Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting hype? We won breh... am i supposed to be apologizing because Bayern got a red? At the end of the day we got a result and we can still advance. My apologies for being excited about that. And what injuries did Bayern have other than Lahm and Javi who hasn't played all year?
you are right about the win part and Bayern don't give a fukk about the loss/game cuz they already through to the next round breh..they played with their 3string midfield breh wtf u talking about? they were missing Martinez,sweingteiger,thiago,lahm, goetze, Mueller and yet dominated you guys with 10 men lol
I know u guys were missing yaya n silva (fernandinho don't matter since hes just a runner) but at full strength yall so what happened last time yall played Bayern, they had nothing to lose or win this time so they didn't care enough breh

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I'm not trolling, I'm a novice. :mjcry:

I know Ronaldo isn't a pure striker because he was a mid fielder in his prime, no? But I was under the impression that Messi was a striker but he's not one dimensional because he can also facilitate. Scoring goals is why he's so lauded though.
You're not really wrong, but you're not really right either :avb:

Ronaldo started out as a pure winger (Sporting Portugal days and early Man U). Then in 07 season, Ferguson began to start him up front to play as some sort of striker though he was (alongside Rooney and Tevez) often switching position. That worked really well because team-wise they reach the CL final back to back, (winning one and losing the other) and individually, Ronaldo (during 07/08) won the golden shoe, the ballon d'or and many other awards. At Madrid he went back to his OG starting position though with Benzema linking godly with him he often is at the end of a chance and therefore score a ton of goals.

Messi started out the same (on the right side). Then In 2011, Guardiola (during his "midfielders are the cleverest players of the world" phase where he stuffed midfielders everywhere on the pitch) began to start him as a striker but not the "fox in the box" type but more in some sort of the advanced number 10 role which is called "false 9". Since then, he's starting in the striker position but he's not pure striker either.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
You're not really wrong, but you're not really right either :avb:

Ronaldo started out as a pure winger (Sporting Portugal days and early Man U). Then in 07 season, Ferguson began to start him up front to play as some sort of striker though he was (alongside Rooney and Tevez) often switching position. That worked really well because team-wise they reach the CL final back to back, (winning one and losing the other) and individually, Ronaldo (during 07/08) won the golden shoe, the ballon d'or and many other awards. At Madrid he went back to his OG starting position though with Benzema linking godly with him he often is at the end of a chance and therefore score a ton of goals.

Messi started out the same (on the right side). Then In 2011, Guardiola (during his "midfielders are the cleverest players of the world" phase where he stuffed midfielders everywhere on the pitch) began to start him as a striker but not the "fox in the box" type but more in some sort of the advanced number 10 role which is called "false 9". Since then, he's starting in the striker position but he's not pure striker either.
@BLAZO da GAWD Sorry. :mjcry:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
If you're a rookie, you may be interested in tactics and I can only recommend those pieces from Zonal Marking (blog is not updated since this season unfortunately) :
- Tactics in the 2000s : http://www.zonalmarking.net/category/decade/tacticsin2000s/
- 20 sides of the 2000s : http://www.zonalmarking.net/category/decade/twentyteams/
With that, you may be aware of everything that happens (in Europe mostly) in the last decade and that will help you catch up with football history. That's where I started myself when I started reading about tactics.

This blogger also wrote a book about the history of football tactics which is called "Inverting the Pyramid" and is a really interesting book though I couldn't care less about the beginnings of the game and everything related to England but I guess it was necessary to put things in perspective. @yoyoyo1 knows better about books than me as he owns a hundred of them about footy. Most of them about obscure american stuff but that's Yoyoyo for ya.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
It says winger on the teamsheet but CR7 is a striker because CR7 says he's striker. he gets to do everything a striker does without doing the dirty work: he takes all the shots, all the penalties and takes all the free kicks unless his legs get tired(which they never do :mjlol: ). If he could score on corners, he'd take them too :mjpls: but he resigns himself into heading the ball when a cross comes in...just like a striker :mjpls:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It says winger on the teamsheet but CR7 is a striker because CR7 says he's striker. he gets to do everything a striker does without doing the dirty work: he takes all the shots, all the penalties and takes all the free kicks unless his legs get tired(which they never do :mjlol: ). If he could score on corners, he'd take them too :mjpls: but he resigns himself into heading the ball when a cross comes in...just like a striker :mjpls:
he's not a strker

he is an inside forward. #footballhipster