Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
When it comes to France there will always be the racial element as well. A lot of white French people don't like the fact that the national team is overwhelmingly of african descent. This is part of the platform for folks like marie le pen, who damn near became president with her ultra right wing shtick. There was a story a few years back about the French FA instituting quotas at the youth level to cap the number of black players. Cacs would rather risk losing than having an all african squad. When you see a guy like andre pierre gigac getting called up for the euros while he is playing in liga mx, giroud playing over lacazette, christophe jallets repeated call ups, florian thuavin getting called up before moussa demebele, koscienly being automatic at CB when you have varane, umititi, kimpembe, etc this is the reason.

Her old man was spouting that BS rhetoric back in 98-00, when he was running for President/Prime Minister.

Giroud never lets France down, always scores important goals for them, but yes he should be super duper sub. Also he gets the best out of Greizman, he allows Griezman to play as the SS

Thauvin is a winger, & only played 1 game for France, which was this year. And he played in the u20 World Cup team with Pogba & Umititi. Moussa Dembele has only had 1 good season playing in a Tier 3/4 league and a couple good games for Celtic in the CL. Who does he deserve to be in front of? Martial, Gameiro, Giroud, Griezman, Lacazette?

Koscienly plays because he is the most reliable/best out of their experience defenders. The 3 players who've mentioned who you feel should be starting over Koscielny, Varane has only be a regularly since the start of the year for Real, other wise he's been injury or on the bench. Umititi needs to play alongside an experience player because he looks lost at times and Kimpembe only started playing regular for PSG since last season. The one player who should of gotten a game for France but hasnt, is Laporte, he deserves more than any of them, if we keeping it 100. Zouma been injured.

Would you really start Rami, Mangala over Koscielny?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Snitching.jpeg

This is like a drug dealer reporting their competition to the law because they're making more money.

:scust:

Once the question gets asked by the media to Pep, he will somewhat deflect away from it, unless he goes full Catalan and shyts on the rest of Spain i.e Madrid, but I doubt it. If it was me, I would be reading out Barca & Real's transfer numbers over the last 5-10 years, then I would throw in the child trafficking they both got banned for.

Then I would finish off with, if Barca had gotten Coutinho, it would of taken their spending over 300m. Would La Liga still be complaining. :sas1:

Last edited:

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Her old man was spouting that BS rhetoric back in 98-00, when he was running for President/Prime Minister.

Giroud never lets France down, always scores important goals for them, but yes he should be super duper sub. Also he gets the best out of Greizman, he allows Griezman to play as the SS

Thauvin is a winger, & only played 1 game for France, which was this year. And he played in the u20 World Cup team with Pogba & Umititi. Moussa Dembele has only had 1 good season playing in a Tier 3/4 league and a couple good games for Celtic in the CL. Who does he deserve to be in front of? Martial, Gameiro, Giroud, Griezman, Lacazette?

Koscienly plays because he is the most reliable/best out of their experience defenders. The 3 players who've mentioned who you feel should be starting over Koscielny, Varane has only be a regularly since the start of the year for Real, other wise he's been injury or on the bench. Umititi needs to play alongside an experience player because he looks lost at times and Kimpembe only started playing regular for PSG since last season. The one player who should of gotten a game for France but hasnt, is Laporte, he deserves more than any of them, if we keeping it 100. Zouma been injured.

Would you really start Rami, Mangala over Koscielny?

I would start umititi and varane... Varane has close to 40 caps. He has literally played in 10 less international games than Koscienly. Laurent should have been done after the euro. Would've given the youngins two years to get right. I agree on amyeric laporte.

The thuavin, dembele comparison isn't so much about who should be in the team, both are fringe players at this point, rather that the French will always give white players looks ahead of black players.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
France under Deschamps are like a more talented Belgium, they have enough good players to win games on their own but lack that type of organization of teams Deschamps played on in 98/2000. Sometimes national team managers forget that it's about putting in the right team and not just the best 11 you can find, Spain won after doing away with the Raul generation players and Lippi finally stopped trying to find ways of putting in all those 10s they had like Totti, Del Piero, Cassano in their team. On paper Spain with Isco,Thiago, Koke, Iniesta did not look like one that would flop at the last WC but watching them play you could foresee the thrashing they received from the Dutch.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I would start umititi and varane... Varane has close to 40 caps. He has literally played in 10 less international games than Koscienly. Laurent should have been done after the euro. Would've given the youngins two years to get right. I agree on amyeric laporte.

The thuavin, dembele comparison isn't so much about who should be in the team, both are fringe players at this point, rather that the French will always give white players looks ahead of black players.

France's current squad have 16 non Cacs out of 24. I can name another 11 non Cacs players out 18 who have represented France over the last 12 months. That 27 / 15

Also 4 out of the 14 who played for France last night were Cacs.

I know the point youre trying to make, because the very thing you're talking about, was mentioned because of the fukkery between 07-12, when the team failed and all the in-fighting and stupid coach they had. but at the present and in the near future your argument doesnt have any legs, because the Cac talent isnt there. Maybe in 5-7 years time but not now and probably wont happen till after 2022 tbh.

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
France issue isn't about Deschamp bringing in cac players. It's about his bringing in donkeys he is loyal too. I can understand Giroud because he delivers, but he should be nothing more than a sub. But I think Matuidi useless now because they have Kante. Sissosko should have never gotten a sniff of the team. And then that idiot brought Gignac to the Euro when Giroud was already picked. You don't call up two strikers that play the same. That's what happened in the finals against Portugal. That hard headed mufukka has ZERO tactical flexibility.

But that's not even the thing that makes him shyt. Dude has no playing philosophy for the attack. France got to the finals on individual brilliance and not as an attacking unit. There's hardly chemistry between the players on the pitch

this dude really had Matuidi playing ahead of Pogba in the midfield in the finals.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
France's current squad have 16 non Cacs out of 24. I can name another 11 non Cacs players out 18 who have represented France over the last 12 months. That 27 / 15

Also 4 out of the 14 who played for France last night were Cacs.

I know the point youre trying to make, because the very thing you're talking about, was mentioned because of the fukkery between 07-12, when the team failed and all the in-fighting and stupid coach they had. but at the present and in the near future your argument doesnt have any legs, because the Cac talent isnt there. Maybe in 5-7 years time but not now and probably wont happen till after 2022 tbh.

The french fa has been caught red handed parcticing racism. Read my initial post, my entire premise is that there will always be a racial element when it comes to the selection of the French national team. They are racist. Do you agree or not? If france had their choice there would be no blacks in the national team. Balotelli left the Italians no choice but to select him and let him play. The moment his form dipped and he had some issues, he was out of there. Having talented black players in the squad is cumpolsory for the French because youre right about the white talent pool. The social systems in the country make it hard for african\caribbean immigrants to rise in society so most turn to football to make it out. White kids can always get jobs and the like. If you don't think that if France could have an all white squad they wouldn't choose to, you're crazy. race will always play a factor in France's squad selection. Having black players in squad doesn't change that. A white Frenchman of equal or sometimes lesser yolk will always get a look over a black one. My point stands. Name the last black french player, like gignac, who was called up to the squad for a major tournament when he wasn't even playing football in europe :mjlol:.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...elen-mathieu-have-been-for-barcelona.amp.html

How does barca buy umitit realizing how weak mathieu is at the back but France has him in the squad over umititi until he pulls out with an injury? My point stands, the French fa is racist and when selecting their squad race will always play a role because the white general public don't like to see a bunch of black african players reppin them. Stop caping for France :hhh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Tbf, this the first time usa struggled in the qualifiers since 2002 which indicates bad players and/or management

Management is a huge deal...But outside of Pulisic I don't see the talent coming down the pipeline and players like Jozy, Bradley, Zusi and others are in the twilight of their careers.

Isco doing Isco thing's again:wow:

Wish he came to Barca:wow:

Arsenal didn't want to pay $35-40 million for him a season ago...:snoop:

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Management is a huge deal...But outside of Pulisic I don't see the talent coming down the pipeline and players like Jozy, Bradley, Zusi and others are in the twilight of their careers.

Arsenal didn't want to pay $35-40 million for him a season ago...:snoop:

:ohhh:

When he was at malaga and they were in the CL?