Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IR3qEN7.png
R5SUHZ5.png
A0iqrwM.png
efo2IfU.png
x4D8A9o.png
qau4Sde.png
yuStL4d.png
0sS0fKq.png
GCd0liY.png
e6um6Jq.png
UqVDJlQ.png
q3ccHsc.png
J0QVOEA.png
lielZfJ.png
hFqj1dp.png
xrqiX3K.png
xDO5dS8.png
9MXJlMr.png
Hwfa34k.png

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Mourinho's take on the Man U-Barca game

“In the first leg they tried to occupy that central zone. Messi’s position is easy to understand but it is not easy to create a cage to control him.

He comes from the right, then stays in the middle, then [Ivan] Rakitic goes right and allows him to stay in the middle. It’s very difficult.

Manchester United in the first match, zonally they occupied that area very well. When he came into the inside he was finding Fred, he was finding [Scott] McTominay coming to the inside all the time.

But I think in [the second leg] because United were losing 1-0, they tried to start with a different perspective.

Now it was [Paul] Pogba wide left, McTominay much more on the right and Jesse Lingard starting as a 10 behind the strikers.

In front of the defensive line was only Fred. That’s the area that Messi comes to get the ball and when Messi has the ball one, one, one…you are dead.

That’s why I never liked individual man-on-man against Messi.

Messi’s a cage, you have to create a cage. Barcelona is Barcelona, they have better players than Manchester United. I think it’s normal they won"

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Mourinho's take on the Man U-Barca game

“In the first leg they tried to occupy that central zone. Messi’s position is easy to understand but it is not easy to create a cage to control him.

He comes from the right, then stays in the middle, then [Ivan] Rakitic goes right and allows him to stay in the middle. It’s very difficult.

Manchester United in the first match, zonally they occupied that area very well. When he came into the inside he was finding Fred, he was finding [Scott] McTominay coming to the inside all the time.

But I think in [the second leg] because United were losing 1-0, they tried to start with a different perspective.

Now it was [Paul] Pogba wide left, McTominay much more on the right and Jesse Lingard starting as a 10 behind the strikers.

In front of the defensive line was only Fred. That’s the area that Messi comes to get the ball and when Messi has the ball one, one, one…you are dead.

That’s why I never liked individual man-on-man against Messi.

Messi’s a cage, you have to create a cage. Barcelona is Barcelona, they have better players than Manchester United. I think it’s normal they won"

Sounds like he wants to keep messi in a cage :heh:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Defenders HISTORICALLY don't win Balon d'Or. :manny:

Cannavaro was an anomaly because I really think they wanted to shaft Henry out of it. I'd have Messi, Sterling, Van Dijk on my ballot. Raheem's game against TOT was nuts. Mark my words though, the next Balon d'Or winner in the post Messi/CR7 era will be black.
why?