Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry but the arsenal snapback smiley does my head in cos the angles are wrong (hat is face on and mj is looking off at an angle)...the artist in me :mjcry: everytime i see it...

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Man throws away the gauntlet to spend his career playing classicos at the azteca park and chipotle stadium, there's gonna be some questions asked.

AW: Gideon, Puma don't make bulletproof vests, we can't get you insured for the trip.

GZ: Don't worry boss, I've been watching the Ultimate Fighter, no chokehold can penetrate a snood.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
How cool is it that I love Vampire Weekend and then later they're on the FIFA soundtrack. That's like the ultimate validation. The annual FIFA soundtrack is my music bible.

:sadcam: @ being impressed a black American knew his shyt. It's weird being in this thread and then realizing that of all demographics, black brehs are probably least in the loop about it.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
2014 Wipe wasn't that funny.

I couldn't tell if it was because Brooker just put some sub-standard shyt out or if 2014 was just simply a terrible year. I knew something was wrong when he waltzed out in a suit and tie.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
sport-wise its easyy. he wanted to test himself with the best and go as high as he could. even with Bale's GOAT magical season and the highest spurs point total in 25 years they still didnt get into CL. basically i dont think there's any regrets, he gave it his best shot, was 2nd leading scorer in tottenham's best year in 25 years, still couldn't get into CL. and 10 players came in after bale was sold, you think the american was going to be trusted again? :mjpls: he was already the scapegoat on team forums despite being a top player statistically on the team. so he could say he did his best, played on the best team he couldve, got them as close as theyve ever been.

and i really really really doubt he cares now after scoring 2 goals in this world cup. the world cup was the time everyone was either going to put up or shut up about the "running back to mls" thing, and all of the players did well and acquitted themselves from any such nonsense. bunch of mls guys and mls alumni beat a team with 9 CL players, almost beat the best player in the world, lost by the minimum to the champions, and almost beat the epl all star team

i think seattle will win the title eventually, they are too good not to and had their best season in 2014
Where does Americans are overrated/shyte come from ? Adu ?

About Dempsey, anybody who watched him play knew he was good, not great but good. And Tottenham reached the CL, but were relegated in EL because of Chelsea. It was nobody's fault on that one. You know as a supp, that fans are irrational and need a scapegoat when shyt hits the fan. Objectively speaking (and stats-wise), Deuce had a nice season but he should have stayed at least one more year IMO. Dude had like 10 goals as a winger/10 in a whole season with a guy like Bale being the main attacking threat and a forward in front of him. That's good in my book.

And if anything, the World Cup simply showed that there were only a few powerhouses left and that everybody was getting leveled. Now almost every nations have a top class player and at least a few good ones in their rank. I mean USA were in the quarters in 2002, and round of 16 in 2010 which they both lost by 1. I don't think it was a surprise they reach the round of 16 again this year. The "problem" with the MLS is not that the good players are relatively bad (because it was disproved by the WC), it's that level of the championship is average.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
:sadcam: @ being impressed a black American knew his shyt. It's weird being in this thread and then realizing that of all demographics, black brehs are probably least in the loop about it.
It's a pity because the football game is the typical game for people who lives in impoverish conditions. And considering that African Americans are the majority in this demographic, there is potentially a huge reservoir of talent in the US for kids that live in the hood and are athletic enough. If only bball and US football weren't that predominant culture-wise.

You American OFT brehs never thought of doing something footy-related (footy school for kids, being a scout...) ? I think it's the future if you ask me :mjpls:
You guys need to start the wave, not ride it (though the wave has already being started, at least catch it early brehs) :mjpls:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
2014 Wipe wasn't that funny.

I couldn't tell if it was because Brooker just put some sub-standard shyt out or if 2014 was just simply a terrible year. I knew something was wrong when he waltzed out in a suit and tie.
The format is tired and his particular brand of vitriolic sarcasm grates after a while. He needs to change it up.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
B6LbihVIMAAcr5f.jpg