Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
One good year featuring the weakest Real and the most uneven Barca in years and hell breaks loose from England haters and supporters. :skip:

Hate them or love them, England gets computers 'putin. :heh: There was nowhere near this level of rage, juelzing, and chit chat when Spanish teams were regularly sending multiple teams deep into European competitions and winning them for a decade. English teams do this once with all their foreigners and tv money (things they've already had for a long time) and all hell breaks loose. :deadmanny:

They wanna have it one way but it's the other way :jawalrus:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Pirouette P :wow: and Matt Wells as assistant coach :blessed:

Well deserved to both of them :myman:

Hoping Levy gives him a discount if he comes looking at the Spurs youth they coached and developed.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else getting the feeling Spurs are winning the CL?

Not me. It took the best match Lucas ever played in his life to beat Ajax. Meanwhile, Liverpool's total team effort is indicative of how much they've bought into Klopp's philosophy. Front to back I think Liverpool is the better team. I don't think it will be a blow-out though.

La Liga and Bundesliga bosses are nervous. The real reason Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern dominated European football for the past decade or so; is because simply they’ve monopolized all the world class talent whilst just buying the best players from their local rivals. Sure they have obtained European success when you have all the best players in the world but EPL and its model has stolen the limelight. The EPL model and its distribution model has created a league of drama, big matches weekly and endless source of debate and talking points. EPL is now a social event, where people worldwide watch it over the weekend and base their weekend around it. EPL is also just starting to tap into India and Chinese market.

United vs Wolves is more popular worldwide than the Madrid derby. Ponder that,

EPL is an economic juggernaut

The EPL TV deal was massive. SkySports + NBC was massive. None of the other major European leagues have a deal of this size. The TV deal last season was the closest thing that European Football WILL have to profit sharing. Literally Wolves is now RICHER than many of the "better" teams in other parts of Europe. OL, Marseilles, Sevilla, Milan, Inter, Napoli, Dortmund...none of these teams can compete financially. Literally the only teams that CAN are Barca, Bayern and Madrid in Europe...even Athleti will fall behind.

Breh, Fulham spent $100 Milly this season. FULHAM.:hhh:

If I'm La Liga I'm getting ready to spread them legs for ESPN. They got Disney money...If not the league is KAPUT post-Messi....it will be like HBO post-game of thrones.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I want Liverpool and Arsenal to win.

sorry :manny:

I want Aubamayeng and Lacazette playing champions league. Chelsea already have top 4 in their hand. I also want Chelsea to be the only London club with a champions league title so I'm cheering for Liverpool. Can you imagine how anti climatic and meh it would be if Spurs won? :scusthov: Club is severely swagless.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I just skipped the back and forth and went ahead of time

I bring up English football has a whole has made major developments over the past 5-10 years in all sectors, Men's, Women's and Youth, when they were a decade behind. And major development always comes from outside sources/independent of that country. How are you suppose to get better if you aren't going up against better people.

You bring up, but the foreigners.

I come back with that the PL doesn't really sign top notch prime foreigner players, they generally sign players who are 22-25 range who are about to kick on another level. So you get to see the development more than the ready-made players, who get sold one for big fees to Real, Barca etc.

You come back with that's because elite world class players don't want to play in England, something something about the women, food and weather. Throw in smileys.

I come back with, well if you look at Real , Barca history most of their trophies are because of foreigners and in Barca's case, they have a Dutch influence that has a English connection to it. (Vic Buckingham, some Johann breh talks highly about him). Throw in a few smileys

You would come back with this is 2019 not the 20th century, we talking about England. Throw in smileys.

I comeback with, but best foreign coaches all want to work in England, who is the best that hasnt been in England, throw in Zidane and Allegri. The first thing the coaches took about after the first few months coaching in England that it is different and what you can get away with in their home leagues and others you cannot in England. They talk about all the teams fighting and the intensity of the games.

You comeback with, why would Zidane want to work in England. Throw in a Drake smiley somewhere.

I comeback with Zidane wife runs the show she ain't letting him leave Spain. That's why moved to Real in the first place back in 01.

You comeback with mj smiley what does that have to do with anything.

Then somewhere along the timeline, pissing contest about foreigner owners, Spain, France, Italy being in financial difficulty as a society, brexit. Throw in more smileys. Then if PL isn't spending money then no one is spending money, because the rip off fees the PL pays helps 3-4 other teams from across Europe. Then you go, nobody likes the English that's why they make them pay over inflated fees.

And then somewhere along the line, I realise youre subtle trolling, but don't want to lose the argument, so I continue on for a few more posts, throwing in a smileys here and there and then I think I've just wasted x amount of time when your answer and opinion is still going to be the same as it was before we started down this path. So I just save you and I alot of time.

:skip:

As for Milan, they've had the same problems since 2006, no point banging on about it. That what happens when your not forward thinking and spending money wisely and hence why Milan's plight is also a reflection on Italian football from top to bottom and on a larger scale, Italy as a country. If Italy was a company Mike Ashley would buy it, that's how run down it is.
:gucci:
damn, breh....just came from work and I'm too high to read all this and give a proper rebuttal, so I'll give you this work in the afternoon, Pacific time when I'm more function
:hhh:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

I don't buy the blame the Glazers narrative personally unless there's some stuff I'm unaware of. Yes they take money out of the club but under they're ownership they've also allowed to club to spend a ridiculous amount on players transfers and wages so I don't see what they're to blame for. They've left Ed in charge of running the club and that's where everyone's beef should be directed in my opinion. :yeshrug:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_pr9a4qHJEF1rjev45o1_1280.jpg