Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish’s summer sacking will be revealed in the opening episode of a controversial fly-on the-wall documentary about the club to be screened later this month, Inside Sport can reveal.

The American TV network FOX promised ‘the good, the bad and the ugly’ when announcing a ground-breaking documentary about the club earlier this year. And while some Liverpool fans and insiders are likely to be uncomfortable that the inner workings of Anfield will be laid bare, the show will deliver on its no-holds-barred promise.

A spokesman for Fox tells Inside Sport: ‘The first episode of the series covers LFC’s quest for the FA Cup final through to the hiring of new manager Brendan Rodgers. Coverage of former manager Kenny Dalglish’s dismissal is included in the first episode and the subject is addressed directly.’

Top clubs tend to do their business in secret, with controversies hushed up, dissent kept in-house and the washing of dirty laundry done strictly in private.

But as FOX Soccer’s executive vice-president David Nathanson told me in April, its account of Liverpool’s ups and downs between early May and now ‘is not a soft promotional piece. This is the inner workings revealed for the first time’.

Hence the six-part series, which is called 'Being: Liverpool’, will be a ‘warts and all’ behind-the-scenes story of events, including the FA Cup final defeat by Chelsea in May (when some Liverpool fans booed the National Anthem), the sacking of much-loved Dalglish, the pursuit and hiring of a new manager and Liverpool’s summer tour to North America, when Rodgers first laid out his philosophy to his new charges, not without hiccups.
Fox :bow: dont know why they have such a bad rep, great network

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got some white repair man at my house right now and we're talking about racism. He's dropping mad comments to prove he isn't racist. :heh:

"My best friend at school was a black guy"

"My sister is racist though. Dunno where she got that from, we weren't raised like that."

:dead:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got some white repair man at my house right now and we're talking about racism. He's dropping mad comments to prove he isn't racist. :heh:

"My best friend at school was a black guy"

"My sister is racist though. Dunno where she got that from, we weren't raised like that."

:dead:

Hit him with the :stopitslime:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's funny because one of my best friends in school genuinely was a black lad.(the odds of this, considering where i live, were ridiculously high) He was whiter than me on the inside though.

I was like, say breh, you ever listened to NOZ? And breh was like naaaah :huhldup:

I tried to get him to listen to hip hop, embrace his skin, but the furthest he ever got was 2pac, which was kind of ok for white people anyway so it didn't count.

He used to stick pencils through his hair for the lols because obviously it would stay there.

Brehs if only i knew back then, i would have called him out on such c00nery and hit him with the white teenage version of the :childplease:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You wouldn't believe how common the "i'm not racist, i like black people...fukk indians/pakistani's though :pacspit:" attitude is.

Though there is a morsel of truth to what this repair man says. It's a shame he won't be able to articulate his thoughts well enough for it not to sound like mongery though.

I mean, i'll just say it, the far right parties here have valid points, but it's drowned out by the mass of mongs who choose to follow these parties out of lazy racism :manny:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's funny because one of my best friends in school genuinely was a black lad.(the odds of this, considering where i live, were ridiculously high) He was whiter than me on the inside though.

I was like, say breh, you ever listened to NOZ? And breh was like naaaah :huhldup:

I tried to get him to listen to hip hop, embrace his skin, but the furthest he ever got was 2pac, which was kind of ok for white people anyway so it didn't count.

He used to stick pencils through his hair for the lols because obviously it would stay there.

Brehs if only i knew back then, i would have called him out on such c00nery and hit him with the white teenage version of the :childplease:
:laugh:

Genuinely feel sorry for those that end up in the middle of nowhere.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You wouldn't believe how common the "i'm not racist, i like black people...fukk indians/pakistani's though :pacspit:" attitude is.

Though there is a morsel of truth to what this repair man says. It's a shame he won't be able to articulate his thoughts well enough for it not to sound like mongery though.

I mean, i'll just say it, the far right parties here have valid points, but it's drowned out by the mass of mongs who choose to follow these parties out of lazy racism :manny:
That's more to do with culture/religion. Some black fella named Leroy oop north is a bit different to your average Mohamed init.

Ethnic and muslim? They're not facking with you at all.

What valid points do the far right have though?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That's more to do with culture/religion. Some black fella named Leroy oop north is a bit different to your average Mohamed init.

Ethnic and muslim? They're not facking with you at all.

What valid points do the far right have though?

They have a point in that we're an absolutely p*ssyfied country and need to man the fukk up. We're utterly terrified of offending muslims in case we're accused of being racist. Muslims know this, and will play the card as soon as they have to answer any difficult question.

You can quote a apart of the quran which condones hate and they'll write it off as ignorance and prejudice(which is a polite way of saying racism).

Not just muslims though, any sort of questioning of any sort of ethnic minority has become massively taboo. You are accused of racism as soon as you do it. Open debate and discussion of issues like immigration is suppressed because no one needs the hassle. These far right parties are willing to raise these issues, it's a damn shame they constantly wheel out morons who only go to embarrass their parties and make a mockery of any sort of point they might have been able to make.

I remember after the riots David Starkey on question time questioning black youth culture and it's glorifying of being 'gangster', he was making perfectly valid points but was ridiculed and more or less called racist by some student protester bum type and some 'black community leader'.

I'm under no illusions of the real situation, no i don't think, for example that we're about to as a country come under the rule of sharia law:comeon: but questions should be allowed to be asked about this sort of stuff, that's what a democracy is ffs.

Of course the real sad thing is how white english people have been lead a merry dance toward these opinions by certain sections of the media, to the point where they're genuinely scared and angry about these things. It's sickening really.

Suppose what i'm really saying is, i'm well centrist :troll:

(Anyway this is simply a rant, you need not reply)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I had never seen black people like this before until I got to college.

That shyt was a real eye opener.

A black person growing up in Northern New Jersey and is out acting like a c00n (used correctly here) in front of their white friends and think its all fine. I approached one dude one time about it :stopitslime: and he was like, "C'mon brah, im just having some fun. Lighten up. :heh: (that face but darker skin)" I had no reaction, was just stunned. I dropped that :childplease: and kept it moving.

Black people like that are lost until they experience some super real racism or injustice. I blame their parents.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You have a point.

Make every black person live in the hood, fukk all that aspiring to be better stuff. Make them know who and what they are.

This mastermind breh is on some real unintended 'keeping the black man down' stuff right now :leon:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
If you had a chance to wipe all people's brains of the knowledge of slavery etc, but you would still know. Would you?

You would see white and black living in relative harmony, with no race issues whatsoever. But black people wouldn't know of their history and would hold none of that 'we done been opressed in da past!' stuff in their hearts.

Would you do it?