The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the best case?

Russell tops all practice sessions, qualy and wins the race...

The calls for him to drive next to Lewis for his final few years will be crazy.

Be careful what you wish for though...:sas2:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What's the best case?

Russell tops all practice sessions, qualy and wins the race...

The calls for him to drive next to Lewis for his final few years will be crazy.

Be careful what you wish for though...:sas2:

Best case is a Verstappen win.

Look at the comment on the DM's qualification page ... the detractors are frothing at the mouth and will use anything to detract from Lewis #7 / historical standing.

Bottas has to do better as well but it's still early.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to follow Russell's on board this weekend. He's a chattier driver than Lewis when it comes to giving feedback in a session. He was like "I'm struggling with braking into turn 1" and Bono was like :whoa: we'll talk about it when you get plugged in. I think he's got confidence but it's not strong, sounds unsure of himself out there. Bono about as smooth as ever :whew:. It's going to be a good weekend to learn. Toward the end of FP1 Bono gave him some steering wheel settings to bring up the safety car page. I'm liking what I hear from Russell though, kid clearly wants to learn and solicits feedback often.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Toto not happy with Russell's race pace. Slower than Albon.

Eoamp65XUAAslWf.png

Yeah, he is not close race pace wise. Hopefully he can improve.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Eoamp65XUAAslWf.png

Yeah, he is not close race pace wise. Hopefully he can improve.
Not that surprising, Russell is a great qualifier with poor racecraft.

Both he and Latifi have identical finishing position which is unacceptable especially if you factor in his higher starting position.

Sure he is in a backmarker car, but every great driver stuck in a backmarker has been able to absolutely demolish his mediocre teammates, but with Russell, he's really not that much better than Latifi on Sunday.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
@DIO Brando

:francis:
Looks like I have to fall all the way back and give it to you fully. I'm watching the team principal's presser from after FP1-- and I shyt you not Toto just said we haven't seen the cars taken out in "anger" to properly assess George. 15 years and of all days I'm finally introduced to this phrase. Weird. Some straight Mandela Effect shyt from my perspective.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@DIO Brando

Looks like I have to fall all the way back and give it to you fully. I'm watching the team principal's presser from after FP1-- and I shyt you not Toto just said we haven't seen the cars taken out in "anger" to properly assess George. 15 years and of all days I'm finally introduced to this phrase. Weird. Some straight Mandela Effect shyt from my perspective.
Its all good man.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@DIO Brando

You'll probably start to hear it so much now, you'll wonder if you mentally blocked it all this time :russ:

calh45

Cal
Daps
The melanin-free brigade on Reddit are mostly casuals and have the nerve to be talking about how this is going to affect Lewis' contract negotiation because Mr. Friday is "killing" it. :mjlol:

Dead ass I'm low key hoping Lewis sees all of this shyt, decides to switch seats with Russell, and wins at Williams in two years just to flex. Mercedes car is the car it is because Lewis helped them develop it into that car. The folks at Mercedes know that shyt too so I bet they're hoping all of those folks chill on the narrative because Lewis still hasn't signed his contract with Mercedes yet for next year.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
shyt like this is why Lewis can't retire:

Sky Team has been on that bullshyt all weekend. They see that possible Great White Hope of Anglo-descent and they can't help themselves. shyt like this just proves how much Lewis' success is eating them alive.

It's funny how when Lewis does well it's because of the car-- but Russell drives the car, puts in a couple fast laps and apparently Lewis is "overpaid" for what he brings to the table. And just think-- we're only three weeks removed from Turkey. It's disgusting.