Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
But that's how it is with everything, you always got your poser, and fronting asss muffuccasss.

shyt before Kast, Face was the token Southern Rapper that those types claimed to love so much
My overarching point was, a lot of people just in general really don't like Southern hip-hop at all, and largely are responsible for the southern = bad hip hop mentality. But will trot out an act like Outkast to prove that isn't the case, when it isn't genuine at all because back then they weren't fukking with them either.

I just don't take the opinions of non-southern people on southern rap seriously. These people weren't fukking with Ball/G, UGK, Goodie Mob, Face, Kast, 3-6, Trick, etc until some of them got "legitimized" by some northern co-sign, so the widespread notion that the new ATL makes "bad" music gets a giant :manny: from me, because that tune is going to change the second someone from NY or LA puts out a great album appropriating their shyt and talks about how much of an influence they were on them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And where does electronic techno music owe its roots too?

3 black dudes from Detroit :blessed: No matter what black folks are going to be at the fore front of this music shyt, ambient, vocal or otherwise.
Techno music breh.

Electronic music was out before those 3.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Look at Outkast. Everyone now praises them up and down and claims to love all their shyt. But look at the tepid ass response the vast majority of their music got at their festival performances. :mjpls: For a generation of people who now swear up and down that they loved them it really seemed like they didn't know pretty much anything from their discography aside from the obvious.
this shyt was eye opening to me.

Just a bunch of kids who only knew Hey Ya, Way You Move, Miss Jackson and Rosa Parks.

When Elevators came on, those same people who swore they were fans were like :dwillhuh:.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Here's my thing with cats like Thugga, Quan and em, beats are nice as shiit, but i can't really fuuc with them vocals too much tho. 1 or 2 songs cool, but after that, nah i'm good.

What I wanna with some of these new age acts is what they used to do with Reggae back in the days. Have the regular vocal version, and then a dub version, chop up the vox, put some affects stuff like that.

That'll be nice
:ohhh:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just thought about something, The Dream doesn't get the props he deserves, I understand his stay was short lived, but his sound definitely birthed some of this stuff

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this shyt was eye opening to me.

Just a bunch of kids who only knew Hey Ya, Way You Move, Miss Jackson and Rosa Parks.

When Elevators came on, those same people who swore they were fans were like :dwillhuh:.
:laff: :mjcry:

I would've sworn they'd have known elevators too since it was in gta :mjpls:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I just thought about something, The Dream doesn't get the props he deserves, I understand his stay was short lived, but his sound definitely birthed some of this stuff
The-Dream and CBreezy

On the low, I fukked with The-Dream. :ninja2:

Then Breezy made that post-rihanna album which fathered a lot of the sounds in pop music today. Joint didnt sell, but I just remember everyone making fun of it. 3 years later, everyone making records that sound like that album.

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Growing up in the DC area really help me appreciate Hip-hop in way that I don't think I would've growing up anywhere else. This is area is weird, cause even though we are on the coast and only 4 hours away for NY. We've never really had any regional allegiances. So I grew around all Rap from Tribe,Rap-a-lot, Suave House, Bay Area, early No Limit, etc.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
My overarching point was, a lot of people just in general really don't like Southern hip-hop at all, and largely are responsible for the southern = bad hip hop mentality. But will trot out an act like Outkast to prove that isn't the case, when it isn't genuine at all because back then they weren't fukking with them either.

I just don't take the opinions of non-southern people on southern rap seriously. These people weren't fukking with Ball/G, UGK, Goodie Mob, Face, Kast, 3-6, Trick, etc until some of them got "legitimized" by some northern co-sign, so the widespread notion that the new ATL makes "bad" music gets a giant :manny: from me, because that tune is going to change the second someone from NY or LA puts out a great album appropriating their shyt and talks about how much of an influence they were on them.
Only people who think southern rap is/was bad are cats from new york. Ironically New York sound is practically dead b/c they wanted to sound more southern :heh: You got brooklyn nikkas making Drill music now.

The South won by the way :sas1:

-
@Morning Scruuub
What i'm saying there's no where else to go. Unless people go out there and support artist putting out great music then :yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Growing up in the DC area really help me appreciate Hip-hop in way that I don't think I would've growing up anywhere else. This is area is weird, cause even though we are on the coast and only 4 hours away for NY. We've never really had any regional allegiances. So I grew around all Rap from Tribe,Rap-a-lot, Suave House, Bay Area, early No Limit, etc.
i remember my cousins in Brooklyn and Philly having no idea who Outkast and Bone were way back when.

Same time, I had no idea who Nas was until If I Ruled the World.

DC has always been Southern in its taste, sprinkled in with some New York.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
J.Cole isn't all that... But the hate is mind blowing...

Like what do you really want?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i remember my cousins in Brooklyn and Philly having no idea who Outkast and Bone were way back when.

Same time, I had no idea who Nas was until If I Ruled the World.

DC has always been Southern in its taste, sprinkled in with some New York.

West coast too, for me this was the break down, DC and hood PG more Southern and West coast. Western PG and Mo, more East coast.