Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ian Wright made more of out his career than the Fowlers, Collymores of the world did. Considering that Wright didnt play for a top club till he was about to turn 28 them breh where already :flabbynsick: by that age. Wrights intenrational career was already over before it started just because of his age so I dont really hold that failure against him, he was always 3rd 4th choice.

After Lineker the only strikers who done it at international level was Shearer & Owen and thats it. Everyone else been :hamster:

Most of players who represented England havent do it international, they might of had a year or 2 but thats it. If i really think about the most consistent players for England since 00 have been defenders :manny: Rio, Terry, Sol & Ashley Cole and thats pretty fukkin shockin isnt it
To talk about 'top class players' and 'world class players' is admittedly slightly arbitrary....

And yeah, no one has done it for England, for whatever reason out of the creative players for the best part of a decade.

We get the chance to see Gerrard, Lampard, etc playing well in the big champions league games so we can see they're not as shyt as they make out in the international tournaments.... Cup Winners Cup was more prestigious than the secondary euro trophies are now, but I still don't think we've ever had a level that's fukking with the big champions league games now... that's the pinnacle and more competitive than a lot of international football tbh.

But Shearer, Rooney, Henry, Owen (before he fell off)... these guys would've walked into most sides around the world.

Wright made the most of his ability and absolutely carried the team for long periods... and I know it doesn't have to be adversarial, but he ain't on that level for me....

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @ thinking Defoe, Bent, and Dublin could some them goals that Ian did
By the same token, Wright couldn't score the goals that Henry did or Bergkamp or Cantona or Le Tissier even.

Wright is better than Defoe and Bent... but he's not fukking with the best was my original point, which isn't too much of a stretch.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
By the same token, Wright couldn't score the goals that Henry did or Bergkamp or Cantona or Le Tissier even.

Wright is better than Defoe and Bent... but he's not fukking with the best was my original point, which isn't too much of a stretch.

Wright scored at a higher rate than everyone you just listed except for Henry. :why:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Matt Fortune ‏@MFworldfootball

Spanish radio station COPE says Cristiano Ronaldo has met with Florentino Perez to tell him he isn't happy at Real Madrid (via @ecanalla)

RT @BeardEric Ronaldo: "I didn't celebrate my goals because I'm unhappy with some people. They're in the club & know who they are"

He's coming home lads :to:

Gill is in the dungeons of OT unlocking the warchest as we speak.:takedat:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watching motd now and I hope gibbs is fukking embarassed with himself for having such a go at giroud for that miss

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Only Henry & Shearer have more 20+ goal seasons than Wright and they the only 3 to have 5 consecutive seasons at that rate. Horseface would of had it if he wasnt injured for the start of one season and he finished with 16 from 27 games that year.

Shearer had 10 seasons of 20+ goals and a season of 19. Henry had 7 seasons on the trot and 5 seasons in a row of scorin 30+

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Unless Ronaldo flatout refuses to play he'll be at Real for 2 more seasons at least.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
If this Ronaldo shyt was true he would have made those statements before the transfer window closed.. Man some people really are stupid

:snoop: