and french football(soccer) leagues because of bayern munich and psg's dominance. People wouldn't hate lewis as much if he still won but had 2-3 rivals legit challenging him over the past couple years (non of this is lewis' fault or his concern btw)

a good form of complete sporting dominance from a overarching entertainment perspective is the federer/nadal/djokovic era

This isn't me handing out passes btw :whoa: believe you me, I think F1 has one of the top 5 b'tchmade, ungrateful and cancerous sporting fanbases but this sitch isn't as cut and dry as you made it out to be :manny:

F1 as a sport will find out what's really good once Lewis retires though :ufdup:
Interesting points.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

BUT

That shyt started with Schumacher and then Vettel and now Hamilton. Which is 16 world titles by 3 people since 2000. Only other period with 1 driver bring so dominate was the Fangio era.

F1 will be fine once Hamilton decides to leave. This topic is always bought up when an Superstar retires/leaves a sport. Fact that F1 is a global sport and the most popular motorsport in the world by far it isn't going to curl up in a ball and start crying just because Hamilton is no longer racing. The real question is will the Hamilton fans stick around after the king moves on to conquer something else?

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt started with Schumacher and then Vettel and now Hamilton. Which is 16 world titles by 3 people since 2000. Only other period with 1 driver bring so dominate was the Fangio era.

F1 will be fine once Hamilton decides to leave. This topic is always bought up when an Superstar retires/leaves a sport. Fact that F1 is a global sport and the most popular motorsport in the world by far it isn't going to curl up in a ball and start crying just because Hamilton is no longer racing. The real question is will the Hamilton fans stick around after the king moves on to conquer something else?

You're eschewing what I'm actually talking about and undermining Lewis' global draw for the sport. There was a reason why Bernie kept reiterating that he was glad Lewis was dominating and that he felt it was beneficial to F1's global appeal and ability to draw in new crowds and untapped markets. He's marketing gold dust and nothing like the other drivers. What, we trying to say man like Max, Danny, Charles etc could be the face of the sport in the way Lewis has been? :mjlol:

F1 will obvs still remain the top motorsport and a legit global sport. I never said it wouldn't. I was saying they'll understand just how much Lewis brought to the table once he leaves. Big difference.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You're eschewing what I'm actually talking about and undermining Lewis' global draw for the sport. There was a reason why Bernie kept reiterating that he was glad Lewis was dominating and that he felt it was beneficial to F1's global appeal and ability to draw in new crowds and untapped markets. He's marketing gold dust and nothing like the other drivers. What, we trying to say man like Max, Danny, Charles etc could be the face of the sport in the way Lewis has been? :mjlol:

F1 will obvs still remain the top motorsport and a legit global sport. I never said it wouldn't. I was saying they'll understand just how much Lewis brought to the table once he leaves. Big difference.

Its not all about you sweetheart. I was talking in general. I answer the part of your quoted i wanted too the dominance part.

Because it impossible to recreate what Hamilton brings. Just like it was with Pele, Ali, Jordan, Tiger is in prime etc etc. What works for one person wont work for another even if you lift aspects of it because the audience will see it and people knows a knock off when they see one. He is the bridge that brings 2 different era's together the Schumacher era when he first retired and the current one. Like LeBron Messi C dot Floyd Fed Nadal etc. Superstars who started before the boom of social media and continued to have success after its explosion and continued on till this day. I guess you can call them influencers. Their legacy to steal from Al Davis is their longevity to the commitment of excellence and winning. Which really hasnt been known in the history of F1 minus the Schumacher and Fangio years could argue Prost 4 titles in 8 years). You get someone having a good 3-4 years period then they drop off. Spark when they started an all that.

Quite a few people in this thread on this page even have said where will F1 be once Hamilton goes. And no one is bigger than a sport this has been proven time and time again even if it does take a few years to find a new star to push. Whoever starts winning the most and in style that is the person who they will push next its not rocket science its a tried and tested formula that has worked in various other sports when there isnt a clear or defined star to take over.

Sport stars are bland as phuck now in all sports and will continue to be so moving forward that is just the way society as a whole has been moving this last decade. The phuckery they use to be able to get away with previously being a loveable rouge is no longer allowed in the social media era. As everything about the brand and people will get cancelled and have more things to lose. They want robots not personalities. The next generation of sports stars is going to be :scust: when it comes to personality and charismatic appeal. Because they dont want to phuck up the sponsorship bag.

But like I said are the Hamilton fans here to stay? After he moves on?

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not all about you sweetheart. I was talking in general. I answer the part of your quoted i wanted too the dominance part.

Because it impossible to recreate what Hamilton brings. Just like it was with Pele, Ali, Jordan, Tiger is in prime etc etc. What works for one person wont work for another even if you lift aspects of it because the audience will see it and people knows a knock off when they see one. He is the bridge that brings 2 different era's together the Schumacher era when he first retired and the current one. Like LeBron Messi C dot Floyd Fed Nadal etc. Superstars who started before the boom of social media and continued to have success after its explosion and continued on till this day. I guess you can call them influencers. Their legacy to steal from Al Davis is their longevity to the commitment of excellence and winning. Which really hasnt been known in the history of F1 minus the Schumacher and Fangio years could argue Prost 4 titles in 8 years). You get someone having a good 3-4 years period then they drop off. Spark when they started an all that.

Quite a few people in this thread on this page even have said where will F1 be once Hamilton goes. And no one is bigger than a sport this has been proven time and time again even if it does take a few years to find a new star to push. Whoever starts winning the most and in style that is the person who they will push next its not rocket science its a tried and tested formula that has worked in various other sports when there isnt a clear or defined star to take over.

Sport stars are bland as phuck now in all sports and will continue to be so moving forward that is just the way society as a whole has been moving this last decade. The phuckery they use to be able to get away with previously being a loveable rouge is no longer allowed in the social media era. As everything about the brand and people will get cancelled and have more things to lose. They want robots not personalities. The next generation of sports stars is going to be :scust: when it comes to personality and charismatic appeal. Because they dont want to phuck up the sponsorship bag.

But like I said are the Hamilton fans here to stay? After he moves on?
What's with the passive aggressiveness? :heh: you can't just hold regular back and forth?

And ngl mate...you just spouted a whole lot of unnecessary waffle that regurgitated the points I already covered...but then again, it's not all about me is it? :ld::mjlol:

But to answer your question, of course a bag of them aren't gonna stay with f1 because like you just stated, they're lewis fans, not f1 fans. You will get some fallout with some being converted into genuine f1 fans but no, the majority will dip out once lewis is gone. That's pretty obvious, happens will all sporting icons when looking over sporting history and not really that interesting a thing to ponder over tbh

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Weak ass mods tried to hold me back! But I'm FREE! Back with my F1 brehs for another season. And boy-- what a way to kick off the season. First we had Lewis with Hungary 2019 performance. Now we have Bahrain 2020 which was literally the reverse of that race. Funny thing is-- our guy won both of those races. These white people are beside themselves. Best car. Pole. Fresh tires. Max had every reason to win :mjgrin:. But lost. And you already got RBR copping pleas. There was a software issue, the diff was slipping, the exhaust was too loud :russ:. Paul di Resta had the dumbest look on his face during that post-race show. Max is plenty fast-- but he's not yet the complete racer Lewis is.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Vettel :picard::flabbynsick:.
68m3lltkpjr61.jpg