Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
the all-day Billy Joel marathon they have on MSG though :ohlawd:

you have to respect someone that came out with a bunch of great material and said "fukk it, I don't have anything as good left in me anymore, I'm gonna preserve myself at my peak"

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The on field play is closest thing to EPL game play. Its still a top league and budesliga 2 the division below is the one highest rated second division next the npower championship

well I will honestly say i don't get the chance to watch it much (no GOL TV) and when I do its always Bayern blowing some on out :manny:

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
why did they stop the game?

oh nevermind, fans invading the pitch

B3edRpiCAAEUoo0.jpg

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
By the way, what you guys think about the Cosby stuff ?
not much to say. a couple women might try and leverage and blackmail a guy for money if he's really famous, but not this many. dude's a serial rapist IMO, and hes not gonna see a minute of jail time :manny:

his legacy is in the :trash: though, especially with his moralizing

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

I watched his show a little bit when I was younger on Nick at Nite but Cosby was never a big or important name in my household among my parents growing up. I think my dad liked him but he wasn't an idol for him like he was for other black families, so my whole opinion is a bit :manny:

I'm not gonna get upset about it. It's a shytty situation for the women who have come forward, and Cosby will forever be tainted, and his fans will do a bunch of hand-wringing and fretting because it will force them to confront themselves and they have to re-assess their likes, morals, and their own self-image...which has gotta suck too. And then you got a bunch of people oozing out and cawing that the whole thing is good because they hated Cos's holier than thou attitude.

If there's anything to be taken from this it's that maybe we've reached a point where sexual assault victims can and will be taken seriously. Maybe. But thinking about that statement you begin to think of a bunch of offshoot thoughts about the whole situation and really under any logical scrutiny doesn't really hold up.

One thing's for certain the b*stard ruined The Original Jam Sessions for me, my whole conception of that album is fukked. Never has rape sounded so funky and jumpin' :mjcry:

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

fukked up situation. There is no way to prove anything legally so he'll never get a day in court over this, innocent or guilty. The number of women doesn't indicate guilt in my opinion, only indicates fame.

Like him or not Bill Cosby has contributed alot and it will take more for me to call him a rapist.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
fukked up situation. There is no way to prove anything legally so he'll never get a day in court over this, innocent or guilty. The number of women doesn't indicate guilt in my opinion, only indicates fame.

Like him or not Bill Cosby has contributed alot and it will take more for me to call him a rapist.
I'm usually pretty comfortable calling someone a racist once it hits double digits :heh:

Can't lie. I was super surprised that people didn't know about this. I remember finding out about it as a pre-teen, so I thought it was just a thing that had already stormed up and settled. For the people who are suspicious because it all seemed to come out of nowhere, I can definitely say this narrative has existed forever, which of course is why Burress knew about it in the first place. It's been about a decade now where every time Bill Cosby is making some comment or another all I think is "Yeah cool bruh I should pull my pants up but you gonna speak on them rapes doe?"

The nature at which the floodgates is opening is insane, but again, there's been smoke drifting away from this fire for a long ass time.