Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
DlSZV-4W0AAnOcU.jpg

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That’s a terrible policy to implement, there’s a lot of good talent playing in China. Dude just seems mad that some players have getting paid as their top priority.

Alex Witzel, Yannick Carrasco, and Renato Augusto were all playing in China before the last WC and played substantial minutes for their respective squads.
those three players aren't exactly the top players with top honors so not great examples.

the top players do not play in China. period.
you have to question the motivation of someone who chooses China over a top European league

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Holy shyt NYCFC are down to 9 men against NYRB.

Problem is, that pitch is so Goddamn small it hardly makes a difference. :russ:
I was there yesterday and was like :mindblown: shyt look like a soccer field at prospect park.

They need to get rid of the Yankees since they can’t even draw a crowd like NYCFC :mjpls: and give us the stadium. Two Red Bulls fans in front of me kept chanting “when you’re getting your stadium”

I’m definitely going again in two weeks and to see Rooney :salute:

We’re winning the mls cup or w/e that shyt is called this year. :blessed:

Can’t spell Atlanta without an L :manny:

Edit: and to the mother fukkers chanting “who the fukk is Man UTD” at me, :ufdup:

Last edited:
Daps
fukk them then :camby:

Boycott that shyt boring league

Bring the PL to Cacmerica :blessed:

Since 2008 there were talks of having an extra match day in the US for the PL but it never happened. They can add two. shyt will do wonders for the mid table teams like Arsenal and Chelski.

#bringthePLtotheStates

Nah.

It's never been cheaper to fly to Europe, and regarding the PL, Brexit is going to drive the pound way down. As an American, I'd rather fly over and see a game the way it was meant to be seen, in the midst of a crowd of natives and fans, rather than in a more sterile setting in the U.S. Even if it was a well-attended game, it would be missing that atmosphere.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
No, it is stupid. You pick your best players. Italy was dumb when they did that too. If your best players are benchwarmers in Europe, you pick them. If your best players are playing in China or Saudi Arabia, or USA, you pick them. Unless these guys are affecting team chemistry or something detrimental like that, there is no reason to not pick your best players.

The USMNT found out the hard way when your best players are plying their trade in inferior leagues like China and MLS, their play suffers.

concise

Veteran
Daps
The USMNT found out the hard way when your best players are plying their trade in inferior leagues like China and MLS, their play suffers.

They finished behind Costa Rica, Panama, and Honduras for the World Cup out of Concacaf. Those teams have their best players play in those leagues and worse, so I don't get your point.

Sounds like a bad coaching problem to me.
Sounds like Seedorf is already making excuses. :ohhh:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I was there yesterday and was like :mindblown: shyt look like a soccer field at prospect park.

They need to get rid of the Yankees since they can’t even draw a crowd like NYCFC :mjpls: and give us the stadium. Two Red Bulls fans in front of me kept chanting “when you’re getting your stadium”

I’m definitely going again in two weeks and to see Rooney :salute:

We’re winning the mls cup or w/e that shyt is called this year. :blessed:

Can’t spell Atlanta without an L :manny:

Edit: and to the mother fukkers chanting “who the fukk is Man UTD” at me, :ufdup:
:camby: