Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
J.Cole isn't all that... But the hate is mind blowing...

Like what do you really want?
i dont think anyone is actually hating on J. Cole. He is boring as fukk. Iggy is hated. J. Cole is straight meh.

West coast too, for me this was the break down, DC and hood PG more Southern and West coast. Western PG and Mo, more East coast.
I can see that.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I haven't heard most of these new rappers, Haven't heard one J Cole song, didn't listen to Kendrick till my friend and one of my co-workers pestered enough and I finally gave him a listen, earlier this year.

I find it hard to listen to today's lyrical rappers. They bore me. If I have to listen to today's rap artists, give me the little demon seeds. I do love them drill beats.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Dude shot a woman in Baltimore, travelled to NYC, kills 2 cops on the humble, then blows his brains out in a subway station :wow:
So glad I didn't catch that Megabus to NYC today :wow:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
good posts everyone, including @Walk The Dog being the resident out of touch scoundrel who actually likes a few dave matthews songs "because girls will drink to them" :ehh:

@penfield gets a pos rep for that teen witch video :ohlawd:

damn near 2015 and im still listening to this

you either hate this or love this, but it's TIMELESS

yeah i can fukk with migos when im riding in a car, and chief keef brings out the inner hoodrat in me but the quirkiness and creativity of the hook on these joints, not to mention the beats going hard as fukk is just what it IS

funny because a lot of the production is handled by an asian and white dude :pachaha:

J. Cole makes microwave music as @Don Hollywood Herrera says. perfect way to explain him. my wife asked me why black twitter was always talking about him, and i wish i had read that post before i explained it, because i used a lot of words where they weren't necessary

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Including Migos in the Iggy basket (I'll stop calling Azelia because It's confusing lol) makes sense. It's not south hate at all (at least from me) above all because I've been deep in the Memphis/ATL scene for more than a decade now. I will lie if I say I didn't blast Young Thug's Some More to one or two workout routines. It's good in a short term but that's junk rap to me. That stuff you put in your fridge and the day after it has no taste anymore or the stuff you resort to when you need instant gratification with no lasting effect.

I don't hate Migos at all, for the record. As said earlier, I reckon they are funny and their flows and beats are on point and all but that's the root of the problem. Mainstream rap is all about flow + beat but lyrics don't really matter anymore and it's been like that since the rise and take over of trap rap. I've always represented rap as some kind of lyrics/content + flow + beat trinity. And lately the lyrics part is vastly being overlooked IMO. I'm not asking for the classical lyrical miracle stuff but at least something with a little of quality in structure and content. Content is mostly gimmicks with ABC rhymes (when there are rhymes !) with ad libs being way too prevalent.

Yeah this shyt slaps but damn this is so bad lol.
The thing is, in the 2000's and above all in the 90s one had the choice, mainstream wise. I'm not necessarily looking for timeless pieces but at least, things that don't sound dated 6 months after they are out. Anyway, II don't criticize Migos' rise to fame, I'm simply doubtful about the the quality of their music

Most rap (not all of it obviously) these days is garbage. And not home waste type but more nuclear waste type. And it has proliferated way too much for a breh like me who grew up with it. But I swear I'll try to listen to some new acts. And I do like a breh like Lil Herb. He has it all IMO. And @Broletariat, Part 2 is the best 4 Minutes of Hell of the 3 : 2 > 1 > 3. :lolbron:

good posts everyone, including @Walk The Dog being the resident out of touch scoundrel who actually likes a few dave matthews songs "because girls will drink to them" :ehh:

@penfield gets a pos rep for that teen witch video :ohlawd:

damn near 2015 and im still listening to this

you either hate this or love this, but it's TIMELESS

yeah i can fukk with migos when im riding in a car, and chief keef brings out the inner hoodrat in me but the quirkiness and creativity of the hook on these joints, not to mention the beats going hard as fukk is just what it IS

funny because a lot of the production is handled by an asian and white dude :pachaha:

J. Cole makes microwave music as @Don Hollywood Herrera says. perfect way to explain him. my wife asked me why black twitter was always talking about him, and i wish i had read that post before i explained it, because i used a lot of words where they weren't necessary

You ain't lying !

:ahh:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
These Bale rumors though...:patrice:

I thought United mgmt opened the transfer kitty so Van Gaal could go out and bid on anyone he wanted, and Bale/CR7/Messi's names were brought up as an example of who they can afford, not actual transfer targets.