Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Unless Ronaldo flatout refuses to play he'll be at Real for 2 more seasons at least.
youdontsay.png

If this Ronaldo shyt was true he would have made those statements before the transfer window closed.. Man some people really are stupid

:snoop:
It is true, he's after a new contract you clown :heh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Cronaldo will probably get €20 million+ a year with the new contract Madrid will give him.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Listening to Coexist right now.

Try :ohlawd:

As far as this debate goes, nothing disgusts me more than people who somehow find it fashionable to shrug away world class finishers as being anything less than world class. Great dribblers who do fukk all but dribble (Iniesta) get dikkrode, great passers who do fukk all but pass get dikkrode (Pirlo), but for some reason people are okay at drawing the line at someone who simply puts the ball into the net with alarming accuracy and at an unnerving rate at the highest level.

I think I posted a prolonged rant about this on hamster.

Long Live #9's. I want to see someone score every goal with one touch on some Hugo Sanchez shyt.

RVP keeping the spirit alive. :wow:
amazing post brah, its facking absurd. new school arsenal footballing snobbery strikes again. these people have been poisoned.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ultimately it comes down to personal preference.

and i don't think it's snobbery to prefer to watch someone who does (thing A) well over (thing B).

Nothing wrong with old school finishers. I know dudes who will swear up and down all day long that Inzaghi is the truth... they can do them. But my dikk do still be gettin hard (no homo) when I watch classic Le Tissier...

BOBN

Pro
Daps
bergkamp, cantona and le tissier are not out and out goalscorers.

they just all happen to be better players than Wright.
le tisser for me was a nothing player. hed be taarabt status today.

cantona -....

bergkamp - for me, he was outstanding/an unplayable match winner at arsenal for about 2 years (97-99). after that he had a pass and that was about it. his goalscoring record was unacceptable for a forward. wingers would be criticised for that goal record but he gets a pass for some reason. RVP passed him last year imo.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Rooney is better than all of the players mentioned at this point. :yeshrug:

Think about it.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
le tisser for me was a nothing player. hed be taarabt status today.

cantona -....

bergkamp - for me, he was outstanding/an unplayable match winner at arsenal for about 2 years (97-99). after that he had a pass and that was about it. his goalscoring record was unacceptable for a forward. wingers would be criticised for that goal record but he gets a pass for some reason. RVP passed him last year imo.
Re: Bergkamp, I understand where you're coming from but part of the problem is trying to compare individuals in what is a team game.

Take 01/02 where he probably got his standard 10 - 15 goals.... But he made so much happen with his vision, movement and passing... that even if he didn't get a goal or an assist, the team won the double and he played a huge role.

Some players are easy to measure with stats... others qualities are a little more intangible and I'd def say you're doing Bergkamp an injustice by trying to say he ain't all that based on his lack of goals.

(no heskey role)

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
He won't go anywhere but he wouldn't go to city anyway, he's too classy for that. :obama:

Cristiano Ronaldo revealed that he was disappointed to see former club Manchester United lose their Barclays Premier League crown to neighbours Manchester City - and not just because it cost him money.

"I saw a few days ago (City scored) two goals in the last minute, 91 and 93. I had a bet that Manchester United would win the league but I lost," he said.

"I feel very disappointed because United is still in my heart.

"City have a fantastic team now, but I think Manchester (United) will carry on being king of England in my opinion."

As we know, a footballer would never contradict something they say.