Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You have a team that has power all over the pitch, we don't. Sit and watch Arsenal for a 2 weeks and see how many times someone runs right down the middle of the midfield untouched.

The beatings last year had nothing to do with forwards. It's the fukking idiots who keep clamoring about forwards when we are slow, predictable, weak and naive in that defensive midfield position.

There is always going to be someone new that comes up but we have seen this movie before. This has been a problem for Arsenal since Vieira and Gilberto left. Wenger just ignores the issue and we lose out. He has passed up on the likes of Matic, Carvalho, Kondogbia, M'Vila, Fernando in favor for Arteta and Flamini.

Arteta is by far the weakest link in our team and he keeps on piecing him together.
The beatings had more to do with your moronic manager and his inability to coach his team properly. There are teams with lesser players than Arsenal that don't get smashed 6-0 by Chelsea, blaming those results on one particular type of player not being in the line-up is silly.:comeon:

When are you brehs gonna have a serious discussion about Wenger? :comeon:

Let's be honest, friends. :sitdown:

Daps

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@SCORCH

Who has a legit chance to make it to your 11 in the future

Bwh3Ri6IEAA2X2Z.jpg

Joao Rodriguez :whew: remember the name.

Kondogbia and Carvalho have the same agent and ownership arrangement...

Now see, I've seen Kondogbia play and whilst he's a great athlete he's a fukking woeful footballer. Terrible first touch and can't pass. If he has a release clause of anything more than 5m it's a joke. Carvalho hype starting to make more sense. :sas1:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Monaco were on a spending spree, didn't blame him when they were buying James and Falcao. But now they garbage, hopefully we can snatch Kondogbia, Kurzawa and Marital
I know we been linked to martial whos apprently the next henry. He looked good in the emirates cup tho.

Daps
The beatings had more to do with your moronic manager and his inability to coach his team properly. There are teams with lesser players than Arsenal that don't get smashed 6-0 by Chelsea, blaming those results on one particular type of player not being in the line-up is silly.:comeon:

When are you brehs gonna have a serious discussion about Wenger? :comeon:

Let's be honest, friends. :sitdown:

He does need to change his tactics against our rivals. Fergie was right in his book. Heres a quote from some arsenal blog who read the book.

"He mentions that he saw a change in Arsene over the last few years but he doesn’t really elaborate on that any further. He does say, however, that he worked out that all you needed to do to stop Arsenal playing was intercept the ball, that they didn’t need to win it to stop Arsenal, just intercept it then break. I don’t know about you, but I’d have thought that would work against almost any team and I don’t think it’s very well explained in the book but I think I know what he means. Arsenal rely on pass and move and if you can stop the return pass then they have to start again"

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Nah fam they don't. Plus I don't think there is 3rd party ownership in France or French players. Kondogbia has the same agent as Debuchy and Giroud. http://www.transfermarkt.com/mondial-sport-management-amp-consulting-sarl/beraterfirma/berater/2106

Here is Carvalho's agents other clients like Ronaldo and Falcao. http://www.transfermarkt.com/gestifute/beraterfirma/berater/413

Sounds good, I remember Jorge Mendes was run things last summer for him.

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido had previously said the club did not want to sell Kondogbia, and that he and investors the Doyen Group -- who reportedly own 50% of the player’s rights -- had agreed that he would stay for another season.

However, the complicated arrangement by which Sevilla signed the player from Lens in summer 2012 meant Del Nido and his club were powerless to control the situation.

Many of Monaco’s other big summer signings -- including Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez, Joao Moutinho and Ricardo Carvalho -- are believed to be closely linked to the Doyen Group and Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1536131/sevillas-geoffrey-kondogbia-on-brink-of-monaco-move

Now see, I've seen Kondogbia play and whilst he's a great athlete he's a fukking woeful footballer. Terrible first touch and can't pass. If he has a release clause of anything more than 5m it's a joke. Carvalho hype starting to make more sense. :sas1:

:dead:

Look at all the top teams in England and look at what they have and we don't it's quite evident. We are ballerinas.

We are playing Sanogo week in, week out. shyt like touch means nothing.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Chelsea heard John Swift's modest proposal ("at least send me to Vitesse or Boro") and told him to get the fukk out, I'm sending you to fukking Rotherham for wasting our time, c*nt

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He does need to change his tactics against our rivals. Fergie was right in his book. Heres a quote from some arsenal blog who read the book.

"He mentions that he saw a change in Arsene over the last few years but he doesn’t really elaborate on that any further. He does say, however, that he worked out that all you needed to do to stop Arsenal playing was intercept the ball, that they didn’t need to win it to stop Arsenal, just intercept it then break. I don’t know about you, but I’d have thought that would work against almost any team and I don’t think it’s very well explained in the book but I think I know what he means. Arsenal rely on pass and move and if you can stop the return pass then they have to start again"

The fact that he insists on only having the centerbacks in Arsenal's half during an attack and the fullbacks bombing forward ahead of the ball is a contributory factor. The Chelsea game in particular;ar was all about losing the ball on those interceptions and the transition defending was poor because Gibbs and Sagna are caught up trying to join the attack without the ball.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
The fact that he insists on only having the centerbacks in Arsenal's half during an attack and the fullbacks bombing forward ahead of the ball is a contributory factor. The Chelsea game in particular;ar was all about losing the ball on those interceptions and the transition defending was poor because Gibbs and Sagna are caught up trying to join the attack without the ball.
Yep. Both fullbacks play high, with no cover for the two centerbacks because our "holding players" aren't fast enough, big enough, smart enough, good enough in the tackle to fill in spaces left behind by the fullbacks and sniff out counters. Whenever we lose the ball a shot on goal follows 90% of the time. Unacceptable

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal do need a mobile midfielder though , even the Song/Wilshere/Cesc in a 4-2-3-1 did not experience those large losses except when facing a peak Barca but at times that was with Diaby. Man United transfer window is a weird one in that it excites them with all the names but they havent managed to bed them in yet compared to Chelsea that looks like it has had a seamless transition in addressing the exact areas of weakness. The biggest loser in the window is definitely Real Madrid, Perez organized some clusterfukks post Makelele but rearranging their midfield to look so unbalanced soon after winning the CL is a strange one and they have done so with players that they could conceivably needed. Bayern saved their window late on because that midfield looked bad, leave it to Pep to try and fit in Gaudin,Rode, and Hojberg in midfield while waiting on injury prone players they have in their central midfield.