Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Can I speak on United for a minute fellas.

I throw shots at them but I truly do respect them as an institution and yearn for those old days when we hated each other. There will always be respect there.

It's quite sad to see them this way. Not finishing 7th but it does feel like United were different to Real Madrid or Barca. They did feel like a family club even after tho they were the biggest club in the world. This new United spending money left, right, an center, doesn't feel like the same club. Just seems to be a giant Walmart.

No real structure, just crazy spending.

It's crazy to think Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs are better run.

Also because van Gaal is just looking short term. So yeah just another big club, a revolving door of managers, they'll spend big, win a couple of trophies and fukk off.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
IMO Fergie fukked them over so he can leave on a high note.

He switched up in the last couple years.

Fergie adapted to the modern age of football, forming connections with that Mendes, Kia crowd.

Good post.

Was just reading the "We're just another big club" thread on caf in bits. Feel the same.

I still don't believe Welbeck plays for Arsenal. I can't remember United selling a product of their academy to a rival and barely caring. That record of United products being in the first team since Noah was in diapers was always something I envied.

In a way it feels like Arsenal lost their last traditional rival. As much I respect Chelsea and City - Liverpool, Arsenal, and United (maybe even Villa) will always be different to me. They embody English football traditions.

tocry.png

evolve or become extinct , we had a ton of deadwood and confidence shot from last season.

This kind of big splash wont be made every season, imo we will get strootman in january or next summer and a world class cb.

team is nearly set

It's not about the spending or quality of the team bruh, it feels like United lost part of their soul. You earned the right to spend but it feels like the core values have changed.

United always had the Manc presence in their teams. They always had that player or players who embodied the United way, who passed on the spirit of Busby and all that shyt. I never got the mercenary feel from United.

All the big boys seem to have that one player who recognizes the spirit of the cub and builds on that legacy.

City - Kompany
Arsenal - Wilshere/Arteta
Chelsea - Terry
Liverpool - Gerrard
United had Giggs and Vidic but now I don't see it.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The spending of clubs like City,Chelsea were initially to build a core and without that initial prestige money was the only way they could attract players. Chelsea and City either by chance or design ended up with a core of players to build around , with City you could say Kompany,Yaya,Silva,Aguero and maybe Zabaleta became those dudes and Chelsea's initial core has been finally phased out after some turbulence with their managers .United lost theirs and the supposed replacements in Jones,Smalling,Evans,Welbeck,Cleverly did not pan out as well and they are going through that initial stage of building a team through acquisitions. Some of their purchases looked like panic buys because they wound up with multiple 10s and now that has moved on to a number of strikers that they need to find a way of utilizing effectively. I always thought Van Gaal would be arrogant enough to bring through and rely on a number of youth players over experienced one because he prides himself with his work at Barca and Bayern but the results he has had and the problems are too much to ignore.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Can I speak on United for a minute fellas.

I throw shots at them but I truly do respect them as an institution and yearn for those old days when we hated each other. There will always be respect there.

It's quite sad to see them this way. Not finishing 7th but it does feel like United were different to Real Madrid or Barca. They did feel like a family club even after tho they were the biggest club in the world. This new United spending money left, right, an center, doesn't feel like the same club. Just seems to be a giant Walmart.

No real structure, just crazy spending.

It's crazy to think Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs are better run.
:pachaha: i fukkin love it breh, not sure what you on about. fergie was the man behind the curtain, a true genius of man management and misdirection. now that he's gone, united have no charm or anything worth envying

10th year of Roman's rule and Chelsea had an active summer and ended up making money. when it's all over, nobody is gonna remember the first 7 years where they threw around cash to see what would stick.

i'd like to replace Terry with Drogba in your list btw, he was (is? somehow?) chelsea - little fanfare, dont give a shyt about tradition and legacy, just roll the ball out there and see what's what for 90 minutes, and coming out on top more often than not

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Welbeck :blessed:
The naysayers :camby: The boys gonna do good. Young, good movement, quick, good potential, great attitude, a hard worker. and black excellence.
:blessed:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
There should be a wager on how many league goals welbeck will score.... Not like i got any coli cash but still...