Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

When he was at malaga and they were in the CL?

That was around 2013. But if I'm not mistaken when he had fallen out of favor a season or two ago there was some rumblings that he was linked to a move for around that amount. But of course, for Arsenal, that sounded too much like right.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

s6Ytmnl.gif

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
United States' immigration policies are inspiring USMNT opponents - Arena

Arena said he believes that current U.S. immigration policy is being used as a rallying point by the U.S. team's World Cup qualifying opponents, including Honduras.

"Our immigration policies are impacting people in Central America, right?" he said. "And there's probably a little bit of anger over that.

"Then your national sport gets a chance to play the U.S.; I'm sure that becomes very meaningful."

Arena pointed to the efforts of Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt -- who has raised more than $17 million and helped distribute goods to the Houston area that has been ravaged by Hurricane Harvey -- as an example of what he hopes the game of soccer can do.

"I guess that is the beauty of this sport, that you can make some changes hopefully for the good," Arena said. "I think what J.J. Watt is doing in Houston is tremendous.

"It would be nice if we could do things like that. I'm not sure [the] example of the World Cup is something we're going to accomplish, but if we get there, maybe we'll try."

Arena added that, even in the current political climate, he has not talked politics with his players, though he expects there to be near consensus on some issues.

"Everyone is pretty supportive of free speech and not being restrictive of people coming to this country," he said. "We'd be almost unanimous on that. But I'm not around these guys all the time and listening to them talk politics.

"I don't think politics influences our national team program at all. I think we had a little bit of a discussion when we went to Mexico with the timing and all of that. But I don't think it impacts anybody."

It's not the players, strategy, or ability of the other teams.

It's that the other teams are mad about the US's immigration policies
:dead:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The french fa has been caught red handed parcticing racism. Read my initial post, my entire premise is that there will always be a racial element when it comes to the selection of the French national team. They are racist. Do you agree or not? If france had their choice there would be no blacks in the national team. Balotelli left the Italians no choice but to select him and let him play. The moment his form dipped and he had some issues, he was out of there. Having talented black players in the squad is cumpolsory for the French because youre right about the white talent pool. The social systems in the country make it hard for african\caribbean immigrants to rise in society so most turn to football to make it out. White kids can always get jobs and the like. If you don't think that if France could have an all white squad they wouldn't choose to, you're crazy. race will always play a factor in France's squad selection. Having black players in squad doesn't change that. A white Frenchman of equal or sometimes lesser yolk will always get a look over a black one. My point stands. Name the last black french player, like gignac, who was called up to the squad for a major tournament when he wasn't even playing football in europe :mjlol:.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...elen-mathieu-have-been-for-barcelona.amp.html

How does barca buy umitit realizing how weak mathieu is at the back but France has him in the squad over umititi until he pulls out with an injury? My point stands, the French fa is racist and when selecting their squad race will always play a role because the white general public don't like to see a bunch of black african players reppin them. Stop caping for France :hhh:
Nope @Kunty McPhuck is right, those comments had little impact on the selection. The French outfit from youth to national level have more black players than any country in the Western world. Hell they were selecting black players even before the English. French football doesn't = French society, but there is nothing to support the idea they aren't selecting black players. Have you seen Ligue 1? It's the blackest league in Europe. Also theres little comparision to be made between the Italian FA and French FA system, the former only recently started giving first/second generation Italians a shot while the French have been doing it for over 50 years.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
France issue isn't about Deschamp bringing in cac players. It's about his bringing in donkeys he is loyal too. I can understand Giroud because he delivers, but he should be nothing more than a sub. But I think Matuidi useless now because they have Kante. Sissosko should have never gotten a sniff of the team. And then that idiot brought Gignac to the Euro when Giroud was already picked. You don't call up two strikers that play the same. That's what happened in the finals against Portugal. That hard headed mufukka has ZERO tactical flexibility.

But that's not even the thing that makes him shyt. Dude has no playing philosophy for the attack. France got to the finals on individual brilliance and not as an attacking unit. There's hardly chemistry between the players on the pitch

this dude really had Matuidi playing ahead of Pogba in the midfield in the finals.
Pogba has been garbage for the NT since the Euro qualifiers. Deschamps should get fired though.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Pogba has been garbage for the NT since the Euro qualifiers. Deschamps should get fired though.
Garbage is pushing it. Less tan stellar. yes. 3 man midfield suits this team the best. He's doing too much to accommodate Griezman by putting him in the middle just. A midfield 3 combo of Rabiot/Kante/Pogba is great with the ball minus Kante who is elite defensively, which is well balanced. Or call up N'Zonzi for Kante.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Nope @Kunty McPhuck is right, those comments had little impact on the selection. The French outfit from youth to national level have more black players than any country in the Western world. Hell they were selecting black players even before the English. French football doesn't = French society, but there is nothing to support the idea they aren't selecting black players. Have you seen Ligue 1? It's the blackest league in Europe. Also theres little comparision to be made between the Italian FA and French FA system, the former only recently started giving first/second generation Italians a shot while the French have been doing it for over 50 years.

Can you read? I never said they weren't selecting black players. I said theyre racist and if they had their way there would be no black players in the team but guess what they don't have much of a choice. As such even if they select black players there will always be a racial element and french society will always prefer seeing a white frenchman rep them over a black one all things being equal. Selecting a bunch of black players doesn't make the french fa any less racist which is what my entire premise is. If there wasn't a racial element they wouldn't have been trying to cap the number of black players in the youth set up. Answer these two simple questions, is the French FA racist? Is french society racist?
Furthermore, do you know history? France colonized half of Africa and has been having individuals from its colonies arrive on its shore for 50 plus years. What african countries did Italy colonize? How many black countries speak Italian? Black immigration into italy is fairly new. They haven't had 50 years to do anything. Doesn't change the fact that the black players are held to a different standard in European football.
French football doesn't equal french society? How does France have so many black players then? unlike italy or Spain, French society made a conscious decision to colonize Africa and continues to meddle in Africa to this day. France is the biggest colonial force on the African continent bar none. Lol the biggest French speaking country, population wise, in the world is the congo. It would then make sense that they'd have more black immigrants than anyone else, right? Ligue 1 is black for the same reason the NBA and NFL are. Black people in France typically come from poor backgrounds and are not afforded the same opportunities in life so they turn to sport. French football is a reflection of french society and Frances colonial past. All of the colonial forces on the African continent have been had black players in their team from France to england to Belgium to Portugal to the dutch. Italy, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Scandinavian teams etc have only had a hand full of black players in their entire history's- why is that if football doesn't reflect society? Stop quoting me if youre not actually going to read what i write and comprehend it.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you read? I never said they weren't selecting black players. I said theyre racist and if they had their way there would be no black players in the team but guess what they don't have much of a choice. As such even if they select black players there will always be a racial element and french society will always prefer seeing a white frenchman rep them over a black one all things being equal. Selecting a bunch of black players doesn't make the french fa any less racist which is what my entire premise is. If there wasn't a racial element they wouldn't have been trying to cap the number of black players in the youth set up. Answer these two simple questions, is the French FA racist? Is french society racist?
Furthermore, do you know history? France colonized half of Africa and has been having individuals from its colonies arrive on its shore for 50 plus years. What african countries did Italy colonize? How many black countries speak Italian? Black immigration into italy is fairly new. They haven't had 50 years to do anything. Doesn't change the fact that the black players are held to a different standard in European football.
French football doesn't equal french society? How does France have so many black players then? unlike italy or Spain, French society made a conscious decision to colonize Africa and continues to meddle in Africa to this day. France is the biggest colonial force on the African continent bar none. Lol the biggest French speaking country, population wise, in the world is the congo. It would then make sense that they'd have more black immigrants than anyone else, right? Ligue 1 is black for the same reason the NBA and NFL are. Black people in France typically come from poor backgrounds and are not afforded the same opportunities in life so they turn to sport. French football is a reflection of french society and Frances colonial past. All of the colonial forces on the African continent have been had black players in their team from France to england to Belgium to Portugal to the dutch. Italy, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Scandinavian teams etc have only had a hand full of black players in their entire history's- why is that if football doesn't reflect society? Stop quoting me if youre not actually going to read what i write and comprehend it.

No one made the argument that French society isn't racist. In your earlier post you claimed the NT selection reflects this and Im contending it does not. Dembele not making this team has little to do with race. Some of the biggest debates over the current NT's selection relate to different black players ( Koman for Martial for example). The French football set-up has done a better job at tapping into second/third generation talents than their Euro counterparts, and started doing it earlier. This is also in relation to former colonial powers like England. Stating this fact isn't giving France credit for equality as you seem to be insinuating. They just know where their best talents are and rely on them :manny:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Management is a huge deal...But outside of Pulisic I don't see the talent coming down the pipeline and players like Jozy, Bradley, Zusi and others are in the twilight of their careers.

I think there are some extremely young talented American's. Problem is they are either too young or not getting time playing for their clubs. Bruce loves the MLS and guys like Zusi and Wondo are getting calls up.

Pulisic is a step above everyone else. Clint is the only other player who I think can show that glimpse of something special on any occasion.