Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Came up with two UTD versions...
KMZKj84.png
dqCcHYy.png

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Got bored today so i thought i'd whip up some :arsenalcry: and :unitedcry: smilies for yall...

2sHyXlq.png
KMZKj84.png

Figure they're the two most supported teams on here so might as well. Hard to get those logos to display sharply though without image loss, maybe @Liu Kang will give it a shot. Finding the right United Hat/Beanie is hard as hell :mjcry: because they make the damn logo and script so small. Probably redo that one.

@Abso831 @BLAZO da GAWD @Ari Gold Bawse @Grams @Don Hollywood Herrera @gho3st

@mastermind @naijaboi @penfield @Montez @Gooner @SmarkMero @BarNone @hashmander @diddy kong @Klarifeye The Great

:banderas:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Picasso Baby was the moment where you couldnt absolve it anymore.
I like Picasso Baby.

MCHG as a whole is inoffensive.

Blueprint 3, even as a Jay stan, is just worthless. There is no reason to listen to a single song from that album. Every single last one of them is absolutely vapid.

He's atleast coming from a real place in MCHG, even if it's hard at times to like where that place is.

Come through with the Ye mask on, spray everything like SAMO I won't scratch the Lambo :noah:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Picasso Baby was the moment where you couldnt absolve it anymore.
Even in here we have Nas stans hating on Jay irrationally @Broletariat :smh:. But ask one of them to justify it and they'll go :whoa:

That video was hilarious and awkward but I have no idea how anyone could hate on the idea. Oh wait, I do...they're a Nas stan :sas2:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Even in here we have Nas stans hating on Jay irrationally @Broletariat :smh:. But ask one of them to justify it and they'll go :whoa:

That video was hilarious and awkward but I have no idea how anyone could hate on the idea. Oh wait, I do...they're a Nas stan :sas2:
Man mad a douchebag video :camby:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

it's a shyt song and boring video

i just found out that i give a fukk about the nas/jay z beef doe :mjcry:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
The on

You know how much i love Jay but even i was :avbusure: @ that Picasso Baby video. I'm a Jay stan but Jay been a douche, that's part of the reason why I fukk with him. What I can't get with per se are the adlibs, uhns, and him doing this high art rap thing. yea Jay has been namedropping art since Reasonable Doubt but we don't wanna hear about his relationship with anything like that unless he's dropping a No Church in the Wild type verse.

Based of Jay features in the past couple years I'm convinced that the best way to make a Jay album in 2014 is to trick him he's doing features for guys like Rawse, Jeezy, Jay Electronica, Kendrick etc, etch their name out, and drop albums non stop. If you pair him with Kanye, he's lazy. If you pair him with Beyonce, he sounds way too poppy.

Dream swansong from him is something with lots of brass and orchestra and put together by all the biggest producers of his career: ye, guru, blaze, pharrell, timbo, preme, etc. And less 'fast' beats. Give him some stuff with some space to rap over

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I like Picasso Baby.

MCHG as a whole is inoffensive.

Blueprint 3, even as a Jay stan, is just worthless. There is no reason to listen to a single song from that album. Every single last one of them is absolutely vapid.

He's atleast coming from a real place in MCHG, even if it's hard at times to like where that place is.

Come through with the Ye mask on, spray everything like SAMO I won't scratch the Lambo :noah:
I'd rather listen to the BP3 than MCHG. It's better musically. BP3 = I'm still here regardless of what you critics say about my age or me becoming "too rich." Nothing more, nothing less. He tells you on the very first song (which is a good song on an otherwise slightly above average album). "What We Talkin About" is literally the setting for the entire album. The entire album was a response to people telling him to hang it up. It's nearly the theme of every song on the album. 7 out 10 effort :manny:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I'd rather listen to the BP3 than MCHG. It's better musically. BP3 = I'm still here regardless of what you critics say about my age or me becoming "too rich." Nothing more, nothing less. He tells you on the very first song (which is a good song on an otherwise slightly above average album). "What We Talkin About" is literally the setting for the entire album. The entire album was a response to people telling him to hang it up. It's nearly the theme of every song on the album. 7 out 10 effort :manny:
No. It's fukking terrible. "What We Talking About" sets the theme for an album that never arrives.

Better musically?

Bruh.

All those beats are lazy as shyt and borderline trash. "Venus vs Mars", Off That, and Reminder are career low lights. Lyrically, his worst performance over the course of an album. Sonically, easily the WOAT. Jay tried twice with Kingdom Come and BP3 to make the same album and both were miserable failures. There is no measurement where BP3 doesn't join KC at the bottom of his list. This is a dude that at times effortlessly drops amazing verses and he struggled over the course of an hour to nail down one. For all that can be said about MCHG, he's atleast SPITTING on some of those tracks. BP3 even has the WOAT Jay-Z/Jeezy collabo, almost as if to cement that album being where good things went to die.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The on

You know how much i love Jay but even i was :avbusure: @ that Picasso Baby video. I'm a Jay stan but Jay been a douche, that's part of the reason why I fukk with him. What I can't get with per se are the adlibs, uhns, and him doing this high art rap thing. yea Jay has been namedropping art since Reasonable Doubt but we don't wanna hear about his relationship with anything like that unless he's dropping a No Church in the Wild type verse.

Based of Jay features in the past couple years I'm convinced that the best way to make a Jay album in 2014 is to trick him he's doing features for guys like Rawse, Jeezy, Jay Electronica, Kendrick etc, etch their name out, and drop albums non stop. If you pair him with Kanye, he's lazy. If you pair him with Beyonce, he sounds way too poppy.

Dream swansong from him is something with lots of brass and orchestra and put together by all the biggest producers of his career: ye, guru, blaze, pharrell, timbo, preme, etc. And less 'fast' beats. Give him some stuff with some space to rap over
I didn't say I like the video, I said the idea of the video doesn't make someone a douche'. The idea of rapping a song for hours over and over in a live environment to see what becomes of it is a fun idea. But he just picked the wrong song and crowd. It didn't feel like Brooklyn. It was forced because the crowd wasn't a hip hop crowd aside from Wale. I can't hate on the thought. The execution was ass and I died laughing.

As far as calling an artist a douche--we're not talking the rap persona, I assume we're talking about the person. If that's the case then I don't know which artist isn't. Realistically the label is something I only reserve for Kanye West because he goes beyond any norms of decency in his self-aggrandizement. He acts in typical conversations the way Jay Z sounds while he's rapping...no one else of that stature comes across like that. He's far too self-important.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
I didn't say I like the video, I said the idea of the video doesn't make someone a douche'. The idea of rapping a song for hours over and over in a live environment to see what becomes of it is a fun idea. But he just picked the wrong song and crowd. It didn't feel like Brooklyn. It was forced because the crowd wasn't a hip hop crowd aside from Wale. I can't hate on the thought. The execution was ass and I died laughing.

As far as calling an artist a douche--we're not talking the rap persona, I assume we're talking about the person. If that's the case then I don't know which artist isn't. Realistically the label is something I only reserve for Kanye West because he goes beyond any norms of decency in his self-aggrandizement. He acts in typical conversations the way Jay Z sounds while he's rapping...no one else of that stature comes across like that. He's far too self-important.
I just don't like Jay aligning himself with art like that. He's always been better received as a hustler, a wise guy. The execution wasn't lyrically or rap-wise good enough and he didn't sell it. It came off touristy and amateurish imho.

By 'douche' i just mean the rap persona. It's arrogant, it's gutter, it's got top tier shyt talk.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
No. It's fukking terrible. "What We Talking About" sets the theme for an album that never arrives.

Better musically?

Bruh.

All those beats are lazy as shyt and borderline trash. "Venus vs Mars", Off That, and Reminder are career low lights. Lyrically, his worst performance over the course of an album. Sonically, easily the WOAT. Jay tried twice with Kingdom Come and BP3 to make the same album and both were miserable failures. There is no measurement where BP3 doesn't join KC at the bottom of his list. This is a dude that at times effortlessly drops amazing verses and he struggled over the course of an hour to nail down one. For all that can be said about MCHG, he's atleast SPITTING on some of those tracks. BP3 even has the WOAT Jay-Z/Jeezy collabo, almost as if to cement that album being where good things went to die.
I disagree completely. The album does arrive, he just was lazy as shyt lyrically--so if that's what you mean that then fine. But to pretend as if the album isn't clearly about saying "I'm still a top dog and I'm into new shyt that you're just going to have to deal with" is being blind to obvious facts at the time.

MCHG doesn't have any awful beats, but it doesn't have many standout ones either. The only lazy beats on BP3 are by Timbaland. I would rather listen to ESOM than Part II. I would rather listen to "What We Talkin About" than Picasso Baby--the song at least has a point. I'd rather listen to On to the Next One than "La Famila." I'd rather laugh at the comical "Haters" than the annoying BBC. I'd rather listen to DOA than "Crown." I didn't mind Kanye's executive influence. It will always be disappointg because a rapper of that caliber should have given me more lyrically but it's not nearly KC. KC had the worst production of Jay Z's career. BP3 just had shyt diehards like us didn't want him to rap over. The Jeezy point is true though...very true lol. The album is a 7/10 to me...MCHG is technically a better album but it's more of a chore to listen to the "good" songs on that album. But to invoke KC...I think we're forgetting how awful that shyt really was.