Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC

UEFA needs to scratch that final in Baku :hhh:
Put that shyt in London somewhere and call it a day, have everyone home and in bed by 10PM :snooze:

Trying to watch NYCFC vs LA, all I'm getting is Georgetown vs Yale lacrosse
full

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I swear if they fukk with the format of the CL or EL fans might as well boycott that shyt. All kinds of crappy teams... Rounds and rounds of qualification.. Teams being relegated

I'm seeing so many bullshyt ideas being mooted

Like others have said.. The superpower teams in Continental Europe have wrecked their leagues with their greed and want to make one last money grab and torch their domestic league.

LOL they win the league every season and are surprised ppl are :russell:

If it wasnt for Liverpool EPL would've been wrapped by March.. Look at the distance between Chelsea and Abu Dhabi FC. You need ppl like me :ufdup:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
If

If it wasnt for Referees EPL would've been wrapped by March.. Look at the distance between Chelsea and Abu Dhabi FC. You need ppl like me :ufdup:

I like how you forget the 7 point lead MAGA FC had at the top of the table. And all the dodgy decisions to keep you in the title race.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I like how you forget the 7 point lead MAGA FC had at the top of the table. And all the dodgy decisions to keep you in the title race.

City were always the favourites. Even when we had a good December everyone was expecting us to collapse. Thankfully we kept it together and kept shyt entertaining for the rest of the league.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
@African_brehda we did it:ohlawd:

Last 2 games should be doable but knowing the fukkery berlusconi left behind we gona have to fight for it like a relegation battle:banderas:

Do either of atalanta, roma or inter have to face each other? Or else all our efforts will be futile if they all win remaining games :francis:
And to imagine we were even close to Napoli at a point :mjcry:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Stuff like this is why Ney has a target on his back in France, and is always getting fouled. He goes out of his way to try to humiliate those poor Ligue 1 defenders in every game :mjlol:

If somebody tried to embarrass me like that in a pickup game in the park I’m hitting them with a Muay Thai kick to the calf on principle, yet alone on a globally televised event.

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

Stuff like this is why Ney has a target on his back in France, and is always getting fouled. He goes out of his way to try to humiliate those poor Ligue 1 defenders in every game :mjlol:

If somebody tried to embarrass me like that in a pickup game in the park I’m hitting them with a Muay Thai kick to the calf on principle, yet alone on a globally televised event.

Easily better than Ronaldinho imo :yeshrug:
Just has a shyt attitude

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
:mjlol:
Serie A just switched from BeIN to ESPN over here and what happened? They shoved nearly every game on ESPN+ and might show a random match once every 2 or 3 weeks on ESPNews or ESPN2. ESPN won't be the answer.

This. ESPN has the US broadcast rights to this year’s Copa America, and all of the games are on ESPN+.

I have ESPN+, but a lot of people are going to miss out on a great tournament. I’m sure ESPN is giving out good contracts, but it’s awful for the long term growth and success of the sport to have it on such a small platform.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
The greed and seedy behaviour of Real Madrid and Barcelona has destroyed the potential of many clubs in Spain. The likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao, Real Betis and Athletico Madrid have suffered due to the financial abuse and corruption of these two clubs. The fact that Diego Simeone has been able to win La Liga title, and make two champions league final under these financial constraints has been a remarkable feat. If Barcelona and Madrid had to share revenue like EPL clubs do; they would have not obtain anywhere near the success they experience over the past decade or so.

I can see La Liga going the way of Seria A. A once formidable popular league reduced to insignificant league which barely gathers attention. Milan derby was once the biggest match in Europe, now, who cares or even watches it.

There are only two options for other European leagues in the future; either create a European superleague or rebrand their leagues allowing middle table teams to flourish and create a competitive league.

The Premier League has also suffered from the financial clout of the Spanish giants.

David Beckham moved to Spain. van Nistelrooy moved to Spain. Thierry Henry moved to Spain. Arjen Robben moved to Spain. Cristiano Ronaldo moved to Spain. Fabregas moved to Spain. Mascherano moved to Spain. Xabi Alonso moved to Spain. Bale moved to Spain. Modric moved to Spain. Luis Suarez moved to Spain. Coutinho moved to Spain. Hazard is about to move to Spain. You could make a competitive PL all time best XI just out of players bought by Barcelona and Real Madrid. Going the other way, the PL only bought La Liga players from lesser teams like Torres and Aguero, or rejects from the big two like Makelele, Deco, Robinho and Pedro.

Spain has consistently taken all the best Premier League players, year after year, for the last 20 years. Losing that much star power has definitely weakened the Premier League on the pitch as well as off it in terms of marketing. But even though they constantly snatch up all the best players the PL just keeps growing. It's a juggernaut now :wow: you take all the best players and STILL Cardiff City vs Fulham makes more money than Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid :deadmanny:

Barcelona's wage bill is more than 1 million euros per month higher than Man City's, and still their fans blame the PL's money for its success :mjlol:

Last edited:

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
No guard of honour as expected. :hhh:

These c*nts have zero fukking class.

Hope we fukkin scud these c*nts, break Andy halliday’s legs while we’re at it. :pacspit: