Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Brehs, y'all agree with the EPL team of the year?

Ederson
Trent. Van Dijk Laporte. Robertson
Fernandinho
Pogba. Bernardo
Sterling Aguero. Mane

Personally Hazard > Mane
Any other midfielder > Pogba

Lots of cacs complaining about lack of English players. I don't get that.. they want a quota for English players? Because they can't seriously be saying players like Trippier, Young and Kane need to replace ppl on the list.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Brehs, y'all agree with the EPL team of the year?

Ederson
Trent. Van Dijk Laporte. Robertson
Fernandinho
Pogba. Bernardo
Sterling Aguero. Mane

Personally Hazard > Mane
Any other midfielder > Pogba

Yea Hazard definitely has to come in. I’d say drop Aguero and have Hazard as a false 9 instead.

Pogba’s season has been inconsistent. However, the numbers are there in terms of goals and assits (lot of PKs though) but I feel we still haven’t seen his peak form for an extended period of time.

I’m not really sure who you could place above him though :patrice:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Lots of cacs complaining about lack of English players. I don't get that.. they want a quota for English players? Because they can't seriously be saying players like Trippier, Young and Kane need to replace ppl on the list.

Because the NT team is on a high, they think there should be more players in there. But the reality is out of those 23 that went to Russia, only RS7 and Trent have played at a high level, everyone else either been injury hit or performances have been inconsistent. Stones played well in the first half of the season tho.

Even if you want to go out of the that squad, you could makes cases for Maddison, Chilwell, AWB, Rice and Coady. But then you realize they're going up against players challenging for the title and not ones playing mid table hot potato.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

15560916636753.jpg

giphy.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yea Hazard definitely has to come in. I’d say drop Aguero and have Hazard as a false 9 instead.

Pogba’s season has been inconsistent. However, the numbers are there in terms of goals and assits (lot of PKs though) but I feel we still haven’t seen his peak form for an extended period of time.

I’m not really sure who you could place above him though :patrice:

Putting Hazard as a false 9 to shoe him in, when he doesn't really play that role well in reality is :beli:, get that foreign nonsense out of here. This is Number 9 country :birdman:.

Aguero scored 2, TWO hattrick vs 2 teams in the top 6. Who is phucking with that

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Putting Hazard as a false 9 to shoe him in, when he doesn't really play that role well in reality is :beli:, get that foreign nonsense out of here. This is Number 9 country :birdman:.

Aguero scored 2, TWO hattrick vs 2 teams in the top 6. Who is phucking with that

I get all that but Hazard needs to be in TOTY. 16 goals and 13 assists. Dude has carried Chelsea this season. Even without Aguero you still G. Jesus being fed by on of Silva, Bernardo, Sterling, KDB and Gundogan.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I get all that but Hazard needs to be in TOTY. 16 goals and 13 assists. Dude has carried Chelsea this season. Even without Aguero you still G. Jesus being fed by on of Silva, Bernardo, Sterling, KDB and Gundogan.

Hazard had an excellent first 19 games of the season 10 goals, 9 assists.

Since Boxing Day, only scored vs Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham and Wolves and assists vs Newcastle, Fulham, Brighton and Burnley.

Has only scored vs Liverpool out of the top 6 and has assists vs City and Arsenal.

Aguero has goals vs Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Arsenal and an assist vs Spurs. Doing what a number 9 suppose to do.