Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
That wasn't Emery's fault. The 2nd half Arsenal were the better side. His management brought them back into the game. Mustafi literally GIFTED 3 goals to Palace.

LITERALLY.

Who picked Jenkinson?

Who picked that midfield?

You been letting Emery slide when he has cost us at least 10 points.

His team selections have been poor for about a third of the season.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Serious question: How was that Salah penalty a dive? Defender had his arms around him for a long time and impeded progress with an arm around the chest. I see contact allowed all the time in the box, but not that type of excessive contact.

It was a legit pen, Morrison made sure of it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Who picked Jenkinson?

Who picked that midfield?

You been letting Emery slide when he has cost us at least 10 points.

His team selections have been poor for about a third of the season.

Jenkenson was poor but didn't give away any goals Breh. Elneny was poor and didn't give away any goals, Breh. Y'all fronting like Arsenal don't have Valencia to worry about. There HAVE been issues that I've blamed Emery for...today is not one of them when one player was so poor.

Also, there were two non called penalties. :manny: This was the day to make a move on Spurs and they didn't deliver, plain and simple.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Z47fBJV.png
Rr5Dili.png

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
With all this being said, the right squad investments must be made to replace all these players. I'm not too confident in this, sadly.

I agree with Smalling, Jones, Young, Lukaku, Herrera, Mata, Darmain, Matic.

Pogba, DDG, Martial I’m on the fence about.

I think Martial should get 1 more year before the jury is fully out.

Pogba I still think is a solid player that with a solid midfield could really be pivotal for us. However, 1 Pogba can get you 2 Ndombeles.

DDG might actually be a good sell. Romero is a solid keeper and a good defense absolves you from having the best of best keepers.

Lot of investments to be made this summer.