Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Nicca what!?
The long rumored Alonso/Vettel swap rumor for whatever reason hotted up in Japan

EDIT: Oh shyt, Autosport is reporting he's leaving the team. That's the only thing confirmed. Alonso leaving Ferrari is still a rumor, but Alonso/Seb switching teams has been such a strong rumor for over a year now sheeeet.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Damn :dwillhuh:

Vettel in ferrari colours? :whoo:

I thought alonso was going to mcclaren though? :dwillhuh:
No idea. Those were both the rumors, but I feel like Alonso was only talking to Merc as a sure thing. If a Red Bull seat is open and RB aren't promoting from within then he goes there. Would be brilliant for RB, too. Alonso would be a short term option while Max puts in work at STR before getting the call up.

I think the biggest factors in Seb going to Ferrari would be Kimi, honestly. Those two are legit brehs. Well, that and the fact that Ferrari pays better than anyone AND lets their drivers have their own commercial rights and sponsorships. For four-time champion Vettel is a relative nobody, and its all on account of RB being all encompassing marketing wise. That's one of the major reasons why Lewis left McLaren.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
No idea. Those were both the rumors, but I feel like Alonso was only talking to Merc as a sure thing. If a Red Bull seat is open and RB aren't promoting from within then he goes there. Would be brilliant for RB, too. Alonso would be a short term option while Max puts in work at STR before getting the call up.

I think the biggest factors in Seb going to Ferrari would be Kimi, honestly. Those two are legit brehs. Well, that and the fact that Ferrari pays better than anyone AND lets their drivers have their own commercial rights and sponsorships. For four-time champion Vettel is a relative nobody, and its all on account of RB being all encompassing marketing wise. That's one of the major reasons why Lewis left McLaren.
looks like RB are promoting Kyvat

Think Alonso is going Mclaren

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Eid muburak to OFT muslims brehs @Grams @thatknickfan @SCORCH and whoever i miss out on
Edit - This post is dedicated to all the blessings I've received and the blessings all my brehs received

fd7die.jpg
fd7die.jpg
fd7die.jpg

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ehh:

I see I see, are there any other rumours flosting around? And since you're vettel fan, do you ultimately think this is a good move for him? You are def right in saying v its weird/a shame vettel is practically a nobody outside of the f1 world when tbh his career has been fame hype gold...

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I hate CL/EL weekends, all the trash games are on Saturday and good teams play on Sunday. Just like last week it was opposite. :yeshrug:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
:ehh:

I see I see, are there any other rumours flosting around? And since you're vettel fan, do you ultimately think this is a good move for him? You are def right in saying v its weird/a shame vettel is practically a nobody outside of the f1 world when tbh his career has been fame hype gold...
Thinking back. Saward has said for YEARS (like, as far back as 2011) that Vettel had a deal in place with RB that if they didin't meet certain requirements he could leave for Ferrari.

Is it a good move? Ferrari have been by and large been an above average team since the 70's. They were trash in the 80's, worse most of the 90's till Schumi came (and even then it took two years to get in order and he brought EVERYONE that mattered from Benneton with him) and post Schumi they've struggled to year in year out build a winning car.

My first thought when I saw this was "That's not a good idea". But what I think Ferrari has suffered from is not having someone who is coming there to really try to BUILD a winning program. Kimi and Alonso aren't exactly dudes who are going to try and instill a winning mentality in everyone. Dudes are just tryna show up, test, and drive. I think this is a long-term legacy type ting for Seb, so I think it'll work out EVENTUALLY.

But Merc got things on lock for a little while. Unless Honda does what Honda does and brings in a game changing turbo engine for McLaren