Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
You take things too serious breh.

And if you're on social media trying to have these "logical discussions" with people you don't know then that L is on you.

Nah, it's not just here but in real life. I know fans of Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Newcastle, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and a few others. For the most part everyone is rational and realistic, but Liverpool fans are so bad. Man dem can't even admit it was a dive :russ:.

Only thing left for the defender to do is run away from Salah. Geez

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah, it's not just here but in real life. I know fans of Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Newcastle, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and a few others. For the most part everyone is rational and realistic, but Liverpool fans are so bad. Man dem can't even admit it was a dive :russ:.

Only thing left for the defender to do is run away from Salah. Geez

:comeon:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This Sunderland doc on Netflix >>>>>> both the Juve and Man City series

These fans really expected Sunderland to slingshot back to the Prem. Meanwhile they only won 1 of their first 10 matches. They were on their 3rd manager of the season before Christmas. :russ:

Only complaint is you don't really get a good feel of why the whole club is so shyt. Also not enough interviews with any of the black players. Oh, and the theme song is absolute dogshyt.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Man like @Yayo Toure really acting like the only reason we could splurge on VVD and Alisson ain’t because we sold Coutinho for a bag :heh:

Net spend tells the real story :mjpls:

It’s all good though cause Pep gonna spend 200m in Jan for some more help and still won’t win the league :mjgrin:

So Keita and Fabinho and Shaqiri came for free?

If the facts are even remotely of interest to you, you can check them here:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

165 mill spent. Twice as much as anybody else. Better win that league.

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
Seeing a lot of Arsenal fans after this result say the squad lacks depth, needs investment, and we weren't up to it. The lack of winners and bad defending isn't why dropped points.

That might be all true but how do you explain a midfield with 3 players who play the same way? How do you explain taking off Lacazette when Aubameyang has shown he is best with him and allows him freedom to roam? How do you explain not bringing on Ramsey for a midfield three when Torreira, Xhaka, and Guendozi did absolutely nothing to shore us up defensively and only crowded each other out? Spanish Sean Dyche can fukk off.

A lot of the Wenger out crowd got their ideal manager in Emery so they will die on this hill but he continues to show he was the wrong choice.

:russ: breh pressed to be proven right. Why are you acting like we have world class players all over the sqaud? Brehs actually want Ramsey on the pitch now :deadmanny: Told y'all last year Xhaka was trash. Don't care about his "assists".

I'm good with a top 6 finish based on the shytty squad we have.

How you sign a new manager and give him 50 mil to improve the sqaud ?

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
So Keita and Fabinho and Shaqiri came for free?

If the facts are even remotely of interest to you, you can check them here:

Premier League - Transfers 18/19

165 mill spent. Twice as much as anybody else. Better win that league.
Look at the net spend last 5 years :mjpls:

A Citeh fan really tryna take the moral high ground like the only reason your tinpot club ain’t somewhat relevant ain’t because you spent a billy like it’s nothing :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:russ: breh pressed to be proven right. Why are you acting like we have world class players all over the sqaud? Brehs actually want Ramsey on the pitch now :deadmanny: Told y'all last year Xhaka was trash. Don't care about his "assists".

:dahell:

Are you watching the matches or hitting fast forward? (Wouldn’t blame you, it was shyt)

What does Emery’s Arsenal do well?
epjUICj.jpg

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Are you watching the matches or hitting fast forward? (Wouldn’t blame you, it was shyt)

epjUICj.jpg

I see Arsenal's situation like Liverpool after they sold Suarez (and to a lesser extent, United now). It's going to take more than 1 summer period to fix a lot of the problems with the squad and restore the club to Champions League level. I don't think Emery is good enough to manage a title contender but I do think he has Arsenal on an upward trajectory.

Great goal by Pereyra.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I see Arsenal's situation like Liverpool after they sold Suarez (and to a lesser extent, United now). It's going to take more than 1 summer period to fix a lot of the problems with the squad and restore the club to Champions League level. I don't think Emery is good enough to manage a title contender but I do think he has Arsenal on an upward trajectory.

Great goal by Pereyra.
Here is the thing

I am not expecting Emery to lead us to a premier league title at any point. I am fine with him because he should establish the basis for a successful side going forward for our future manager.

Saying that, it’s December 26 and I have no idea what Emery is trying to do. I don’t know what his goal is for this side. I don’t know what his philosophy is. We all keep calling him Dyche/Allardyce/etc because that’s what his tactics appear to be. He came to Brighton starting three holding mids and then took off our creative attacking players. I know we have issues with defensive injuries but it’s Brighton. This is indefensible but people pretending it’s not a big deal.

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL

epjUICj.jpg

Game was thrash but we've been shyt for years breh. A new manager is not going to change that overnight. Need to lace him with talent before I can judge him as a manager.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
This Sunderland doc on Netflix >>>>>> both the Juve and Man City series

These fans really expected Sunderland to slingshot back to the Prem. Meanwhile they only won 1 of their first 10 matches. They were on their 3rd manager of the season before Christmas. :russ:

Only complaint is you don't really get a good feel of why the whole club is so shyt. Also not enough interviews with any of the black players. Oh, and the theme song is absolute dogshyt.

Great watch. Such a clusterfukk of a club that hasn't realized what they're. Stuck in the past.

Been a Ramsey stan for years. I've wanted the team built around Ozil and/or Ramsey, no surprise our best season was built on that and not around Sanchez or Wilshere.

I can live with Xhaka playing but Xhaka + Torreira + Guendozi is unnecessary.

Even if we all accept the players aren't good (we do!), we have enough to beat Wolves, Palace, Brighton, and Southampton. He's too cautious. He's way too cautious and misuses the parts we have now. I dread committing more to him.

Game was thrash but we've been shyt for years breh. A new manager is not going to change that overnight. Need to lace him with talent before I can judge him as a manager.

You really want to commit, 100M+ to Emery?

Team full of Banegas and Rabiots.