Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Maybe Arsenal should put Sanogo out on loan somewhere in the Eredivisie or Bundesliga and see if he grows.

Alot of these young players need loans breh. But Wenger rates him highly for whatever reason.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
you are right but the back to back you talking about was in the same season which they ended last in the group or different year?..the biggest thing you are overlooking is that borussia team was its first European experience and the best versions of borussia were yet to come which was the next year when they topped the group against rmadrid and last year/this year are much better too

The back to back was last season. Arsenal beat them last season, so I dunno b :yeshrug:

Arsenal beat peak Barcelona too iirc, as an aside :yeshrug:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Like the remy signing. Solid striker with a good left foot. Can hold down the fort if Costa goes down with minor injures.

We aint fukking around this year chrlsea breh$ :wow:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Maybe Arsenal should put Sanogo out on loan somewhere in the Eredivisie or Bundesliga and see if he grows.
or just loan him to a mid-table team, because it's where these brehs end up anyway

there's no doubt these players would be better in another country, but it all comes down to money at the end of the day.

example: mame biram diouf was great at hannover and no doubt it would be a great career destination in the first place. except some shyt midtable team like stoke could double his wages, so he goes there.

its a horrible cycle that ends with great players ending up at depressing english towns like stoke and sunderland

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The back to back was last season. Arsenal beat them last season, so I dunno b :yeshrug:

Arsenal beat peak Barcelona too iirc, as an aside :yeshrug:
it was last season right and who topped the group breh?:myman:
they topped their group which included you lads and then were decimated by injuries breh, gundogan,bender,schmelzer,piscek and a few more were out for the knockout stages, that team is built to play away/home knockout stage games unlike your team arsenal who is the mexico of champions league...yea you beat Barcelona one game right? but you lost the series and was knocked out :laff:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I hate how Arsenal is playing this season. No pace, no controlling the game, no protection for the back 4

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Waits til the 76th minute to make subs :snoop:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
breh either you in the "fog" or in complete denial about things without suarez this team isn't a title candidate..if we make the top 4 which we have a great chance and make it to the round of 16/8 in the cl I would be very happy...next year if what I just said ends up happening then we might need to add another big superstar and some more depth and maybe then we can compete for the epl title

I dont know breh, i think Sturridge can work that Suarez-like magic

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
it was last season right and who topped the group breh?:myman:
they topped their group which included you lads and then were decimated by injuries breh, gundogan,bender,schmelzer,piscek and a few more were out for the knockout stages, that team is built to play away/home knockout stage games unlike your team arsenal who is the mexico of champions league...yea you beat Barcelona one game right? but you lost the series and was knocked out :laff:

I think it's more my point that all the prognostications and claims that Arsenal are going to be smashed can be duly labeled as complete nonsense. People said Arsenal were going to be smashed in Dortmund last season. There are no certainties in matches like this.