Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Definitely agree. Some brehs may hate on their analysts, but they do an AMAZING job on the production side of things. Really captures the atmosphere of football, which differentiates it from American sports. I hated having to watch CL or even the WC on Fox or TNT(even tho I prefer Fox over TNT). I'm damn sure up and ready at 7 a.m. on this side of the pond. Speaking of, where can a breh catch the Africa Cup on US TV?
It's true. EPL over here actually has a deal with NBC Sports. They hired analysts at a desk for pre- and post-match. Live games each weekend and on the weekdays for EPL are easy to see. The late game on Saturday is on NBC proper, which means they get penetration on free TV in the U.S. once a week. They'll get a million viewers at 7:30 AM ET/4:30 AM PT for major derbies.

If you want to watch La Liga, on the other hand, you have to have beIN on the super-expensive cable package (if it's even available) or have PSTV's/Sling's biggest package. Bundesliga is on Fox Sports, but it's not always live and doesn't get much in the way of presentation. Serie A is at least on ESPN+, so maybe it can do something in the future. I legit don't know where Ligue One is available...let me Google...oh, beIN.

I also work with a lot of people from across the globe, and if we talk football, we pretty much talk EPL, to be honest. I talk to South Korean kids who know everything about Tottenham because they watch Son, I've met Arsenal supporters from literally every continent outside of North America except for Antarctica, basically whenever I meet people who were born here or who were born elsewhere and have immigrated here, when we talk football, it's 1) EPL, 2) international football, 3) Champions League.

La Liga should definitely be doing better than making deals with beIN sports, but as you say, it goes back to the product. EPL is just more exciting as far as I'm concerned. People in America seem to agree.
It's true. EPL over here actually has a deal with NBC Sports. They hired analysts at a desk for pre- and post-match. Live games each weekend and on the weekdays for EPL are easy to see. The late game on Saturday is on NBC proper, which means they get penetration on free TV in the U.S. once a week. They'll get a million viewers at 7:30 AM ET/4:30 AM PT for major derbies.

If you want to watch La Liga, on the other hand, you have to have beIN on the super-expensive cable package (if it's even available) or have PSTV's/Sling's biggest package. Bundesliga is on Fox Sports, but it's not always live and doesn't get much in the way of presentation. Serie A is at least on ESPN+, so maybe it can do something in the future. I legit don't know where Ligue One is available...let me Google...oh, beIN.

I also work with a lot of people from across the globe, and if we talk football, we pretty much talk EPL, to be honest. I talk to South Korean kids who know everything about Tottenham because they watch Son, I've met Arsenal supporters from literally every continent outside of North America except for Antarctica, basically whenever I meet people who were born here or who were born elsewhere and have immigrated here, when we talk football, it's 1) EPL, 2) international football, 3) Champions League.

La Liga should definitely be doing better than making deals with beIN sports, but as you say, it goes back to the product. EPL is just more exciting as far as I'm concerned. People in America seem to agree.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

La liga coverage in america has been terrible going back to the goltv days.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
H1Vnoam.png
3Pz9dDQ.png
yjx5uPN.png
QPWDxjw.png
iMEqBOC.png
qPtS6hq.png
g5bT8oy.png
gAxiU2a.png

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
lol. how can you even come to that conclusion based of what I've been saying? Everything I'm saying is logical. It's not like I've denied the PL have killed it this year. I'm just saying, foreign players and coaches are the reason and has nothing to do with English tactics.
And what's with the low blow? :dwillhuh::francis: I mean we can always have a chat about Milan, but I'm a classy guy

I just skipped the back and forth and went ahead of time

I bring up English football has a whole has made major developments over the past 5-10 years in all sectors, Men's, Women's and Youth, when they were a decade behind. And major development always comes from outside sources/independent of that country. How are you suppose to get better if you aren't going up against better people.

You bring up, but the foreigners.

I come back with that the PL doesn't really sign top notch prime foreigner players, they generally sign players who are 22-25 range who are about to kick on another level. So you get to see the development more than the ready-made players, who get sold one for big fees to Real, Barca etc.

You come back with that's because elite world class players don't want to play in England, something something about the women, food and weather. Throw in smileys.

I come back with, well if you look at Real , Barca history most of their trophies are because of foreigners and in Barca's case, they have a Dutch influence that has a English connection to it. (Vic Buckingham, some Johann breh talks highly about him). Throw in a few smileys

You would come back with this is 2019 not the 20th century, we talking about England. Throw in smileys.

I comeback with, but best foreign coaches all want to work in England, who is the best that hasnt been in England, throw in Zidane and Allegri. The first thing the coaches took about after the first few months coaching in England that it is different and what you can get away with in their home leagues and others you cannot in England. They talk about all the teams fighting and the intensity of the games.

You comeback with, why would Zidane want to work in England. Throw in a Drake smiley somewhere.

I comeback with Zidane wife runs the show she ain't letting him leave Spain. That's why moved to Real in the first place back in 01.

You comeback with mj smiley what does that have to do with anything.

Then somewhere along the timeline, pissing contest about foreigner owners, Spain, France, Italy being in financial difficulty as a society, brexit. Throw in more smileys. Then if PL isn't spending money then no one is spending money, because the rip off fees the PL pays helps 3-4 other teams from across Europe. Then you go, nobody likes the English that's why they make them pay over inflated fees.

And then somewhere along the line, I realise youre subtle trolling, but don't want to lose the argument, so I continue on for a few more posts, throwing in a smileys here and there and then I think I've just wasted x amount of time when your answer and opinion is still going to be the same as it was before we started down this path. So I just save you and I alot of time.

:skip:

As for Milan, they've had the same problems since 2006, no point banging on about it. That what happens when your not forward thinking and spending money wisely and hence why Milan's plight is also a reflection on Italian football from top to bottom and on a larger scale, Italy as a country. If Italy was a company Mike Ashley would buy it, that's how run down it is.

concise

Veteran
Daps
One good year featuring the weakest Real and the most uneven Barca in years and hell breaks loose from England haters and supporters. :skip:

Hate them or love them, England gets computers 'putin. :heh: There was nowhere near this level of rage, juelzing, and chit chat when Spanish teams were regularly sending multiple teams deep into European competitions and winning them for a decade. English teams do this once with all their foreigners and tv money (things they've already had for a long time) and all hell breaks loose. :deadmanny: