Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sohh Soldado finally scored and their response is to bench him

:ehh:

makes a lot of sense

:ehh:
Needs must init. Spurs are going to pack the midfield and try to play like Sunderland did at the weekend.

They also need a big lump to aim at when they're playing their hoofball so Soldado doesn't fit the bill.

Why Remy isn't starting is the real mystery :patrice:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Mangala the worst summer transfer signing? I wouldnt jump the gun on him cause primera liga to epl is still a big jump for defender.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
How do you fail with Galatasaray in the turkish league if you see yourself as a big time manager?

And Mancini was never going to stay for long at Galatasaray with his management style and the way he likes to makes demands :mjlol:
Well if have lazy players like burak yilmiz and very limited spots for foreigner cause the stupid turkish league rule its gonna be tough..i think prandelli is a good tactician but really fell off since euro 12.. Fiorentina was the team he really florished. Also can anyone save brumas career before its to late ?!!!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
guess the rationale is that we have more midfield talent than talent up front, which is probably true

either way, welbz will drift centrally :manny: he seems to want to anyway
what midfield talent? isn't ozil injured? do you really need Ramsey next to Flamini?

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
what midfield talent? isn't ozil injured? do you really need Ramsey next to Flamini?
:
:manny: if you take a look at the best arsenal performers, they're all midfield (wenger has only himself to blame for building a squad mostly based on attacking mf ability)

I'd rather see a 4-2-3-1 with our two shytty DMs, but wenger wants the 4-1-4-1 because it gives him a way to incorporate Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla/Ox, and Campbell. It's not balanced, but I guess that's what his rationale is

the tradeoff is that we end up in a weird situation where dudes like Ozil are played out of position etc, but what can you do :yeshrug: