Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Yea. I'm undisciplined in terms of eating pork (How can I eat eggs and waffles without bacon :noah:) and praying 5 times a day (with school that's :longforman:smile: but for the most part oui. I'm fine with not drinking alcohol and that means I will have zero opportunities with the laaaaaadies (Bill Burr voice). Oh well all is as God wills it :manny:

My life is much calmer now like I don't think you'll ever see one of my infamous breakdowns on here again
Mashallah grams i hope to be a good muslim as you are my friend:salute:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Never really tried to draw many tbh, not my wave.. have a .500 avg (1/1) (that the right way to do that?:skip:

Lets ignore reality and act like most middle eastern/arab/asian women don't generally just mess with their own to get a post to pop off :skip:

Get off my dicc :skip:

You bess hope we don't sh1t on spurs this season, i'll be dedicating a post just to you detailing all of spurs failures throughout the years (and there have been many mind you :wow:)..covoisseur bottles an all sorts :skip:
I will be waiting :sas1:

Wait till NLD comes later on this month bruv:sas2:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/05/wayne-rooney-england-captain

shyt :mjlol: Ronay kinda went in on Rooney. But it's a bit of a masterclass since he mixed so much pity into the article :dead:.

Called him a power donut endomorph:deadmanny:
Pretty damning.

Crazy thing is that both Man Utd and England can't ease Rooney out gradually now that they've made him captain; he's gonna be an even bigger headache to deal with now that he's got the armband.

It has, let’s face it, been a long, hard 12 years at the sharp end for a player whose career was always likely to be a sprint rather than an endurance event.

And the the slower he gets the more this idea that he can play as some sort of #10 gets bandied about.

Rooney is almost always a disaster every time I've seen him masquerading as a #10; all he does is get the ball, smash it out wide and then waddle towards the box.

Rooney scored the only goal from the penalty spot and therefore found his name in the headlines yet again, but England looked most lively after he was substituted, with 20 minutes remaining.

That allowed Roy Hodgson to change system, playing Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck upfront together, with Raheem Sterling at the head of a midfield diamond, where he had excelled for Liverpool in their 3-0 thrashing of Tottenham last weekend. There was greater pace in England’s attack, neater combinations between the lines and more players in advance of the ball, giving the midfielders options.

Even when Rooney was on the pitch, he was not involved in England’s best moves. Club combinations came to the fore: Sterling and Sturridge twice interchanged passes excellently, then Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain played a neat one-two. England’s best passingmoves were played around Rooney, rather than through him, and for a No10, that is a damning indictment of his minimal influence.

And that's gonna happen at club level when Di Maria and co start bypassing him.

300k p/w :mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has withdrawn from the Spain squad for their opening Euro 2016 qualifier with Macedonia with a hamstring injury.

So this is going to be the story of the season.
VSELQ.gif

Thank gawd for Remy. @Liu Kang I know you saw that finish last night :whoo:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Indian girls are hit or miss. Just like Mexicans. They're either :flabbynsick: or :ohhh: :noah:

My 3 years + on campus I've never seen a Middle Eastern girl that was a dead ting. I'm not saying they're all attractive but I haven't seen any hideous ones yet :ld:
Wouldn't only the rich middle eastern girls be at college tho? Maybe that filters them.

I'm speaking on something i know fukk all about tho so could be wrong.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nice one, he's good on that type of ball. He scored a similar goal against Chelsea last season

Yeah I remembered that goal when I saw the Spain one.

If Costa's injury problems don't go away Remy is gonna play a lot. Drogba really shouldn't be playing more than 10-20 mins off the bench let alone starting games.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I remembered that goal when I saw the Spain one.

If Costa's injury problems don't go away Remy is gonna play a lot. Drogba really shouldn't be playing more than 10-20 mins off the bench let alone starting games.
Rémy should fit in Chelsea as he's good on counters and direct play.
I still think that he's not good enough to be starting for an EPL title contending club but Mourinho knows what he's doing.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rémy should fit in Chelsea as he's good on counters and direct play.
I still think that he's not good enough to be starting for an EPL title contending club but Mourinho knows what he's doing.
I think that's a little harsh tbh.

Considering the formation Chelsea play only requires one striker - and with Costa the established #1 - I think Remy as a second choice is as good as it gets without having another world-class striker playing backup.

Chelsea were good enough to beat most teams in the league last year with Eto'o and Torres and I think Costa and Remy are a massive upgrade. Remy may not be a world-beater but he's infinitely better than Torres so he's more than good enough imo.