Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm rooting for Arsenal for the EL final simply so it would mean that Lacaz would put even more pressure on Deschamps if he wins it and plays as good as he's been in EL this season. It's a bit symbolic that Giroud may play upfront against him though Sarri will probably start Higuain. Chelsea already has continental silverware (I mean Arsenal have a C2 but nobody really cares about that one anymore) so I don't think they'll be too mad if they don't win this one.

For CL, I think both coach deserve it :
- Klopp has been doing a phenomenal job at Liverpool by switching his tactics from his BVB days and adapting to the EPL. His team is now fully confident without the ball and can also (not as expertly as City of course) maneouver deep sitting teams, stuff that he couldn't do two years ago or with BVB at all. They smartly recruited to cover their weaknesses last season (goalie and CB) so LFC's management have been excellent thus far. This will be his third CL final and I'm sure he'll have some others. I hope he'll retire with at least 1 CL title.
- On the other hand, Pochettino though he had plenty of luck in this run has built a group with great cohesion and heart though he didn't have any possibility to make huge transfers compared to the EPL top dogs. But still he managed to elevate Tottenham to the highest places in EPL since he took charge of the team. He's now one step from the CL title and it would be a great thing for him to win and this would secure him as one of the best managers in the world rightfully so. His work at Spurs isn't really recognized and that would be the cherry on it. I wish Kane was healthy so both squad could be at 100% but this is on him for being reckless.

So I'll be a neutral for the CL title. I think I may lean a tiny bit to Spurs because they will be underdogs but wouldn't be mad at all if LFC lifts the cup. I know for sure that the game will be high intensity fukkery.

The English media cannot shut up about it. Man United fans cannot shut up about it, he gets his credit. Unless you're talking about Mainland Europe?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The English media cannot shut up about it. Man United fans cannot shut up about it, he gets his credit. Unless you're talking about Mainland Europe?
Well, you know I don't really have access to UK media lol. Poch is a bit in the shadow compared to the other top 6 coaches, at least from my perception here. I'd like him to be recognized a bit more. To be honest, I always thought that he would ended up PSG coach as he was a former player there.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Atalanta move into 3rd :ehh:

They gotta go to Turin next week tho :francis:

They’ve been playing great football recently, and Juve has been flat over the last few games. I’m fully expecting them to ruin Juve’s title celebration next week. It would be a fitting conclusion for Juve’s lackluster season.

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Can't wait to start that Salford City Career mode in FIFA 20

tenor.gif

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
They’ve been playing great football recently, and Juve has been flat over the last few games. I’m fully expecting them to ruin Juve’s title celebration next week. It would be a fitting conclusion for Juve’s lackluster season.
At least with the Bundesliga you can tell those teams besides Dortmund (to a degree) & Bayern (:ld:) aren't good enough seeing from how they all got destroyed in both european competions this season:bryan:(Except for Frankfurt :whoa:hope they get UCL.

But the Serie A teams barring Juve to a degree as well seem like a bunch of bottlers, I mean look at AC Milan for an example...went from UCL faithfuls to barley qualifying for the Europa :pachaha:

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
The race for the final CL spot in Serie A is going to be intense. I’m sitting here watching this Atalanta game like it’s a Final.

@Dip, @African_brehda, and the rest of y’all Milanistas deserve something good. Y’all brothers have been suffering too long :mjcry:
Thanx for the tag:mjcry:

concise

Veteran
Daps
If I'm La Liga I'm getting ready to spread them legs for ESPN. They got Disney money...If not the league is KAPUT post-Messi....it will be like HBO post-game of thrones.

:mjlol:
Serie A just switched from BeIN to ESPN over here and what happened? They shoved nearly every game on ESPN+ and might show a random match once every 2 or 3 weeks on ESPNews or ESPN2. ESPN won't be the answer.

Daps
Leeds couldn't do anything dominating possession in the first half, then Roofe scores off of a throw-in after waves of pressure from Derby in the second half. Funny thing.

Kemar Roofe taking over aside, I'm not seeing how either of these squads beats the winner between West Brom or Villa.