Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
e1d0d83d0299461d5f7c775f7830eae7.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Mustafi is the worst signing in the last 25 years of Arsenal, pound for pound. I usually am chill with players but this guy is disaster class.

Easily. Never before have I seen ONE defender contribute to literally THREE GOALS in one match. Two failed markings and one just capitulation. Arsenal are gonna miss UCL and we are gonna point to THIS GAME and one man. Spurs GAVE it to us and we didn't do shyt....Never have I see one man encapsulate failure.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Martial is injured, getting surgery in the summer, I think.
Na fam. Martial needs to be sold as soon as possible. This dude has zero footballing brain (as evidenced by the dozens of times he's unable to read a cutting players' run and consistently passes the ball behind them), inconsistent attacking prowess, and absolute zero care and "dog” in him. Dude doesn't give a single fukk. Also misses games at a time for paper cut injuries. Get. Rid.

Rashford has been playing injured since Liverpool, so I'll give him a bligh. He's also, by far, our best attacking player when given the chances and opportunities. Rashford with City who creates 5-8 chances a game for Sterling would produce at or near Sterling's level.

Lukaku...not much to comment. Simply not good enough and needs to be sold as soon as possible. I've never seen a player of his build lose as many 50/50s, jump balls, headers, and 1v1 jockeying as him. He's garbage

I'd comfortably bin these players THIS summer (not including players that will leave due to expiring contracts ie Mata, Herrera, Darmian, etc.) No more waiting:

De Gea: cash in. He's not going to spend his last year on contract in the Europa League. Performances lately have been worrying as well

Ashley Young: no explanation needed

Chris Smalling: I don't even want him as a backup option anymore. Simply not good enough, and is partly to blame why our ball retention and build-up is so piss poor. Smalling's distribution is Sunday league level

Phil Jones: my level of hate for Jones has eclipsed what my level of hate for Fellaini was. Jones went off injured again today after another shocking defensive performance. Rinse and repeat. Pretty sure he plans this shyt because he always gets himself injured near transfer windows. How has the club repaid him over the years? New contract given. The old boys club amongst the English players is fukking sickening

Matic: Shaun Derry at QPR a few seasons ago was quicker and had more guile to him. Matic at this point has no use in the EPL; likely better suited for Serie A

Pogba: cash in. Rightly or wrongly, he'll never be fully accepted by the fanbase and the media won't ever get off his back. Entering prime years and I doubt he'll want to spend those years during a club's rebuild. Cash in this summer so we can demand top dollar

Martial: already commented

Lukaku: already commented

Lingard (borderline): I'd only keep him in the squad for rotational purposes but should be supplanted on the bench as a squad player. Also would stop trying him at RW because that he is not

With all this being said, the right squad investments must be made to replace all these players. I'm not too confident in this, sadly.

Last edited: