Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Whites in PG did some sneaky, making Middle Schools in strong White Areas, Magnet Schools. So that means that, those kids didn't have to have a B average or higher to be placed into the honors or Academic Center program(which we had at High Point), they were just automatically put in the advance classes entering High School.

Cause literally every White kid at High Point, was in the Academic Center Classes, even though some clearly didn't belong in them.

yeah, this was the segregation after busing was instituted in the 70s. Magnet school programs were created to separate the races. It took like 15-20 years for that to eventually be meaningless too. I think they ended magnet schools in the early 2000s.

It started with elementary schools and taking tests and stuff. I remember because I had to do something like that to get into my magnet middle school (which was eventually closed because it was poor performing but it had a magnet program).
edit: they still exist, but arent the same as before.

In fact, my elementary and middle school were both closed in the mid-oughts :to:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, this was the segregation after busing was instituted in the 70s. Magnet school programs were created to separate the races. It took like 15-20 years for that to eventually be meaningless too. I think they ended magnet schools in the early 2000s.

It started with elementary schools and taking tests and stuff. I remember because I had to do something like that to get into my magnet middle school (which was eventually closed because it was poor performing but it had a magnet program).
edit: they still exist, but arent the same as before.

In fact, my elementary and middle school were both closed in the mid-oughts :to:

I remember it my teacher in my journalism class(who was White) who told me about this, She listed all the Magnet schools, and their locations, and demographics. So the White kids who where at these schools, didn't have to meet any requirements to get into those schools, cause it was their neighborhood schools

:skip:

Last edited by a moderator:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
thats true about Bowie, but its also true of Surratsville and Gwynn Park. I think Bowie is a class 4A school so its a bigger school, but if you go down to Clinton, Brandywine, Croom, Acokeek, and other areas close to Charles County you would think you are in Charles County and not PG county. That area had the first WalMart in PG county.

And :rudy: about Roosevelt. Oxon Hill was a Science and Tech school and bussed kids from all over southern PG, before Flowers, and it was still a super majority black and Filipino.

not saying i agree with the assessment, just what i've heard from kids in the area.

and i feel you about deep southern PG, thats all charles county to me. first wal mart in pg - white excellence in maryland :wow:

Whites in PG did some sneaky shyt, making Middle Schools in strong White Areas, Magnet Schools. So that means that, those kids didn't have to have a B average or higher to be placed into the honors or Academic Center program(which we had at High Point), they were just automatically put in the advance classes entering High School.

Cause literally every White kid at High Point, was in the Academic Center Classes, even though some clearly didn't belong in them.

pg county was pretty much developed as a white flight safety net, so this fits perfectly.

the area today is so funny to me. you got white kids whom you SWEAR have racist(ish) parents hanging out with black kids. these same black kids have picked up skateboarding, so now you have multicultural roving bands of skate kids all over northern pg.

:bustback: take that white flight

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I remember it my teacher in my journalism class(who was White) who told me about this, She listed all the Magnet schools, and their locations, and demographics. So the White kids who where at these schools, didn't have to meet any requirements to get into those schools, cause it was their neighborhood schools

Scarface - Smartz - YouTube

:skip:
this is exactly it :laugh:

Gwynn Park was the middle school all of us wanted to get into after elementary school, and that was located in one of the white areas in the county.

Its changed now tho, there are only a select few magnet schools but it is based on the the area its located which are the more wealthy areas. Its a dirty and demonic game.

Face never lied :lawd:
pg county was pretty much developed as a white flight safety net, so this fits perfectly.

the area today is so funny to me. you got white kids whom you SWEAR have racist(ish) parents hanging out with black kids. these same black kids have picked up skateboarding, so now you have multicultural roving bands of skate kids all over northern pg.

:bustback: take that white flight

its a beautiful thing. Those kids are a lot more accommodating to different races than my peers in PG county. :russ:

It wasnt that we didnt like white people (well some really didnt, some white kids probably hate black people after the abuse the ignorant kids gave them and the rest just stood by and watched) but we didnt see any.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was just strange, looking at it now. We all talked to each other during classes and what not. I was cool as hell with White kids during school. But once that bell rang, we didn't associate with each other, unless we grew up around each other.

shyt is sad thinking about it. At some point in development, we just start to separate ourselves. Known people since you were 5/6/7/8/9, then around 11/12, because they are not the same as you. Your become stranger. Racial politics really messed people up in this country

And lunch time was even more pitiful.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really hope some of them White kids I went to school with, understand the opportunity they got, being in that environment. They got something that most Whites in this country will never get. A chance to be around different people, and to understand what it feels like to not be in the Majority.

Unfortunately most of them didn't, which is sad, cause they got to experience something that most White will never experience.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
that happened to me and many Filipino kids.

My best friend from elementary school to middle school was a Filipino kid. We would hang out with each other and talk on the phone and shyt as little elementary school kids. When people say kids dont see race, that shyt is true because I never thought of him as looking different. I never thought of anyone as being different really.

Then we get into middle school and we both started to separate a little bit. High School and the Filipinos have their own thing while us black kids had our own thing. We would still talk to each other and it was love when our groups werent around each other. And we would team up to win money in spades and shyt, but it wasnt the same anymore. By 12th grade we werent close at all anymore.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the area of PG I leved and the schools I went to were mixed, I saw it all the time. People all the sudden discovering their Blackness, Whiteness, Latinoness, and Asianness when they hit that 12/13 age.

We just say hello to each other and keep it moving, dude or girl who is your neighbor, is know just another person.

We live in country where Black people only know Black people, Whites only know Whites, Latinos only know Latinos and so on.

shyt aint right, especially when it's Whites who control everything

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Because the area of PG I leved and the schools I went to were mixed, I saw it all the time. People all the sudden discovering their Blackness, Whiteness, Latinoness, and Asianness when they hit that 12/13 age.

We just say hello to each other and keep it moving, dude or girl who is your neighbor, is know just another person.

We live in country where Black people only know Black people, Whites only know Whites, Latinos only know Latinos and so on.

shyt aint right, especially when it's Whites who control everything

whats sad is that i think people in this area have figured it out better than most. its good, relatively. think about what yall are saying in here, and think about how much stronger those politics are in the deeper south, or even ny and chicago, northern liberal cities. regardless of the shortcomings of the melting pot in the washington area, its actually pretty well off compared to most american metropolii.

:to:

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Rumour is we ight be starting Raheem today. The british press are gonna be on his dikk and destroy him if he has a good game and we win :to: