The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
If Lando didn't exceed the track limits he would've been faster than Max :ohhh:

It will be tough for Lewis tomorrow on mediums with two Redbulls behind him on softs :francis:

We need the skies to open up and rain the whole race tomorrow :mjlit:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
If Lando didn't exceed the track limits he would've been faster than Max :ohhh:

It will be tough for Lewis tomorrow on mediums with two Redbulls behind him on softs :francis:

We need the skies to open up and rain the whole race tomorrow :mjlit:
Only Checo is on softs. I don't think it's a big deal if Lewis maybe loses a position at the start. We've seen him abandon that fight to let the race come to him. Imola is a hard track to overtake on, but let's be reality. If anyone's going to pull off a timely overtake on this track, it'll be Lewis.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Just happen to be watching a Formula Regional race and caught the start. Polesitter was angled aggressively towards the right side of the track (drivers perspective) to straight line that kink, then shaded an inside line to force the car behind to have to overtake on the outside going into that chicane, which just ain't gonna work. Now it's just a matter of the guy controlling the race and trying to maximize the run into the start/finish straight and out of the first chicane. I'm sure we'll see the same tomorrow.

If Checo doesn't pass Lewis and stays ahead of Verstappen, it's going to be tire management and team orders controversy on Verstappen's side of the garage. Best believe he'll be whining about being let past and I hope Checo doesn't give in and stretches that stint.

On a side note, and I'm pretty sure I've brought it up before, but I love how Lewis just muscles past MFs in qualifying so that they don't fukk up his lap :mjlol:. After Monza he said fukk y'all and that bullshyt.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Only Checo is on softs. I don't think it's a big deal if Lewis maybe loses a position at the start. We've seen him abandon that fight to let the race come to him. Imola is a hard track to overtake on, but let's be reality. If anyone's going to pull off a timely overtake on this track, it'll be Lewis.

Lewis is up there by himself. There's no way he's giving up position on a track that's hard to pass and Bottas is not going to be in a position to help with team strategy..

It's looking like it's gonna be a year where he'll win the championship, but Merc is gonna lose the constructors championship.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Bottas fukking up. He needs to make up at least four places on the first lap to help the team with strategy.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
They're saying on reddit that Helmut Marko was on Austrian TV saying how Perez could give a nice tow to Max :mjlol: barely even acknowledging Checo's accomplishment.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're saying on reddit that Helmut Marko was on Austrian TV saying how Perez could give a nice tow to Max :mjlol: barely even acknowledging Checo's accomplishment.
So they really brought in Checo and told him he can't fight for the title?

:dwillhuh:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
disgusting. they're going to die on that Max sword I see. During the three weeks off I took the time to rewatch a couple dozen races from last year's stretching to 2018. Anyone who thinks Max can beat Lewis, even with a better car is delusional. Anything can happen granted, and it's not like I'm suggesting Max isn't elite. But the number of mistakes he makes constantly gets swept under the rug. His race craft is very overrated. People get tight in the pants because it looks flashy when he's flying around aggressively trying to overtake someone-- but unless he's overtaking a midfield car-- he's washed out trying to follow behind cars, and ruined his tires sliding off track numerous times. If I was one of those folks that edit clips to create montages-- I would. It's that prevalent. We're going to continue to see him fall short like this. You could see how tight he was after qualifying. All that gum bumping he and Jos have done about Max in equal machinery, and he can't even get the job done so far with superior machinery.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

They probably thought he would come in and just be happy to be there. We'll see in a couple more races how competitive he really is-- but they're not going to let him take points off Max though, you know it.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Helmut Marko is just an a$$hole and he's 77 so you know he will say anyting.

Remember when talks about RedBull taking over Honda's engine development was the main story so media was getting quotes from everyone and Marko said something like 'it doesn't matter what Christian Horner says, he doesn't know anything about it, he's not at that level' :mjlol:

If I had to guess I think he won't be happy with Checo doing too good because he wants Yuki Tsunoda in that seat. Marko is RB 'advisor' and head of driver development, so he will always favor his drivers. He probably would've pushed Yuki into that seat this year if they didn't ruin Albon's career and almost ruined Gasly's back to back.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
They probably thought he would come in and just be happy to be there. We'll see in a couple more races how competitive he really is-- but they're not going to let him take points off Max though, you know it.

It's absolutely bullshyt, but you're right as to how it's going to play out. Checo going to get that Webber treatment at RB :scust:

calh45

Cal
Daps
It's absolutely bullshyt, but you're right as to how it's going to play out. Checo going to get that Webber treatment at RB :scust:

Honestly. I think we're really about to see who holds power at RB if Checo ends up getting Max consistently. I don't think Horner gives a fukk as long as RB wins the constructors, but I think Marko wants Max to win the individual championship to make himself look good. I think Checo is Horner's pick for 2nd driver since Webber and all the rest have been Marko which is why he's been saying slick shyt about Horner since last year.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Marko hates every driver heā€™s ever had besides Max. :russ:

Happy to see Checo up there making Max fans mad. :mjlol:

Lewis, dominant as usual.

Spanish Mafia had a bad fukking day though. Both of them didnā€™t make into Q3.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Forgot to mention, this season wonā€™t get really spicy until the new drivers get used to their cars. Outside of Checo, all of them were below their average. Theyā€™ll look better in the race for sure but none of them are close to 100% IMO.