Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
This is what I mean about football writing being ridiculous these days

"Why Dutch Clubs Sell Their Best Players"

do we really need more than "because they operate that way and also need the money" ? even if it's a rinky-dink thing written by an amateur. but i guess you need to play the game to get in, who fukkin knows.

Ajax sell from a position of strength, knowing the illustrious De Toekomst academy will, in perpetuity, fashion homegrown replacements for departing first team stars. PSV sell with reluctant pragmatism, cognisant of their complicated standing in the grand ecosystem of European football. In the past, Feyenoord have sold influential players out of financial necessity or pure cultural habit, typically haemorrhaging talent before its full maturation due to desperation or managerial confusion.

these pointless words :ahh:

This munificence has become the very zeitgeist of Eredivisie football, with every club looking to sell their most effective assets for the largest price at the optimum time.

you mean.. "they buy low and sell high"

In the Netherlands, football clubs aren’t so much corporate businesses as the beating heart of cultural fiefdoms. Clubs like Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord don’t merely exist to win football matches every weekend. They’re much bigger than that. They mean more to the communities they represent. They transcend the actual sport. For these clubs, it’s not enough to be successful; they must be successful whilst continually acknowledging, worshipping and enriching the traditions, ethics and heritage so laboriously concocted through layers of sacrosanct history.

:snoop:

so when is this guy gonna get hired by The Guardian.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Why'd all the trash games get placed on Tuesday and the good ones on Wednesday?

Arsenal/Southampton
Tottenham/Chelsea
Sunderland/Man City

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
was listening to this early and thought maybe @penfield / @Don Hollywood Herrera might fukk with it (the ep)

ydfQOUY.png

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
This is what I mean about football writing being ridiculous these days

"Why Dutch Clubs Sell Their Best Players"

do we really need more than "because they operate that way and also need the money" ? even if it's a rinky-dink thing written by an amateur. but i guess you need to play the game to get in, who fukkin knows.

these pointless words :ahh:

you mean.. "they buy low and sell high"

:snoop:

so when is this guy gonna get hired by The Guardian.
:russ: jesus christ

i had more fun reading the isis magazine than that freshman comp bullshyt

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Listening to this J. Cole album, he's becoming my favorite middle class, middle of the road, middlebrow, average, nondescript, basic, just ok rapper of all time.

Never has there been a rapper that was able to vocalize the mediocrity and unexceptional nature of life better than J. Cole.

It oozes through his production, his voice, his humor, his storytelling, his hooks, his rhymes, his style and sensibilities, everything. That's my just ok rapper :mjcry:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Galatasray ruines another managers career from mancini to prandelli now:huhldup:
How do you fail with Galatasaray in the turkish league if you see yourself as a big time manager?

And Mancini was never going to stay for long at Galatasaray with his management style and the way he likes to makes demands :mjlol:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Listening to this J. Cole album, he's becoming my favorite middle class, middle of the road, middlebrow, average, nondescript, basic, just ok rapper of all time.

Never has there been a rapper that was able to vocalize the mediocrity and unexceptional nature of life better than J. Cole.

It oozes through his production, his voice, his humor, his storytelling, his hooks, his rhymes, his style and sensibilities, everything. That's my just ok rapper :mjcry:
all his albums have been misses imo

i want that Warm up, FNL J Cole back

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
sohh Soldado finally scored and their response is to bench him

:ehh:

makes a lot of sense

:ehh: