Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Damn...I feel for my man Payet. Worked so hard to get Marseille to the final and then he get injured. Not only is he out of the Europa League final but now his fitness will jeopardize his World Cup chances.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
He's been plagued with hamstring injuries all season. He missed like the first 4 months of the season, came back, struggled to find form, got injured again for pretty much the last 2 months of the season.

Creativity isn't going to be an issue from 2022 and beyond :jawalrus:

Sancho, Foden, Sessegnon look good right now but it's really early. Sancho and Sessegnon kind of occupy the same space and I'm not sure where Foden plays best. Foden played right side at the WC but for City plays in the center.

Hard to see any of them becoming a Eriksen level type playmaker.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Damn...I feel for my man Payet. Worked so hard to get Marseille to the final and then he get injured. Not only is he out of the Europa League final but now his fitness will jeopardize his World Cup chances.

:flabbynsick: will do that to you. Super skillful player but I wonder if he has a personal chef and nutritionist.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sancho, Foden, Sessegnon look good right now but it's really early. Sancho and Sessegnon kind of occupy the same space and I'm not sure where Foden plays best. Foden played right side at the WC but for City plays in the center.

Hard to see any of them becoming a Eriksen level type playmaker.

Mount and Gomes also coming thru.

Sessegnon is more of a goal scorer than creator.

You don't need to have someone on the level of a Eriksen, if all of your midfielders/wingers can pass and move and make quick decisions. If Sterling can play decent through balls, then the likes of Sancho, Foden, Gomes, Mount can too, who are all better technically than Sterling is, with the manipulation and passing of the ball. Also with the pace that Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Sessegnon have, they don't need the ball to be perfect.

Athleticism + Tekkers > Tekkers

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Mount and Gomes also coming thru.

Sessegnon is more of a goal scorer than creator.

You don't need to have someone on the level of a Eriksen, if all of your midfielders/wingers can pass and move and make quick decisions. If Sterling can play decent through balls, then the likes of Sancho, Foden, Gomes, Mount can too, who are all better technically than Sterling is, with the manipulation and passing of the ball. Also with the pace that Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Sessegnon have, they don't need the ball to be perfect.

Athleticism + Tekkers > Tekkers

man dem nuh rate Sterling... 23 goals and 17 assists... I've been watching Sancho alot lately and he probably completes take ons better than sterling when the defender is maybe a yard away, but if that defender gets close he doesn't have the strength that sterling does to complete the run past the defender. Sancho in time may gain that strength, but it's important to remember he's playing in the Bundesliga which isn't super competitive. It's still too early to tell Sancho's career could go anywhere.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I heard someone say not to expect surprises.

I'm low key waiting to see that Belgium squad. Naingollan deserves a call, players like him either excel in world cups or do some really violent shyt. Its worth the gamble.

I have no faith in the Belgian coach. fukk Belgium as a country, organization and squad (save my bro Batshauyi :mjcry:)

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It appears it hasn't. I wonder who's going to be left off, I have a feeling that either Martial or Lacazette will miss out.

As a Man U fan I definitely agree Marital should be left off. He hasn't played too regularly in the past couple months and he's facing some stiff competition in the likes of Mbappe, Dembele and Thauvin.

On the wings alone for France you got Mbappe, Dembele, Coman, Thauvin, Lemar and Martial. That's some tough competition for someone who has been playing second fiddle since Sanchez came.

With Laca, even though he bagged 14 goals in a season where he wasn't reguarly starting, it'll be tough to displace Griezmann and Giroud. That duo what like Ghostbusters last Euros