Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
If you are going to gauge Pogba's value based on a game vs Denmark, where all France had to do was park the bus to win first place in the group(which Deschamps did by playing NZonzi over Pogba) then your reasoning is flawed. If he started Fekir and Mbappe instead and the team performed like it did, then maybe you'd have a point.

Fact is, you say Pogba is a superior playmaker than DeBruyne, and this France team for all it's talent only beat opponents by multiple goals twice the entire world cup, speaks to how shytty Pogba is as a playmaker. As great as France were, they played very safe - which isn't all Pogba's fault, but I'm sure Deschamps set his teams up so pragmatically because he knows how shytty Pogba is at tracking back.

I could go on with you, and Pogba is in a good moment right now, but these guys aren't comparable. Just look at this

Pogba-vs-De-Bruyne.jpg

and you will say "Oh his manager is Pep" blah blah blah... but those same world cup stats you posted are with De Bruyne playing under Roberto Martinez, and playing as an anchor man in 4 of the 6 games they played. And he still assisted more goals than Pogba.

and Bernardo is class, but doesn't have the vision or passing range of KDB.
I already told you, it's not that one game. Every game Pogba doesn't play, the midfield looks lost, no matter who Deschamps puts in. The same for Man United
I don't remember saying pogba is a better playmaker. I even said DeGhost is a natural 10, so as a result, he should be a better playmaker. doesn't change the fact that most of his assists came from counters. He's not a better cm than Pogba, especially not on the big stage.
And how you gonna post up stats from last season when Pogba was out for 3 months? when I can do the same thing to fill my argument this season?
Roberto Martinez is a much more offensive coach than Deschamp and DeGhost did not play as an anchor most of the tournament, he played in a much more advance position than Pogba.
Pogba could have went to Madrid if he wanted to, but chose money and home, that's how talented he is. The best offer De Bruyne could do get is City.
different levels, De Bruyne hasn't even tasted a fifa world xl and he's 2 years older than Pogba. don't talk to me. :hhh:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I already told you, it's not that one game. Every game Pogba doesn't play, the midfield looks lost, no matter who Deschamps puts in. The same for Man United
I don't remember saying pogba is a better playmaker. I even said DeGhost is a natural 10, so as a result, he should be a better playmaker. doesn't change the fact that most of his assists came from counters. He's not a better cm than Pogba, especially not on the big stage.
And how you gonna post up stats from last season when Pogba was out for 3 months? when I can do the same thing to fill my argument this season?
Roberto Martinez is a much more offensive coach than Deschamp and DeGhost did not play as an anchor most of the tournament, he played in a much more advance position than Pogba.
Pogba could have went to Madrid if he wanted to, but chose money and home, that's how talented he is. The best offer De Bruyne could do get is City.
different levels, De Bruyne hasn't even tasted a fifa world xl and he's 2 years older than Pogba. don't talk to me. :hhh:

You could break those stats down to a per game basis, De Bruyne is still CLEARLY better.

Check the heat maps from each game, outside of the game vs. Brazil and England, Pogba played in more advanced positions on average than De Bruyne.

Kevin De Bruyne snubbed Bayern to go to City(well for more money). Nobody wants Pogba right now, KDB was linked to Real Madrid last year before he signed a new contract.

How many Manchester City players have ever been in a FIFA best XI? A PFA team of the year? These awards get passed around to the same players and clubs every year, they mean nothing.

What's hilarious is you keep talking about Pogba on the big stage, but can only reference the world cup when he played on what was by far the most talented team. Why you not talking about the stinker he dropped in the FA cup final last season? 2015 CL Final? Oh he's a big game player because he scored the third goal against a tired Croatia squad. LOL stop being dishonest with yourself.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
You could break those stats down to a per game basis, De Bruyne is still CLEARLY better.

Check the heat maps from each game, outside of the game vs. Brazil and England, Pogba played in more advanced positions on average than De Bruyne.

Kevin De Bruyne snubbed Bayern to go to City(well for more money). Nobody wants Pogba right now, KDB was linked to Real Madrid last year before he signed a new contract.

How many Manchester City players have ever been in a FIFA best XI? A PFA team of the year? These awards get passed around to the same players and clubs every year, they mean nothing.

What's hilarious is you keep talking about Pogba on the big stage, but can only reference the world cup when he played on what was by far the most talented team. Why you not talking about the stinker he dropped in the FA cup final last season? 2015 CL Final? Oh he's a big game player because he scored the third goal against a tired Croatia squad. LOL stop being dishonest with yourself.
France starting xl wasn't more talented than Belgium or Brazil and yet DeGhost failed, so you stop being dishonest with yourself.
Being linked in second rate newpaper doesn't count as a team wanting them. Zidane actually wanted Pogba, Barca's director act the time even said he would try to sign Pogba
Man City players don't get selected in the fifa xl because they are not that elite, compared to Bayern and the two spanish giant players. And yet Pogba made it playing for Juve.
almost 28 years old and have nothing to show for. How is he suppose to be on Pogba's talent level when he's not even on Pogba's level this season while playing for the most stacked team in England :hhh:

What is DeGhost defining moment btw?:jbhmm:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA

Marcelo did an depth interview with Esporte Interativo. But the one thing I took from it is Bale still can’t speak Spanish. Low key that’s mad disrespectful, and it makes sense why he’s ostracized.

He must be taking Spanish classes with Señor Chang

source.gif

Antonio Valencia been at our club since 2009 and I'm pretty sure he still can't speak English. He's also our captain at times.

:snoop:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Marcelo did an depth interview with Esporte Interativo. But the one thing I took from it is Bale still can’t speak Spanish. Low key that’s mad disrespectful, and it makes sense why he’s ostracized.

I've always wondered if this is one of the reasons British players remain in Britain rather than go to a Spain, Italy or France to play ball.

I was reading an article that said coaching instructions at Barca are conducted in Spanish and Catalan. For players like Messi, Suarez et al, that's an easy transition, only difference might be some localized dialects. Even for Coutinho, Malcolm and Semedo, the jump from Portuguese to Spanish is almost negligible as both languages are very similar.

I wonder how TSG has coped. I do know the club provide access to language tutors and such.

Germany might be a better landing spot. The Germans are far much better with English than say the Spanish or Italians.

I'd love to play for a club like Lyon. Play for like 3 years and come back speaking fluent french

"Commet allez-vous mademoiselle" :mjgrin:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I've always wondered if this is one of the reasons British players remain in Britain rather than go to a Spain, Italy or France to play ball.

I was reading an article that said coaching instructions at Barca are conducted in Spanish and Catalan. For players like Messi, Suarez et al, that's an easy transition, only difference might be some localized dialects. Even for Coutinho, Malcolm and Semedo, the jump from Portuguese to Spanish is almost negligible as both languages are very similar.

I wonder how TSG has coped. I do know the club provide access to language tutors and such.

Germany might be a better landing spot. The Germans are far much better with English than say the Spanish or Italians.

I'd love to play for a club like Lyon. Play for like 3 years and come back speaking fluent french

Part of the reason for the struggle, because when they get home they're speaking English to their British partners. And basically only know passable tourist words to get by for day to day life.

Also the syntax is different in English to other languages. Like a foreign English speaker doesn't really speak with the small everyday words that a native English speaker does. Also sentence structure is different, if you read subtitles, the English translation doesn't read exactly to what is being said by the speaker. It just arranged different in its order.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I like Ramsey but his agent is the MVP.

No transfer fee. Otherwise what is Ramsey's value with the inflated prices, 60-70m? Maybe 80m? Even more ?

400k p/w is 20m a season. So it works out cheaper. Otherwise he would pro sly be on 200k p/w if there was a transfer fee.

What is lost in all this, is that the 400k is a dig at Ozil's 350k p/w. :skip:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

It's Spanish breh ... how hard do you think it is to learn Spanish? As a youth I would watch weather forecast on Univision and Telemundo on mute :shaq: and it would take me less than a month now to be fluent.

I guess when all you need to know is "pass the ball to Ronaldo" you lose motivation :troll:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Part of the reason for the struggle, because when they get home they're speaking English to their British partners. And basically only know passable tourist words to get by for day to day life.

Also the syntax is different in English to other languages. Like a foreign English speaker doesn't really speak with the small everyday words that a native English speaker does. Also sentence structure is different, if you read subtitles, the English translation doesn't read exactly to what is being said by the speaker. It just arranged different in its order.

But couldn't you also say the reverse about someone learning English but being a native French speaker?

To me, it's just that English is the lingua franca of the world. When two people that don't speak the same language want to converse, it'll often times be in English.

I got by in Cambodia for a 10 week internship without knowing a word of Khmer.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It's Spanish breh ... how hard do you think it is to learn Spanish? As a youth I would watch weather forecast on Univision and Telemundo on mute :shaq: and it would take me less than a month now to be fluent.

I guess when all you need to know is "pass the ball to Ronaldo" you lose motivation :troll:

You Ol Jamie Foxx in Booty Call ass fella

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Any language is hard to learn if you're not interested.

You got some people that totally learn (at least comprehend) a language simply by watching music videos, news broadcasts and personal study. If the motivation ain't there then nothing's gonna happen.