Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Wenger In :blessed:

How supporters of other teams can laugh at a man that has more major titles than most Premeire League clubs is beyond me.

Now time to get deals done for Sanchez and Ozil

Faneto4

Banned
Daps

How supporters of other teams can laugh at a man that has more major titles than most Premeire League clubs is beyond me.

u really think they'll stay..alot of teams can offer way more

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God bless Stan Kroenke and his lack of ambition.

Stan Kroenke is a business man, he dont give a fukk about football, aslong as profits are being made, he dont see a reason why things should change.

Arsenal is one of the few clubs in football with no debt & making a decent profit

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

If Bayern want Alexis, they will get Alexis.

Arsenal need a Cazorla replacement/alternative, or else they're entering a Dark Age a la Liverpool when Xabi left for Madrid.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Arsenal need a Cazorla replacement/alternative, or else they're entering a Dark Age a la Liverpool when Xabi left for Madrid.
Apparently Man city are hi-jacking the deal, Man city met up with Alexis Sanchez to make him an offer

Funny Guadiola is the one who got rid of him at Barcelona, now he wants him back lol

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
u really think they'll stay..alot of teams can offer way more

I think Ozil is a lock to stay. He loves Wenger and he supposedly loves living in London.

I believe Sanchez will stay as well. There are only a handful of clubs that can afford his wage demands and transfer fee. We can go down the list and eliminate his actual options pretty quickly.

First we can knock off half of the list because Wenger has said they won't sell him to a rival club. So that's City, Man U and Chelsea out. Their only option would be to wait until his contract expires and hope that he doesn't sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club in January. Very unlikely.

Bayern - great option but can't afford/unwilling to pay his high wages
Barca - Why would he go back to sit on the bench?
Real - He won't play for them ever
PSG - The most legitimate option. But why would Sanchez leave a big club where he is the man in a major league to go to a lower level league (and I don't say that with any disrespect to Ligue 1).

So I think he stays and gets what he wants money wise.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I think Ozil is a lock to stay. He loves Wenger and he supposedly loves living in London.

I believe Sanchez will stay as well. There are only a handful of clubs that can afford his wage demands and transfer fee. We can go down the list and eliminate his actual options pretty quickly.

First we can knock off half of the list because Wenger has said they won't sell him to a rival club. So that's City, Man U and Chelsea out. Their only option would be to wait until his contract expires and hope that he doesn't sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club in January. Very unlikely.

Bayern - great option but can't afford/unwilling to pay his high wages
Barca - Why would he go back to sit on the bench?
Real - He won't play for them ever
PSG - The most legitimate option. But why would Sanchez leave a big club where he is the man in a major league to go to a lower level league (and I don't say that with any disrespect to Ligue 1).

So I think he stays and gets what he wants money wise.
What about Juve?

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps

Nah bro. Bayern don't have the wage structure to afford his supposed £300k a week wage demand. They are a huge club but their wage structure isn't set up to compete with the likes of City and Man U (Arsenal to a much lesser extent since we can't match those clubs wages either).

If they paid that he would instantly become the highest paid player in Bayern history by far. I am sure that wouldn't sit well with a large portion of their team.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Apparently Man city are hi-jacking the deal, Man city met up with Alexis Sanchez to make him an offer

Funny Guadiola is the one who got rid of him at Barcelona, now he wants him back lol

Arsenal won't sell to City. They don't need to bend over for their rivals like back in the day. Club is much more financially stable since settling at the Emirates. The talk about City is pure tabloid nonsense.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Wenger said he wouldn't sell Van Persie to a rival either, but he sold RvP to Man U just before the season began. That was just 5 years ago.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Wenger said he wouldn't sell Van Persie to a rival either, but he sold RvP to Man U just before the season began. That was just 5 years ago.

Again, different financial times for the club. Wenger has also gone on record to say that it was a regret of his selling Judas to Man U. I am confident we won't see something like that happen with Sanchez.

The fact is he has a year left in his contract. They don't have to sell him at all. It takes 3 parties to make a transfer happen - selling club, buying club and the player. Arsenal aren't interested in selling. So what power does City have? All they can do is wait and hope he becomes a free transfer in a year. How likely is that to happen when clubs like Bayern, Juve and even Barca if he wants to go back, come calling in January?

Arsenal aren't pressed for cash like a few years ago. They have managed the stadium debt and are doing well financially.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

Didn't Sanchez force a leave because he wasn't going to be in the first 11 anymore?