The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Engineers talking tough. Said they’ll reveal all of the changes in due time.

The aero reg changes were supposed to cut 20% of total downforce but if I had to guess, they probably regained most, if not
all of it back. Last year’s car was the fastest F1 car of all-time. I’m not expecting much different this year. :wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
40311540-9348105-image-a-14_1615409803228.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: New F1 chief Stefano Domenicali insists the sport does NOT have a racism problem as he discusses
its human rights record and Lewis Hamilton's future in his first interview since taking over from Chase Carey

• Stefano Domenicali has given his first interview since taking over as F1 CEO
  • Domenicali has praised Bernie Ecclestone and revealed they speak regularly
  • The Italian is a conciliator - nobody in the sport has a bad word to say about him
  • When asked if he thinks F1 has a racism problem: 'I don't perceive that,' he said
Stefano Domenicali was the motor racing nut who as a teenager checked passes and stewarded cars in the royal park at Monza. He directed Bernie Ecclestone to his parking space and today we find him sitting in the old boss's chair.

'You can imagine when I was a kid, Bernie was a myth — he still is,' declared Domenicali.

In fact, it is not the actual chair and it is not the actual office from which Ecclestone, now 90 and seeing out Covid from the seclusion of his home in Gstaad, Switzerland, turned a hobby for enthusiasts into the billion-dollar phenomenon that is modern Formula One.

'Mick Schumacher at Haas. Ha, I knew him when he was a bump in his mother Corinna's body. He reminds me of Michael. He is a team player — Michael was that more than anything else.

'A small detail: the first time I saw Michael he had a notebook with him, and the first time I saw Mick at his Prema team (with whom he won the F2 title last year) he had a notebook and pen.'

I ask him, with his experience in red, if he envisages Hamilton ever going to Ferrari.

'No, I don't think so. They have invested in Charles and now Carlos. Lewis will end his career at Mercedes.'

The new season, starting in Bahrain on March 28, sees Formula One go to Saudi Arabia at the end of November — another recruit to the list of abysmal human rights-screwing countries. How, pray, does that fit in with the all-singing, all-dancing diversity agenda?

'Zero embarrassment,' Domenicali answered. 'Formula One has a role to play in advancing our values in different places in the world. Sport can progress this in a faster way, shining a spotlight. We can be an enabler and are discussing these kinds of things with the Saudis.

Stefano Domenicali insists Formula One does NOT have a racism problem | Daily Mail Online

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
40311540-9348105-image-a-14_1615409803228.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: New F1 chief Stefano Domenicali insists the sport does NOT have a racism problem as he discusses
its human rights record and Lewis Hamilton's future in his first interview since taking over from Chase Carey

• Stefano Domenicali has given his first interview since taking over as F1 CEO
  • Domenicali has praised Bernie Ecclestone and revealed they speak regularly
  • The Italian is a conciliator - nobody in the sport has a bad word to say about him
  • When asked if he thinks F1 has a racism problem: 'I don't perceive that,' he said
Stefano Domenicali was the motor racing nut who as a teenager checked passes and stewarded cars in the royal park at Monza. He directed Bernie Ecclestone to his parking space and today we find him sitting in the old boss's chair.

'You can imagine when I was a kid, Bernie was a myth — he still is,' declared Domenicali.

In fact, it is not the actual chair and it is not the actual office from which Ecclestone, now 90 and seeing out Covid from the seclusion of his home in Gstaad, Switzerland, turned a hobby for enthusiasts into the billion-dollar phenomenon that is modern Formula One.

'Mick Schumacher at Haas. Ha, I knew him when he was a bump in his mother Corinna's body. He reminds me of Michael. He is a team player — Michael was that more than anything else.

'A small detail: the first time I saw Michael he had a notebook with him, and the first time I saw Mick at his Prema team (with whom he won the F2 title last year) he had a notebook and pen.'

I ask him, with his experience in red, if he envisages Hamilton ever going to Ferrari.

'No, I don't think so. They have invested in Charles and now Carlos. Lewis will end his career at Mercedes.'

The new season, starting in Bahrain on March 28, sees Formula One go to Saudi Arabia at the end of November — another recruit to the list of abysmal human rights-screwing countries. How, pray, does that fit in with the all-singing, all-dancing diversity agenda?

'Zero embarrassment,' Domenicali answered. 'Formula One has a role to play in advancing our values in different places in the world. Sport can progress this in a faster way, shining a spotlight. We can be an enabler and are discussing these kinds of things with the Saudis.

Stefano Domenicali insists Formula One does NOT have a racism problem | Daily Mail Online
Seems a good guy, but outside of Toto Wolff he is just projecting the paddock opinion.

It's a position steeped in ignorance that needs to be addressed but will never be understood by people like him who choose to gloss over their privilege.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Seems a good guy, but outside of Toto Wolff he is just projecting the paddock opinion.

It's a position steeped in ignorance that needs to be addressed but will never be understood by people like him who choose to gloss over their privilege.

Good people don't gloss over their privilege

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only the first day of testing but man, Lewis and Mercedes are not having a good day. :jbhmm:

Always better to get the gremlins out early.

Wonder if they have another spec in the wings like they did a couple years back...

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Yeah, early testing gremlins Not looking too good, but they lost a lot of testing time with the gearbox issue.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Welp, I still think Mercedes are the favorites but that was a bad weekend for them. I’m sure they’ll find a setup that works but that car looked like last year’s Ferrari in terms of balance.

Verstappen and RB looking like they’ve brought their A game. On a one lap, dude is incredible. Like all-time fast.

Will be interesting to see what happens but gonna be a loooong season...

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Welp, I still think Mercedes are the favorites but that was a bad weekend for them. I’m sure they’ll find a setup that works but that car looked like last year’s Ferrari in terms of balance.

Verstappen and RB looking like they’ve brought their A game. On a one lap, dude is incredible. Like all-time fast.

Will be interesting to see what happens but gonna be a loooong season...
We shall see...

:lupe:

Still think merc will be fine.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Currently watching the new season on Netflix.Red Bull doing that slimey shot to get Lewis docked was :scust: and seeing the drivers reaction kinda make you root for dude