Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Not when my nikka Wele is outshining him in every aspect of the game :sas1:
:dead:

The level of back and forths @Grams going through with Welbeck emotionally

2dd.jpg

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
That Algerian bum that is Philly's goalkeeper

Thanks breh for being so incompetent, really appreciate it :win:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
MC Serch gave a lot of starts to great rappers...well I guess just Nas, MF Doom and Gilbert Gottfried off the top of my head. But still.
speaking of this, I saw the Illmatic documentary last night

My friend pointed out how interesting it was for all the Jewish people (like Serch) lost their shyt over the "I went to hell for snuffing Jesus" line.

The doc was good tho. Jungle :bow:

He needs a primetime TV show.

*gets shot*
"Dont tell mommy I got shot." :dead:

Just got back from that Nas movie. Pretty decent. Thought the movie sorta just trailed off at the end though :ld:

But some parts of illmatic a capella gave me chills, along with the grainy footage of those late 80s early 90s hip hop parties. Back when hip
Hop wasn't embarrassing, and definitely reminded me of how much I like rap, or how much I used to :mjcry:

And there's not a lot of white people in the documentary either, except for MC Serch
edit, Pen talked about it.

the grainy footage at the park jams were dope.

The part about the effect the KRS-One/MC Shan beef had on Queensbridge was also really interesting to hear.

Also that Illmatic picture where he talking about those kids being in prison or dead :mjcry:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
speaking of this, I saw the Illmatic documentary last night

My friend pointed out how interesting it was for all the Jewish people (like Serch) lost their shyt over the "I went to hell for snuffing Jesus" line.

The doc was good tho. Jungle :bow:

He needs a primetime TV show.

*gets shot*
"Dont tell mommy I got shot." :dead:

edit, Pen talked about it.

the grainy footage at the park jams were dope.

The part about the effect the KRS-One/MC Shan beef had on Queensbridge was also really interesting to hear.

Also that Illmatic picture where he talking about those kids being in prison or dead :mjcry:

Did you think it ended a bit abruptly?

I thought they were gonna go more in depth with each song...but they left out "Represent" and "It Ain't Hard To Tell" and "Memory Lane".

I sat at the end like :dwillhuh: when the credits started rolling.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Did you think it ended a bit abruptly?

I thought they were gonna go more in depth with each song...but they left out "Represent" and "It Ain't Hard To Tell" and "Memory Lane".

I sat at the end like :dwillhuh: when the credits started rolling.
yes

I expected them to go through the story of each song.

Also, no Premo interview. That was really weird too.

Outside of no Premo It Aint Hard to Tell was most glaring too because Nas is an MJ stan and said he wanted that beat because he loved MJ as a kid, and Illmatic was inspired by Thriller.

But I took the doc to be more about Nas' childhood and what inspired Illmatic vs the actual music making.

Also, my nephew looks just like Nas as a kid. :dwillhuh:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
yes

I expected them to go through the story of each song.

Also, no Premo interview. That was really weird too.

Outside of no Premo It Aint Hard to Tell was most glaring too because Nas is an MJ stan and said he wanted that beat because he loved MJ as a kid, and Illmatic was inspired by Thriller.

But I took the doc to be more about Nas' childhood and what inspired Illmatic vs the actual music making.

Also, my nephew looks just like Nas as a kid. :dwillhuh:

Yeah no Premo. He was the one I was looking forward to the most honestly. But I guess hearing Pete Rock talk for a bit was consolation :manny:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@Broletariat why is it watershed, this has been happening for years

seeing as how NCAA baseball champions (or something equally irrelevant I saw the other week, forgot) and whatnot come through as well, it's not actually that big a deal