Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

To the gallows, all of them!

Have you thought about getting your badges son? Your knowledge floors me every time.

Its simple really, Football (like Basketball) is a sport where its easy to see talent even for the casual fan. But what most people don't get about soccer here in the states is that it really is one of the most team and strategy based sports there is. You can have all the game plan in the world in baseball but a grand slam throws all that shyt out the window.

What pisses me off about teams like Arsenal and the sort is the fact that they feel the need to commit to some sort of identity. That's why Spain, Italy, Brazil and the old guard (besides Germany and Holland) all got thrashed in the WC. That "team identity" bullshyt. Do what you have to do to win. That's why Germany dominated. When you looked they played Bastian as the holding mid but brought him up in attack when guys tried to park the bus. And when teams just KNEW that Kroos, Ozil, Klose and Muller would be the threats. Low brought in and pressed forward Schurrle and Gotze. He was flexible.

Guardiola knows how to get the most out of his system and players but Morinho is by far the most flexible manager in club football. Even more so than Costa, but when he got Fabregas I KNEW Chelsea were gonna be THE team to beat. Because more so than Lampard he now has a Field General who is gonna marshal the attack and think to distribute first. So many options. :wow:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
1412514130420_wps_76_Manchester_United_goalkee.jpg

:ohlawd:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Its simple really, Football (like Basketball) is a sport where its easy to see talent even for the casual fan. But what most people don't get about soccer here in the states is that it really is one of the most team and strategy based sports there is. You can have all the game plan in the world in baseball but a grand slam throws all that shyt out the window.

What pisses me off about teams like Arsenal and the sort is the fact that they feel the need to commit to some sort of identity. That's why Spain, Italy, Brazil and the old guard (besides Germany and Holland) all got thrashed in the WC. That "team identity" bullshyt. Do what you have to do to win. That's why Germany dominated. When you looked they played Bastian as the holding mid but brought him up in attack when guys tried to park the bus. And when teams just KNEW that Kroos, Ozil, Klose and Muller would be the threats. Low brought in and pressed forward Schurrle and Gotze. He was flexible.

Guardiola knows how to get the most out of his system and players but Morinho is by far the most flexible manager in club football. Even more so than Costa, but when he got Fabregas I KNEW Chelsea were gonna be THE team to beat. Because more so than Lampard he now has a Field General who is gonna marshal the attack and think to distribute first. So many options. :wow:

Funny. You rail against casual fans while exposing yourself and completely embodying the mind-set of the novitiate US soccer watcher :ohhh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Funny. You rail against casual fans while exposing yourself and completely embodying the mind-set of the novitiate US soccer watcher :ohhh:

How so? I don't rail against casual anything because the vast majority of people are casuals bro. I can say with HONESTY that I really started following World football 2 WCs ago. But unlike a casual I can watch it without the deep longing for "action" that most of us Americans need. A 1-0 match can be just as entertaining to me as a 8-7 one.

Team ethos is important, but not at the cost of losing the season. That's how you have some teams (especially in the EPL) with cultures of being lovable losers. The False 9 and tiki-taka was damn near flawless for Spain for the better part of the entire decade BUT when other clubs begin to figure it out you might need to make some changes. It takes some clubs DECADES to get back into contention because of this. Its stubborn and it wastes MILLIONS of dollars.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
^^^ :popcorn:

I can't watch a Chelsea game without thirsting over Eva. So intelligent. So bad

I don't see a wedding ring, if I ever come in contact with her I'm drawing