Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
But couldn't you also say the reverse about someone learning English but being a native French speaker?

To me, it's just that English is the lingua franca of the world. When two people that don't speak the same language want to converse, it'll often times be in English.

I got by in Cambodia for a 10 week internship without knowing a word of Khmer.

English is the international business language. Everyone knows a bit of English.

People watch English speaking films and listen to English speaking music, it is easier for them to get the gist. See Embiid on how he learnt English.

English/British people generally don't listen to music they don't understand. And many view reading foreign language films with English subtitles as a chore.

I don't think you know just how arrogant my country is.

Last edited:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
United have no excuse today, don't know why their fans are acting like they are still underdogs online.

Missing Cavani and Neymar and Meunier. Mbappe can't do it on his own as a 9. United probably win 2-0 or 3-1.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
UCL is back. It's under these lights that legends are created.

My body is read:wow:

@THEREALBRAND Bro, what's the deal with them $8 Fubo TV subscriptions you were talking about. How does that work? Do you get access to all major European Leagues and cup competitions or what?

Now that redditstreams has been taken down I may just have to pony up for the time being.

Obrigado!