Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
Serie A just switched from BeIN to ESPN over here and what happened? They shoved nearly every game on ESPN+ and might show a random match once every 2 or 3 weeks on ESPNews or ESPN2. ESPN won't be the answer.

No one watches Serie A, period. They didn't watch in on beIN. They got 3 years tops of Messi in La Liga. Better secure that bag or watch NBC/Universal secure dominance in the space. Cuz I wouldn't be surprised if NBC lobbied for the next World Cup as well.

One thing I DO like about Fox's coverage of the WC is EVERY match is listed and available. No tiered NBC Sports Gold or no bullshyt like that.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Ole giving Herrea the

source.gif

:francis:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nah Romelu fired him awhile back, and this won't effect pogba's real and de ligt's Barca transfers.

De Ligt is all but done I thought. He wants the move to the club and I think Barca will throw the bag at him especially if Arsenal buy Umtiti.

Pogba, however, is a real quagmire. Almost no team BESIDES Madrid would take his massive wages (unless he took a pay cut) and ManU would demand an astronomical fee for him. I personally woulda preferred him at Barca as well playing where Arthur is playing now but with De Jong coming that's probably not happening.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Anybody find Ole’s Sir Alex devotion very creepy? He seems to ask what would Sir Alex do rather work towards a solution properly.

Low key want Liverpool to win the league but in reality City have been perfect for damn near half a season, those two have been incredible.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Anybody find Ole’s Sir Alex devotion very creepy? He seems to ask what would Sir Alex do rather work towards a solution properly.

Low key want Liverpool to win the league but in reality City have been perfect for damn near half a season, those two have been incredible.

They tired it the other way and it didn't work, might as well try it the old way, just so everyone can stop complaining.

concise

Veteran
Daps
This. ESPN has the US broadcast rights to this year’s Copa America, and all of the games are on ESPN+.

I have ESPN+, but a lot of people are going to miss out on a great tournament. I’m sure ESPN is giving out good contracts, but it’s awful for the long term growth and success of the sport to have it on such a small platform.

No one watches Serie A, period. They didn't watch in on beIN. They got 3 years tops of Messi in La Liga. Better secure that bag or watch NBC/Universal secure dominance in the space. Cuz I wouldn't be surprised if NBC lobbied for the next World Cup as well.

One thing I DO like about Fox's coverage of the WC is EVERY match is listed and available. No tiered NBC Sports Gold or no bullshyt like that.

If you honestly believe that ESPN is going to do anything different with La Liga if they were to get their hands on the rights. They'll air El Clasico on the air and do what they've always done, shove everything on the app as they try to build it up. :mjlol:

MLS, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Serie A, UEFA Nations League, Copa America, and whatever else they get their hands on in the future will have the same fate. I will honestly not be surprised if they shove a decent amount of content from next year's Euros onto ESPN+ as well.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

Even if he does feel like that he shouldn't keep referring to it publicly because it's becoming a parody. I read a story that he doesn't like to park in the spot reserved for the manager out of respect for Fergie. I'm hoping that was a tabloid :duck: because that's ridiculous lol

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Before the game starts, whether Liverpool finish 1st or 2nd, its been a great season. 90+ points, CL secured for next season, and the players have been fantastic :obama:

Stay humble:salute:

If we win today, I don't know how anyone can be mad at 97 points (3rd most ever) and only 1 loss. And we still have Madrid to look forward to. It's been a tremendous season so far.