Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
A player that will fritter away as a resuscitation of Project Youth or will become too good for Arsenal and will be vacuumed up by one of the big clubs :ehh:
When did you realize that Arsenal wasn't part of the elite ? :ld:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Several years ago. When Sanchez dies from exhaustion at some point in the season due to underspending, selling Poldi and no viable bench option all will be underscored.
There's a crazy rumour I read today saying Arsenal are willing to pay €65M for Cavani :heh:

EDIT : Which is the price Napoli hustled PSG for :sadcam:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
There's a crazy rumour I read today saying Arsenal are willing to pay €65M for Cavani :heh:

EDIT : Which is the price Napoli hustled PSG for :sadcam:

:bryan: Arsene would never.

But nevermind that trivial shyt, it's time for OFT's bidiurnal conversation about Serie A, hosted by your favorite Serie A expert, yours truly.

Did you know that the same amount of points separating out league leaders Juventus from Lazio, who are third on the table due to goal difference, is the same amount of points separating 3rd in the standings from 17th placed Atalanta? Yes, it's merely a 12 point swing between Champions League calcio and scrapping for the last place of guaranteed Serie A safety.

Serie A's next round of fixtures kicks off on January 5th, and it's a doozy. Aforementioned Lazio will play host to Sampdoria in a fierce clash of clubs currently tied on points and separated by merely one goal on goal difference. The winner of this highly anticipated match can go a long way toward proving themselves worthy of Champions League qualification for next season's competition. I'm sure there will be plenty of eyes glued to the sets and monitors of ardent Serie A supporters all across North America. Isn't that right, @Max B ?

:ld:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
also inb4 Zelalem is magically thought of as less capable cause he's American now, is loaned out to Cheltenham, Crawley Town, and Wigan next season, released the season after, and signs with Leyton Orient as a pro

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Arsenal has NEVER been a big club. We've ALWAYS punched above our weight though. And that is the appeal of this little North London outfit. :blessed:

The day we win that CL trophy brehs :nymj: (I need a arsenal one of these). I'm still salty Bayern let Chelsea beat them in that game. A few minutes left and you let them score then ether you in OT?! :really::really: We should have been the first London club to win it.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
:wtf: this been in rotation playboy

:guncry:
Get one of the PS homies to put one of Poldi's clothing line beanies on him
LP24_BEANIE_GUNNER_09_ROT_BLAU1-1280x853.jpg

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
The Cavani rumor is total bullshyt :heh: . Who parrots that shyt? Why would wumger (or anyone) ever spend 65 milli on someone like that?

I see the Carvalho rumor popped up again too. That shyt just aint happening :wum:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
also inb4 Zelalem is magically thought of as less capable cause he's American now, is loaned out to Cheltenham, Crawley Town, and Wigan next season, released the season after, and signs with Leyton Orient as a pro
:lolbron:
Anyway, what was the reason (sport-wise) for your boy Dempsey to flee to the MLS ?
More importantly, do you think that he will lead Seattle to the MLS title and achieving proper football legend status unlike Henry ? :mjpls:
:wtf: this been in rotation playboy

:guncry:
I guess he wanted a proper one like that one
WYA8xTG.png

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Anyway, what was the reason (sport-wise) for your boy Dempsey to flee to the MLS ?
More importantly, do you think that he will lead Seattle to the MLS title and achieving proper football legend status unlike Henry ? :mjpls:

sport-wise its easyy. he wanted to test himself with the best and go as high as he could. even with Bale's GOAT magical season and the highest spurs point total in 25 years they still didnt get into CL. basically i dont think there's any regrets, he gave it his best shot, was 2nd leading scorer in tottenham's best year in 25 years, still couldn't get into CL. and 10 players came in after bale was sold, you think the american was going to be trusted again? :mjpls: he was already the scapegoat on team forums despite being a top player statistically on the team. so he could say he did his best, played on the best team he couldve, got them as close as theyve ever been.

and i really really really doubt he cares now after scoring 2 goals in this world cup. the world cup was the time everyone was either going to put up or shut up about the "running back to mls" thing, and all of the players did well and acquitted themselves from any such nonsense. bunch of mls guys and mls alumni beat a team with 9 CL players, almost beat the best player in the world, lost by the minimum to the champions, and almost beat the epl all star team

i think seattle will win the title eventually, they are too good not to and had their best season in 2014

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Morning Scruuub,

Do you know the breh L-Wiz ? He has some proper choons and I like his laidback style dubstep (trapstyle ?). Really zen stuff :ehh:

Pure crack :wow:
Does he have a tape or an album out ?

Also, you never told me if the breh Joker ever released his Trample remix ? :ufdup:

L-Wiz were kool (they were a duo) but i never really fucced with the dub police lot too tough...i need to reconnect with dubstep, but the pain of its fall off is still a bit too raw for me :wow:

And i must've clean forgot you asked me that :ld:...nah that trample remix never got released and never will tbf