Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

being in europa league is costing you from having a good league position
Yeah, being in the Europa League is making it hard for them to get a, er, Europa League spot. :mjcry:

I remember when Aston Villa used to throw Europa games just to increase their chances of qualifying for it again through the league. :mjcry:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Nq9Q5Ya.png

Once Zelalem gets citizenship, we won't need to worry about who plays attacking midfield for America :blessed:
M8

This USMNT waiting for a savior attitude will be the death of us :guncry:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Eh. I don't think Jozy got the "savior " label like Adu got.
:manny:

At any rate, I think our next Dempsey / Donovan character will be someone we dont really expect coming out of the woodwork. Maybe Zardes? Or someone like that will come through and crush the buildings :mjcry:

Gooner

Newest Member
Daps
Reppin
ATL & ERI
M8

This USMNT waiting for a savior attitude will be the death of us :guncry:

Worked out well w Freddy Adu

:pachaha:

I agree, we shouldn't be putting pressure on the him, but how much pressure is Zelalem getting when compared to Adu, or any other young player for that matter? :patrice:

Adu was hearing that he was the savior of USMNT since he was 14 as opposed to Gedion, who's had it relatively low key so far in his career with little pressure. He's still a youth team player at the moment, and hasn't really been thrust into the limelight. Once he actually makes an appearance for the USMNT, then we should be careful not to overreact

Ezra

Daps
I agree, we shouldn't be putting pressure on the him, but how much pressure is Zelalem getting when compared to Adu, or any other young player for that matter? :patrice:

Adu was hearing that he was the savior of USMNT since he was 14 as opposed to Gedion, who's had it relatively low key so far in his career with little pressure.
Zelly hasn't been under much national team pressure. However he's being tabbed the next superstar for Arsenal.

That's probably a whole other level of pressure.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Zelly hasn't been under much national team pressure. However he's being tabbed the next superstar for Arsenal.

You think so? :avbusure: breh is doing pretty well in the u21s etc but so does say......Januzaj. I think he's no more hyped than a breh like Akpom or Gnabry. The only reason I keep tabs on dude is cause he's a potential USMNT mainstay tbh.

Perhaps you read some press I didn't ? :ehh:

Gooner

Newest Member
Daps
Reppin
ATL & ERI

That's probably a whole other level of pressure.
Fair point:ehh:
Don't think he's being tabbed as the next superstar though, that was Wilshere. And look what happened there:mjcryarsenal:
Tbh being white and English probably worked against Wilshere. Downside of white privilege :skip:

Ezra

Daps
You think so? :avbusure: breh is doing pretty well in the u21s etc but so does say......Januzaj. I think he's no more hyped than a breh like Akpom or Gnabry. The only reason I keep tabs on dude is cause he's a potential USMNT mainstay tbh.

Perhaps you read some press I didn't ? :ehh:
I've seen wegner call him "the next fabregas" a few times on twitter
:yeshrug:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Soldado :laff: man is gash, if he was more of a social media presence he'd be as much of a joke as Balotelli

B4mE3r9CAAA6ECY.jpg:large

Last edited: