Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
It's totally believable. Actually I'm surprised this is the first. Anytime I see Drake on the news/gossip rags dude is trying to fukk someone else's girl :heh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://www.noshortcorners.com/2014/12/wonder-twins-activate-form-of-stat-nerd.html

awesome breakdown of jozy's performance vs liverpool

Let's just end the non-existent suspense and blurt out that Altidore rang up a grand total of zero in the following categories: shots/shots on target, area entries (via dribble or pass completed to teammate), shot assists, and most annoyingly, defenders beaten on the dribble. No, I do not count the nutmeg on Touré because he did not keep the rock from it. He also only managed a single high-pressure harassment of note.

That may all sound entirely dire for the US striker, but do factor in that he was picked out with a pass facing the area exactly once, found in the area with a pass zero times and never the end target of combo play (for the record, he was the hyphen between give and go on three occasions). Altidore also worked just 70 minutes before departing, and spent the last 10 of them out of left wing.

Still, it remains readily apparent that he is probably the biggest team player on Sunderland, and that he needs to dial that typically admirable trait back a few notches if he ever expects to score in their shirt. Sure, most of their good moves and threatening poses from yesterday came through his grunt work in some way.

Long story short regarding Saturday, without Altidore's ace hold-up work, Sunderland do not come close to the possession edge they held for the first 55 minutes of this game. And amazingly, only one of these plays came during the opening nine minutes of both halves. I swear, sometimes, it seems like this Sunderland team doesn't realize how to play this game until they accidentally do something standard that works.

:heh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
i

edit: smalling injured.... evans in. never trust a nikka named jonny :snoop:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So I'm finally finishing the Inverting the Pyramid book (I'm in English Pragmatism 2 chapter) and the dismantlement of Hughes philosophy by Wilson is hilarious lol.
@Kunty McPhuck, what's your insight on Hughes as a FA and how he supposedly set England back 10 years. :lolbron: I can't believe this breh and his skewed bullshyt stats ruled English football for years :lolbron:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Van Gaal has to let this 3-5-2 shyt fukking go. Let Falcao go, and get on with it. Trying to force all our strikers in isn't going to fukking work.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Fellaini is not having a good game, but only Rooney and RvP plus Young are. nikkas on rc talkin about sellin him, ffs.

Ezra

Daps
If Everton brings anything more than a glorified U21 team to Krasnador Thursday, I'm gonna
:deadrose: