Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
@horse. kills don't even worry about me doing something like that. I've been so disillusioned by the job/internship search process that I stopped applying all together :wow:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I remember my SAT score perfectly.
That's when I realized I might not be Ivy League material. :mjcry:
funny, opposite for me

didn't study, didn't give a fukk, took it, got like 87% percentile = :ohhh: what would happen if I actually studied a bit

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@SCORCH @Gilver or @Grams or any other brehs applying for jobs now/in the near future

please do NOT call to confirm that they received your resume

like im not fukkin busy :what: i'm offering a job to reduce my workload :pacspit:

had this woman call me twice to talk to me, said "i'd like to talk to you in person" like SHE was the one to schedule an interview :what:

then she called our corporate office downtown, i get a text saying this woman callin for me, man like horse bouta call her in just to tell her to stop fukkin callin

another one emailed me and called 30 SECONDS LATER

one time this dude emailed me in response to a help wanted ad and said "im not sure if i'd be good at this job, but i'd sure like to try!"

like im gonna spend time and money training some idiot who just wants to try :what:

anyway, let's talk job hunting. i realized posting help wanted ads really brings out the morons of society.

Who the hell does that? :heh: Never in my life.

Real talk doe breh, I'm thinking about that TEFL life again. I didn't go through with it last time because I got a decent little gig so decided to stay. My celta cert has been gathering dust for two years now. Maybe @Hollister can get me a job out in Brazil...I'd sure like to try :mjcry:

What's @thatknickfan saying doe? What's good akh?

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
that's the only way i've ever been successful :wow:
People think I'm joking when I say I'm gonna have to box to get any type of income after graduation :banderas:

That's my only choice. NOBODY will hire me. shyt is crazy I don't know if it's my name that makes employers say "he some black nikka :camby:" and not hire me or my lack of experience or what but it's real in the field. I accepted it though. :mjcry:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People think I'm joking when I say I'm gonna have to box to get any type of income after graduation :banderas:

That's my only choice. NOBODY will hire me. shyt is crazy I don't know if it's my name that makes employers say "he some black nikka :camby:" and not hire me or my lack of experience or what but it's real in the field. I accepted it though. :mjcry:

Unemployed Black Woman Pretends to be White, Job Offers Suddenly Skyrocket

If you don’t believe that racism in the job market is real, then please read this article by Yolanda Spivey. Spivey, who was seeking work in the insurance industry, found that she wasn’t getting any job offers. But as an experiment, she changed her name to Bianca White, to see if employers would respond differently. You’ll be shocked and amazed by her phenomenal story.

http://www.techyville.com/2012/11/n...ds-to-be-white-job-offers-suddenly-skyrocket/

:mjcry:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I've never called anyone to ask if they got my resume, but I've definitely reached out to recruiters on LinkedIn and have emailed people. :manny:

I've gotten responses, and tbh it really all depends on the company, some will email you back saying to kick rocks, some you never hear from, that's when I go linkedin lurking etc.

@Grams keep working at it. Patience and persistence is what I really tell myself every day. Plus shot gunning it.

And it sounds rather hokey but having a list of goals on my desktop screen that I look at every day has helped me stay on track :damngoodcoffee:

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
When I tell black people that being born white is some "I got lucky" ting they say "Grams you a self-hater"
When I tell white people that their lives are easier they say "it's not easy, we still have to work hard" blah blah blah

Did like Billy Cosby, pouring in the pudding :mjcry:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
come on, just admit it

people with stupid ass names come from stupid ass families and are likely to be stupid themselves

racism :mjlol: