Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:mjcry::sadcam: word? i wanted it to be great man...
yeah man, im sorry. I did that, so hopefully you wont have to go through that.

its heavy-handed and not funny at all.

Didnt like the cinematography and direction the film went. There were some good actors in there too and they were failed by a rushed script.

I like the topics it covered, but it was executed so poorly.

Felt like a really bad Spike Lee movie.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Dear White People :camby:

Absolute garbage

Tell me more...:lupe:

Is it our worst fears confirmed? That it is the ostensible and loudly trumpeted next great black film that exposes racism in the 21st century but is instead honey to the white liberal ear? :lupe:

Edit: saw your post

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Tell me more...:lupe:

Is it our worst fears confirmed? That it is the ostensible and loudly trumpeted next great black film that exposes racism in the 21st century but is instead honey to the white liberal ear? :lupe:

Edit: saw your post
i went on Rotten Tomatoes, it got a 97%

all from white critics
j1xwtHd.png

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
i went on Rotten Tomatoes, it got a 97%

all from white critics
j1xwtHd.png

Yeah I dunno, at the moment, I feel sorta jaded about writing about race in film and tv, and writing about race in general.

I hate when white critics try and tackle the subject, and the points brought up by black writers are all pretty predictable. I was reading Rembert's article on Grantland about Black-ish. There was nothing interesting there at all.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah I dunno, at the moment, I feel sorta jaded about writing about race in film and tv, and writing about race in general.

I hate when white critics try and tackle the subject, and the points brought up by black writers are all pretty predictable. I was reading Rembert's article on Grantland about Black-ish. There was nothing interesting there at all.
Rembrandt's article on Blackish was awful. I felt like he missed the point.

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps

Have you watched the show? i did watch some yesterday, wasn't as bad as it was skewered, dunno if i'd be a regular watcher though. still wanna fukk the shyt outta ellis rose :datazz:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
that rembert dude is a HORRIBLE writer. last thing i read from him was about how he wanted to like bobby schmurder but couldn't because killing people is bad

:why: whaaaaat are you saying dude? you got paid for this?

also, black-ish is a funny ass show :yeshrug: