Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

From what I heard Suitland was a pretty good school, I knew a lot people who went there for the Arts programs. But also the with a lot of those PG High Schools, a lot of them are just small neighborhood schools, that are close by big schools.

I get a the feeling that schools like Friendly, and Duval were the Black schools during segregation, and High Point, Northwestern, Roosevelt, etc, where the White Schools.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
From what I heard Suitland was pretty good school, I knew a lot people who went there for the Arts programs. But also the with a lot of those PG High Schools, a lot of them are just small neighborhood schools, that are close by big schools.

I get a the feeling that schools like Friendly, and Duval were the Black schools during segregation, and High Point, Northwestern, Roosevelt, etc, where the White Schools.
Oxon Hill was a white school too. They have a picture of every senior class in the library. From the school's opening until like 1979, it was all white with a few black kids.

From 80 onward it was all black.

The black schools were those in the central part of the county that were close to DC.

at least they have chris mccray :to:

word, knew there was something about oxon hill getting new perks

on everything, I forgot about that school

I think that school and Forrestville became those military high schools. They were hte worst performing schools in the county back when I was in high school.

Outside of McCray, I only met one person that went to Fairmont Heights. this was back when I worked at Six Flags. :laugh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
From what I heard Suitland was a pretty good school, I knew a lot people who went there for the Arts programs. But also the with a lot of those PG High Schools, a lot of them are just small neighborhood schools, that are close by big schools.

granted i've worked with troubled kids, but they all hate it. of course, its high school, so they hate it off break, but these problems seem to run deep. i could see kids in the arts program liking it, they're there for a purpose.

i knew a white teacher from PA who taught at gwynn park and said he was givinng out A's for kids who didn't threaten him :heh:

northwestern was white as all get out in the 60s and 70s. yall dont know any of those old time pg white folks? the ones with accents that sound like the white people on the wire?

its funny that roosevelt is still considered a "white" school by kids in pg

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
High Point and Northwestern were White Schools too. And I could tell that High Point was a busser school, cause half of the people who go to High Point live closer to DC than to Beltsville.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
horse. kills;1278438 northwestern was white as all get out in the 60s and 70s. yall dont know any of those old time pg white folks? the ones with accents that sound like the white people on the wire? its funny that roosevelt is still considered a "white" school by kids in pg[/QUOTE said:
I lived in the part of PG that still had a lot of Whites(Adelphi, College park area) and what I find funny is how the neighborhood Northwestern is in, is still mostly Jews.

This White chick at my job is from College Park/Laurel area, and she has that accent.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
High Point and Northwestern were White Schools too. And I could tell that High Point was a busser school, cause half of the people who go to High Point live closer to DC than to Beltsville.

a lotta high point kids live in CP and hyattsville. they have to balance out demographics, otherwise either NW or HP would be 96% latino

going on my last comment, whats even funnier is how Wilson is the only quote unquote white school in DC. and its not exactly Churchill

I lived in the part of PG that still had a lot of Whites(Adelphi, College park area) and what I find funny is how the neighborhood Northwestern is in, is still mostly Jews.
yeah, old time DC jews that have been there forever

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
granted i've worked with troubled kids, but they all hate it. of course, its high school, so they hate it off break, but these problems seem to run deep. i could see kids in the arts program liking it, they're there for a purpose.

i knew a white teacher from PA who taught at gwynn park and said he was givinng out A's for kids who didn't threaten him :heh:

northwestern was white as all get out in the 60s and 70s. yall dont know any of those old time pg white folks? the ones with accents that sound like the white people on the wire?

its funny that roosevelt is still considered a "white" school by kids in pg
old school PG county white people bug me out cuz of that. :laugh:

and I had a physics teacher, Dr. J, who gave out grades because kids were nice to him. He was a sweet man too, who was like a NASA engineer or something in the past. ONe of the nicest teachers Ive ever met, but he was way in over his head in that class. And were were Science and Tech, I couldnt imagine him dealing with the comprehensive kids.:sadcam:

and Roosevelt a white school? No one really believes that? It wasnt white back when I was in HS. Surratsville and Gwynn Park are probably more whiter since those areas are like 50/50-40/60 between blacks and whites.

This White chick at my job is from College Park/Laurel area, and she has that accent.
yup. I used to see this when I would go in the area. Its the older people tho who have no school kids. Berywn Heights and College park is like this as well.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lotta high point kids live in CP and hyattsville. they have to balance out demographics, otherwise either NW or HP would be 96% latino

going on my last comment, whats even funnier is how Wilson is the only quote unquote white school in DC. and its not exactly Churchill

High point is everything along Riggs Road(at the DC/MD border to the End of Power mill RD), the PG side of New Hampshire, Adelphi RD up to University BLVD, PG side of University till it gets to Lewisdale, and the PG side of Calverton.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and Roosevelt a white school? No one really believes that? It wasnt white back when I was in HS. Surratsville and Gwynn Park are probably more whiter since those areas are like 50/50-40/60 between blacks and whites.

Ultimate White school in PG, is Bowie

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Mikel :wow:

Words can't describe just how good he is. And to think he's only 25. My word.

Newcastle were embarrassing. They deserved nothing. Just so negative and defensive, shook mugs.

Cisse's flukey little run is over. He's a bum.

mikel ios so underrated dude is a rock out there, i hope he gets a goal before its all said and done

btw essien needs to be sold or loaned out i feel sorry for dude at this point same as malouda,, i hate that the old guard is just rotting away :to:

the old days of anelka, drogba and malouda was :lawd:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I lived in DC from 93-99, and in all those years I always went to school in Maryland, Wilson was the only DC School my Mom considered sending me to. I wish I would've went to that school. Would've love hanging out in that area after School.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

its because of that math and science program or whatever they have over there. white and asian kids get bussed in, probably a couple hundred at most. so it becomes a "white" school to kids who dont know shyt :manny:

i forgot about bowie HS. that school is whiter than a lot of schools in southern Montgomery county. or what those schools would be if it not for the consortium where kids get to choose their hs based on their interests. :rudy:kids got it easier these days brehs

bowie has a lotta black kids, but its still white at the core. they have a huge faction of legacy white families who never left bowie. their cheerleading team is all southern white girls, you'd think you're in alabama if you weren't aware of regional accent differences.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
its because of that math and science program or whatever they have over there. white and asian kids get bussed in, probably a couple hundred at most. so it becomes a "white" school to kids who dont know shyt :manny:

i forgot about bowie HS. that school is whiter than a lot of schools in southern Montgomery county. or what those schools would be if it not for the consortium where kids get to choose their hs based on their interests. :rudy:kids got it easier these days brehs

bowie has a lotta black kids, but its still white at the core. they have a huge faction of legacy white families who never left bowie. their cheerleading team is all southern white girls, you'd think you're in alabama if you weren't aware of regional accent differences.
thats true about Bowie, but its also true of Surratsville and Gwynn Park. I think Bowie is a class 4A school so its a bigger school, but if you go down to Clinton, Brandywine, Croom, Acokeek, and other areas close to Charles County you would think you are in Charles County and not PG county. That area had the first WalMart in PG county.

And :rudy: about Roosevelt. Oxon Hill was a Science and Tech school and bussed kids from all over southern PG, before Flowers, and it was still a super majority black and Filipino.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Whites in PG did some sneaky shyt, making Middle Schools in strong White Areas, Magnet Schools. So that means that, those kids didn't have to have a B average or higher to be placed into the honors or Academic Center program(which we had at High Point), they were just automatically put in the advance classes entering High School.

Cause literally every White kid at High Point, was in the Academic Center Classes, even though some clearly didn't belong in them.