Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
La Liga and Bundesliga bosses are nervous. The real reason Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern dominated European football for the past decade or so; is because simply they’ve monopolized all the world class talent whilst just buying the best players from their local rivals. Sure they have obtained European success when you have all the best players in the world but EPL and its model has stolen the limelight. The EPL model and its distribution model has created a league of drama, big matches weekly and endless source of debate and talking points. EPL is now a social event, where people worldwide watch it over the weekend and base their weekend around it. EPL is also just starting to tap into India and Chinese market.

United vs Wolves is more popular worldwide than the Madrid derby. Ponder that,

EPL is an economic juggernaut

It's true. EPL over here actually has a deal with NBC Sports. They hired analysts at a desk for pre- and post-match. Live games each weekend and on the weekdays for EPL are easy to see. The late game on Saturday is on NBC proper, which means they get penetration on free TV in the U.S. once a week. They'll get a million viewers at 7:30 AM ET/4:30 AM PT for major derbies.

If you want to watch La Liga, on the other hand, you have to have beIN on the super-expensive cable package (if it's even available) or have PSTV's/Sling's biggest package. Bundesliga is on Fox Sports, but it's not always live and doesn't get much in the way of presentation. Serie A is at least on ESPN+, so maybe it can do something in the future. I legit don't know where Ligue One is available...let me Google...oh, beIN.

I also work with a lot of people from across the globe, and if we talk football, we pretty much talk EPL, to be honest. I talk to South Korean kids who know everything about Tottenham because they watch Son, I've met Arsenal supporters from literally every continent outside of North America except for Antarctica, basically whenever I meet people who were born here or who were born elsewhere and have immigrated here, when we talk football, it's 1) EPL, 2) international football, 3) Champions League.

La Liga should definitely be doing better than making deals with beIN sports, but as you say, it goes back to the product. EPL is just more exciting as far as I'm concerned. People in America seem to agree.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It's true. EPL over here actually has a deal with NBC Sports. They hired analysts at a desk for pre- and post-match. Live games each weekend and on the weekdays for EPL are easy to see. The late game on Saturday is on NBC proper, which means they get penetration on free TV in the U.S. once a week. They'll get a million viewers at 7:30 AM ET/4:30 AM PT for major derbies.

If you want to watch La Liga, on the other hand, you have to have beIN on the super-expensive cable package (if it's even available) or have PSTV's/Sling's biggest package. Bundesliga is on Fox Sports, but it's not always live and doesn't get much in the way of presentation. Serie A is at least on ESPN+, so maybe it can do something in the future. I legit don't know where Ligue One is available...let me Google...oh, beIN.

I also work with a lot of people from across the globe, and if we talk football, we pretty much talk EPL, to be honest. I talk to South Korean kids who know everything about Tottenham because they watch Son, I've met Arsenal supporters from literally every continent outside of North America except for Antarctica, basically whenever I meet people who were born here or who were born elsewhere and have immigrated here, when we talk football, it's 1) EPL, 2) international football, 3) Champions League.

La Liga should definitely be doing better than making deals with beIN sports, but as you say, it goes back to the product. EPL is just more exciting as far as I'm concerned. People in America seem to agree.
I think NBC has done a really good job promoting EPL in the states. I mean look at the coverage for the final week. 10 matches at 10 am on 10 different channels.

CFxq65FVAAAdr-k

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 must have a no foreigner rule in your universe..

full
there were more home base players in their top teams than the PL top 6 come on now. Germany and Spain were also dominating international soccer as a result. Literally all the best players besides Sterling and Kane are foreigners .

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
there were more home base players in their top teams than the PL top 6 come on now. Germany and Spain were also dominating international soccer as a result. Literally all the best players besides Sterling and Kane are foreigners .

England could win the next 5 international tournaments, the PL could win both the CL and EL for the next decade and you still would be complaining. For a Nation and league you seem to detest, you sure do talk alot about them. Then again, I guess you do need a distraction from the Laker Nation.:mjgrin:

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
England could win the next 5 international tournaments, the PL could win both the CL and EL for the next decade and you still would be complaining. For a Nation and league you seem to detest, you sure do talk alot about them. Then again, I guess you do need a distraction from the Laker Nation.:mjgrin:
lol. how can you even come to that conclusion based of what I've been saying? Everything I'm saying is logical. It's not like I've denied the PL have killed it this year. I'm just saying, foreign players and coaches are the reason and has nothing to do with English tactics.
And what's with the low blow? :dwillhuh::francis: I mean we can always have a chat about Milan, but I'm a classy guy