Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
United fans out here celebrating like they've won the title..

My how the mighty have fallen :mjlol:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
United fans out here celebrating like they've won the title..

My how the mighty have fallen :mjlol:

dikkhead post :childplease: whole narrative before the game was "City gonna win the title against United kekeke". now that City got tossed to the bushes you dikkriding fakkits switching up. Nevermind that its a comeback win from 2-0 to win 2-3 in a derby. at their home. anybody with a pulse on their wrist would be happy.

:pacspit:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
won against all the other top 6 sides.

Manchester City get gunned up and clapped quick, Liverpool FC get gunned up and clapped quick, all yall north london clubs get gunned up and clapped quick, Chelsea FC went from title holders to now sitting down in fifth, so little shorties get gunned up and clapped quick

:ahh:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
dikkhead post :childplease: whole narrative before the game was "City gonna win the title against United kekeke". now that City got tossed to the bushes you dikkriding fakkits switching up. Nevermind that its a comeback win from 2-0 to win 2-3 in a derby. at their home.

:pacspit:

You seem rather emotional :mjlol:

i guess United have resigned to being the noisy neighbours these days

#thoughts and prayers

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Utd fans we gotta discuss this team going forward.

I think it's evident that 4-3-3 gets the best out of our team and specifically the player we should be building around: Pogba.

The 3 midfielders can kinda rotate but Pogba needs to be the one with creative freedom, Matic the defensive anchor and Herrera the box to box but also man marker for specific games. It gives us a defensive shell that Mourinho cherishes while not sacrificing much offensively if Pogba can roam.

I think we gotta worry about how Martial and Rashford fit into this side. I really don't wanna lose either of them. Sanchez at his best is our best wing player, so he's got that role on the left. I think Rashford/Lingard/Martial rotation depends on who's in form (Lingard right now). Lukaku has to play up front because he holds the ball up so well and brings others into the game better than the other striking options we have, though it wouldn't hurt to experiment with Martial/Rashford playing up front once in a while.

If we looked at today's starting line-up and see what players are worth their spot in the team (bold means they should stay):

GK - De Gea
RB - Antonio Valencia
CB - Eric Bailly

CB - Chris Smalling
LB - Ashley Young
RCM - Ander Herrera
CDM - Nemanja Matic
LCM - Paul Pogba
RW - Jesse Lingard
LW - Alexis Sanchez
CF - Romelu Lukaku

Smalling has to go he ain't good enough. Jones, when healthy, has played well, but he is not viable either. Lindelof hasn't proven himself entirely but he's improving. Too early to say. I think we need a new CB as a priority signing.

Ashley Young has done exceptionally well in this role but I think we need to find a proper left back. Don't think the Shaw experiment is working but we need to find someone. What happened to Borthwick-Jackson? I'd give him a shot. Btw, don't wanna hear Valencia slander. He's turned into an excellent right back. He's sacrificed some offensive capabilities but he's one of the best RBs in the world. Age will catch up though so finding a replacement would be nice.

Herrera has been disappointing this year but also limited opportunities. He's been a top 3 player over last 3 seasons so he deserves a place. Matic is getting older and Carrick is a fossil so we need a more long term CDM but Matic has done OK this season. Pogba, if played in the correct way, is world class. Simple. Won't blame Jose entirely...Pogba needs to be better with the ball at times and not go for over complicated shyt. Sometimes effort comes into question. But he's an incredible talent, who needs to be given creative license.

Lingard has been a revelation this year. I like him playing on the right wing but also as a no. 10 when we employ a 4-2-3-1 or similar formation. Sanchez we obviously hope will be world class like he's shown he can be. Lukaku has had a very good first season, and unfairly blamed at time given lack of service. Good goal return. Selfless team player.

I think Mata (for now), Rashford, Martial should all remain. We have deadweight defenders like Rojo, Shaw, Darmian etc. who just don't have a place here. So we need at least two defenders and one or two midfielders. Strikers we have enough of.

What do you guys think? I'm most concerned about keeping all our attacking options satisfied. We still as of now have a great team. Don't think we're that far behind City as many might believe.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

Manchester City get gunned up and clapped quick, Liverpool FC get gunned up and clapped quick, all yall north london clubs get gunned up and clapped quick, Chelsea FC went from title holders to now sitting down in fifth, so little shorties get gunned up and clapped quick

Can't wait for the Man United Arsenal match later this month. fukkery incoming. :mjgrin:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Soccer bros help me out.

I’m still new to the sport, but I enjoy playing FIFA. I’m still on 17, haven’t gotten 18 yet.

I started following Chelsea because I like their uniforms and colors but when I play with them online I never win with them because it’s like they can’t finsih once I get the ball inside the square area where the goal is. Does anyone have that problem with them?

I used Man United one time and scored like 4 goals, and I picked a random Spanish team called Sevilla and put up 3 goals with them. I just need to go ahead and get 18 so I can stick with the Atlanta United.

Also, a lot of times my goals get waived off or the other team gets a free kick because I go offsides. How can you tell what is offsides?! :dahell:

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills

City can say the exact same thing...

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Soccer bros help me out.

I’m still new to the sport, but I enjoy playing FIFA. I’m still on 17, haven’t gotten 18 yet.

I started following Chelsea because I like their uniforms and colors but when I play with them online I never win with them because it’s like they can’t finsih once I get the ball inside the square area where the goal is. Does anyone have that problem with them?

I used Man United one time and scored like 4 goals, and I picked a random Spanish team called Sevilla and put up 3 goals with them. I just need to go ahead and get 18 so I can stick with the Atlanta United.

Also, a lot of times my goals get waived off or the other team gets a free kick because I go offsides. How can you tell what is offsides?! :dahell:
for offsides, your player cannot be behind the second to last man (goalie is usually the last man always) when the ball is kicked, otherwise you are in an offside position.